ADVERTISEMENT

McCoy out at Maryland

Maryland has some decent HS talent so hopefully they get a solid guy. Only one place to go at that job so no pressure...

We were just talking about McCoy this past weekend in Minneapolis. Based on results, I’m surprised it took this long.

Maryland borders Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
1/2 of BIG finalists were from Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Worse places to be than Maryland.

Close enough I guess... Delaware is asking:
wWdPMn.gif

Reactions: Edgar Wade
He made close to 150k. If they are willing to hire someone in that salary range, they are going to attract some big names.

Jordan Leen, Associate Head Coach at Pitt, former assistant at UVA, former NCAA Champ at Cornell, could be a good candidate.

Scott Moore, head coach at Lock Haven, could be a good fit.

Brad Dillon, Associate HC at Lehigh, and former UMD assistant to Santoro, might be good. He's a Lehigh grad so he may just be waiting to take over that program when Santoro steps down.

Would Mark Perry consider this? It's a pretty big rebuild. I know that he is good with the technique side of coaching, but would he want to devote that much time to the administrative b.s. side that this job may require?

Feels like a job Cary Kolat could take and run with. He’s got the PA ties. He’s making history down at Campbell. They seem to be investing to keep him, but for $150k, the Big Ten, and the geographic advantage, a new wrestling complex may not be enough to keep him at Campbell.

Jordan Leen, Associate Head Coach at Pitt, former assistant at UVA, former NCAA Champ at Cornell, could be a good candidate.

Scott Moore, head coach at Lock Haven, could be a good fit.

Brad Dillon, Associate HC at Lehigh, and former UMD assistant to Santoro, might be good. He's a Lehigh grad so he may just be waiting to take over that program when Santoro steps down.

Would Mark Perry consider this? It's a pretty big rebuild. I know that he is good with the technique side of coaching, but would he want to devote that much time to the administrative b.s. side that this job may require?
Isn't time for Casey Cunningham to stretch his wings? What about Coleman Scott? Leen and Moore good candidates as well.

He made close to 150k. If they are willing to hire someone in that salary range, they are going to attract some big names.
Everything is relative. Anywhere near College Park Md, 150K is chump change. His wife would have to work two jobs. College Park is 10 miles from the US Capitol Building in DC. It's very expensive unless you don't mind living in literal slums, and that is your choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT