ADVERTISEMENT

Megan Gustafson / Dallas Wings Finish their Season at 10 Wins, 24 Losses (T-2nd worst WNBA Record)

UPDATE: The suspension news is out. Two Dallas players got two games each. A third got one game, but it will be delayed until after the other two in order to maintain the minimum eight-player roster for the Wings. Still should get Megan a little more playing time in the short term.

Griner got three games, which should be interesting. She already was quoted that any suspension will impact her decision to stay in the WNBA.

https://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-anno...as-wings-at-phoenix-mercury-game-altercation/
Lol Brittney Griner threatening to quit the WNBA.

Do it.

Aug 29, 2019
88 Dallas Wings (10-20)
83 Chicago Sky (18-13)

Dallas only played 8 players last night and Megan still got little playing time.

In this game the 5 Dallas starters all played between 32 and 37 minutes. The 5 Dallas starters played 175 of the 200 possible minutes.

That left 25 minutes for the THREE bench players; 5 of those minutes went to Megan. 14 went to the other Dallas center; the remaining 6 went to a Dallas guard.

Megan's stats:
5 minutes (of possible 40)
2 Points
1-2 in 2 pt FGs
0-0 in 3 pt FGs
0-0 FTs
2 Rebounds (1 Offensive)
0 Steals
0 Blocks
0 Assists
0 Turnovers
0 Fouls
+4 in +/

For complete box score, go here: https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=401105093

I saw an ESPN interview of her post brawl and she has a deeper voice than most men.

Wow, she is "something."

LOL

Yep. 6'9 " height and a very deep voice are both normal for a woman....

As you can see in this video, Griner feels underpaid and unappreciated in the WNBA.

Watch:

She may be underappreciated, but it is wholly because she is an unlikable punk with a complete inability to see outside herself. Me me me with her.

Aug 31, 2019
91 Washington Mystics (23-8)
85 Dallas Wings (10-21)

Dallas played 9 players Saturday night and Megan still got little playing time. Note that she was +14 in +/-.

In this game the 5 Dallas starters all played between 21 and 38 minutes. The 5 Dallas starters played 162 of the 200 possible minutes.

That left 38 minutes for the FOUR bench players; 11 of those minutes went to Megan. 20 went to the other Dallas center; 3 went to a forward; the remaining 4 went to a Dallas guard.

Megan's stats:
11 minutes (of possible 40)
4 Points
2-2 in 2 pt FGs
0-0 in 3 pt FGs
0-0 FTs
2 Rebounds (1 Offensive)
0 Steals
0 Blocks
0 Assists
0 Turnovers
2 Fouls
+14 in +/

For complete box score, go here: https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=401105096

Last edited:
Yes. It is more likely that the coach hates Megan than Larry is a moron.
Megan remains second on the team in win shares per 40 minutes yet continues to be tenth when it comes to minutes played. So while your statement is totally tongue in cheek, there is validity to that thought.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Just hit her first WNBA three-pointer, cutting a 30-point deficit to 27. Followed up by an old school three point play. She also had a total of one 3 point field goal in her college career.

Just hit her first WNBA three-pointer, cutting a 30-point deficit to 27. Followed up by an old school three point play. She also had a total of one 3 point field goal in her college career.

Let me guess coach Agler called a timeout and asked her not to score anymore.

Wed Sep 4, 2019
72 Dallas Wings (10-22)
102 Connecticut Sun (23-9)

Dallas played 9 players Wednesday night.

Dallas was down by 23 at half and by 27 heading into the 4th quarter.

In this game the 5 Dallas starters all played between 19 and 39 minutes. The 5 Dallas starters played 145 of the 200 possible minutes.

That left 55 minutes for the FOUR bench players; 16 of those minutes went to Megan. 26 went to the other Dallas center; 8 went to a forward; the remaining 5 went to a Dallas guard.

Megan's stats:
16 minutes (of possible 40)
8 Points
2-2 in 2 pt FGs
1-3 in 3 pt FGs
1-1 FTs
2 Rebounds (1 Offensive)
1 Steals
0 Blocks
0 Assists
0 Turnovers
2 Fouls
-17 in +/

For complete box score, go here:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=401105104

Reactions: And1Hawk
I'm guessing you spent the last four days browsing my posting history trying to come up with a better retort before finally resorting back to your trusty "lol." You're nothing if not consistent 12.
On a side note, nice to see Megan get 16 minutes last night and respond with 8 points.

I'm guessing you spent the last four days browsing my posting history trying to come up with a better retort before finally resorting back to your trusty "lol." You're nothing if not consistent 12.
On a side note, nice to see Megan get 16 minutes last night and respond with 8 points.

He's big on accuracy and facts. When he can't find mistakes, he uses the lol.

Megan starts the 2nd half and promptly scores 2 baskets (one a lay up; the other a baseline midrange jump shot).

And just like that, just a few minutes into the 2nd half, Megan is tied for 3rd most points on her team.

Pts/ Dallas Player
19 Ogunbowale
08 Davis
04 Gustafson
04 2 other Dallas players

Last edited:
Reactions: And1Hawk
Fri Sep 6, 2019
73 Dallas Wings (10-23)
86 Washington Mystics (25-8)

Dallas played 9 players Friday night.

Dallas was down by 18 at half and by 15 heading into the 4th quarter.

In this game the 5 Dallas starters all played between 10 and 37 minutes. The 5 Dallas starters played 139 of the 200 possible minutes.

That left 61 minutes for the FOUR bench players; 14 of those minutes went to Megan. 10 went to the other Dallas center; 16 went to a forward; the remaining 21 went to a Dallas guard.

Megan's stats:
14 minutes (of possible 40)
4 Points
2-3 in 2 pt FGs
0-1 in 3 pt FGs
0-0 FTs
3 Rebounds (0 Offensive)
0 Steals
1 Blocks
1 Assists
0 Turnovers
2 Fouls
+1 in +/

For complete box score, go here: https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=401105107

She got 21 minutes today (2nd most she has played)...4 points (2-7) and 7 rebounds. She is still struggling with the speed of the game, but she does work every second she is on the court.

I was at the game and I saw more Iowa gear than any other school by far.

Cathy Engelbert (WNBA commissioner) was there today and I talked to her briefly...she has her hands full with the players almost guaranteed to be opting out of their CBA after the season, but I hope her and the players union can come to agreeable terms and don't jeopardize the league. I know it loses money, but I think its a great league for young women and provides some great role models (like Megan) for young kids.

The 34 game regular season is over. Atlanta had the worst record at 8-26 and will pick first in the 2020 WNBA draft. Unless something crazy happens, expect Sabrina Ionescu of Oregon to be the #1 overall pick. Either Dallas or New York (both at 10-24) will then pick second.

Sun Sep 8, 2019 (Final game of Dallas' season)
64 Dallas Wings (10-24)
78 Seattle Storm (18-16)

Dallas played 9 players in their final game of the season.

Dallas was down by 18 at half and by 22 heading into the 4th quarter.

In this game the 5 Dallas starters all played between 16 and 36 minutes. The 5 Dallas starters played 140 of the 200 possible minutes.

That left 60 minutes for the FOUR bench players; 21 of those minutes went to Megan. 5 went to the other Dallas center; 21 went to a forward; the remaining 13 went to a Dallas guard.

For this game:
34%:
Dallas Team overall shooting
29%: Megan's overall shooting
17%: Starting forward Glory Johnson's overall shooting (yikes!)

7 rebounds:
Megan, in 21 minutes
8 rebounds: Forward Izzy Harrison led Dallas in rebounding, but played 36 of the 40 minutes

Arike Ogunbowale led the Wings (10-24) with 25 points to finish the season with 630 points, the third-highest rookie scoring total in WNBA history.

Megan's stats:
21 minutes (of possible 40)
4 Points
2-6 in 2 pt FGs
0-1 in 3 pt FGs
0-0 FTs
7 Rebounds (2 Offensive)
1 Steals
1 Blocks
0 Assists
1 Turnovers
4 Fouls
-4 in +/

For complete box score, go here: https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore/_/gameId/401105114

Last edited:
The Big Ten Media Guide is out for 2019-20, which includes an updated Record Book. While the Record Book has some repetition of sorts because its has records for all games, conference games, single games, career, and tournament games, it is nonetheless astonishing how many times the name Gustafson appears in the Big Ten Record Book. As the Record Book demonstrates, the greatness of MG's last two seasons is hard to overstate. While MG may not be the best player in the history of the Big Ten, she may have the biggest foot print in the Big Ten Record Book.

The Big Ten Media Guide is out for 2019-20, which includes an updated Record Book. While the Record Book has some repetition of sorts because its has records for all games, conference games, single games, career, and tournament games, it is nonetheless astonishing how many times the name Gustafson appears in the Big Ten Record Book. As the Record Book demonstrates, the greatness of MG's last two seasons is hard to overstate. While MG may not be the best player in the history of the Big Ten, she may have the biggest foot print in the Big Ten Record Book.

While she may not be the best player in the history of the Big Ten, it's like Bum Phillips said regarding running back Earl Campbell, he may not be the best in his class, but it won't take long to take names.

Reactions: cyberhawk
A new game; 21 and 11. Interesting that the visitor's bench has a plexi-glass wall and roof between the players and the fans.

Reactions: Franisdaman
With the "help" of Google Translate, here is the beginning of the write-up of yesterday's NKE-Csata (the good guys) win.

THIRD WE WIN THIRDLY

2019-10-204410
WE ARE BEAUTIFUL IN THE LUDOVIKA AREA WITH A BEAUTIFUL STYLE WITH 40 MINUTES DRIVE AND MORE EXTRA PERFORMANCE, WINNING A SERIES OF THREE WINS.

As expected, the BEAC entered the arena of the Ludovika Arena with no raised hands. Not least because many of them accompanied Annák Laklóth, creating a real match in the hall. In the first minutes the guests were led, we had a hard time playing, and due to the dense program the girls lacked freshness. We couldn't win the first quarter, 20-20 on the board after ten minutes. So far our brilliant legends, Cannon and Gustafson, have been duller, Krisztián Tursics has tried to compensate Radócz by giving him more playing options, but later, Solimos came into play. In the second half, we were only able to move away from BEAC, with a 31-28 lead to break a 14-2 series.
http://www.csatabasketball.hu/2019/10/20/zsinorban-harmadszor-gyoztunk/

I think the duller Gustafson ended up with 14 points.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT