ADVERTISEMENT

Megan Gustafson Pro Career

Her team is so bad that they should play her at forward, with Griner at center, just to get her on the court more. With minutes she will prove that she is clearly one of the top four, if not three best players on that team.
Agree; I think she's been evolving her game in that direction. Too many WNBA players in the 6'5"-6'7" range who are also strong and athletic. to get by as a 6'3" pure post.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Last night Megan started in the Mercury's 72-71 loss to the Fever.

Her stats:

27 minutes

2-3 (67%) from 3
4-12 (33%) from 2 point range
6-15 (40%) overall shooting

3-4 (75%) FTs

17 points
4 rebounds (3 offensive)

Megan started again last night for the Mercury, who beat the Dream 91-71. Diana Taurasi went off for 42 points (and now has 10,024 career points). Although Megan came close, no other Mercury player scored in double figures.

Megan's stats:

27 minutes (2nd only to Taurasi's 30 min)

0-1 from three
3-6 (50%) from 2 point range
3-7 (43%) overall shooting

2-3 (67%) FTs

8 points
8 rebounds (3 offensive)
1 assist
1 steal
1 block

Here was Megan pregame & postgame:

What did Meg play in the 3rd Q, one or two minutes and not much in the 4th as I recall?

Ok, there's no way you read the actual article yourself LMAO. Cute little Google search and copy/paste though.

I stopped after just one, bc Joan of Arc never actually fought in battle 🤣🤣🤣 that's based on her very own testimony, Smart Guy. Find more adequate evidence, and I'm all ears. But I'm not gonna waste my time when this one is terminally flawed from the outset. You lose.

I won't respond anymore, since others want this thread to remain on topic. I can respect that... that gift of mine will help prevent you from future intellectual embarrassment as well. You're a ****ing lightweight.
Thanks for keeping it on topic. Yes, women aren’t nearly as good at basketball and there are a lot of lesbos in the NBA. I’ve never watched the WNBA, nor have any desire to, but, if you watch enough Women’s college BB, it is fun and interesting. How could you not enjoy Iowa’s Women’s team last year?? And if you don’t, why not let people get excited about what they want to?

You may be right in alot of your points—most think the WNBA sucks, but that is irrelevant—meaning others are going to believe what they want, others might like it. so why argue? I personally don’t give 2 shits about the WNBA, but love hearing about Meg and other former Iowa players.

Megan started again last night for the Mercury, who beat the Dream 91-71. Diana Taurasi went off for 42 points (and now has 10,024 career points). Although Megan came close, no other Mercury player scored in double figures.

Megan's stats:

27 minutes (2nd only to Taurasi's 30 min)

0-1 from three
3-6 (50%) from 2 point range
3-7 (43%) overall shooting

2-3 (67%) FTs

8 points
8 rebounds (3 offensive)
1 assist
1 steal
1 block

Here was Megan pregame & postgame:

I think Taurasi is going for the Luka Doncic award sometimes when she goes after the officials, lol. :)

Reactions: Franisdaman
Meg had 8 of her 10 points last night in the first quarter, which helped the Mercury set the WNBA record for points in a quarter. She was honored by her coach after the game as “most effecient” player:

Another new European team for Gustafson! I'm curious if she's wanting to play in all different countries just for the experience of it, or if her agent is finding her more lucrative contracts as her skill level and value have gone up season by season, and she's just following the money. Or some of both I guess.

Reactions: amahawk
“Off the top of” your head. 😂🤣😂🤣

I went off the top of my head which is why it was an automatic gear shift I meant. The blood bank (and blood transfusions) aren’t on that list either. Happy to educate you and any other MAGAts here. ;)
Anything original to insult people with or are you really going to go with the played out magats?

Reactions: amahawk
Still don't understand why she doesn't get 30 minutes a game. She's a far better player than Onyenrwere, or Turner. And yet gets half the minutes.

I was watching three games (and sports) at the same time last night, but have to think Ashley Joens earned more playing time with her performance last night.

i live in the PHoenix area and saw a 3-5 second clip of the Mercury a night or 2 ago. On the fast break she was cutting for the basket without much in the way of defenders near by. As per usual with the Mercury, the guards ignored her. IF they gave her equal treatment as most other players get, she would score a lot more.

i live in the PHoenix area and saw a 3-5 second clip of the Mercury a night or 2 ago. On the fast break she was cutting for the basket without much in the way of defenders near by. As per usual with the Mercury, the guards ignored her. IF they gave her equal treatment as most other players get, she would score a lot more.

It's almost like they would rather throw up a brick or throw it away than hit an open Meg.

I doubt you watched them much this season tbh. I do agree that last season some guards would not trust her with the ball, but that hasn't been the case this year. She got the ball more than she ever has and was the 1st or 2nd scoring option when the bench unit was in. That is reflected in her logging career highs for PPG, FGA, and minutes played. It's the nature of basketball that guards will fail to see an open post player at times.

I haven't watched much this year but last year they missed her ALL the time. I read an article from a previous player that there is a certain 'click' depending on your personal preference (as in straight).

Reactions: BGHAWK
I haven't watched much this year but last year they missed her ALL the time. I read an article from a previous player that there is a certain 'click' depending on your personal preference (as in straight).
If you haven't watched much this year, maybe it's not appropriate to comment on what is or is not happening on (or off) the court. Additionally, if you'd like to discuss rumors about the inner dynamics of the league, I think a different thread would be more appropriate! Let's keep this focused on Megan.

If you haven't watched much this year, maybe it's not appropriate to comment on what is or is not happening on (or off) the court. Additionally, if you'd like to discuss rumors about the inner dynamics of the league, I think a different thread would be more appropriate! Let's keep this focused on Megan.

But it would seem to add credibility to the issue if a prior player is saying the same sorts of things, wouldn't it?

But it would seem to add credibility to the issue if a prior player is saying the same sorts of things, wouldn't it?
It doesn't have the slightest shred of credibility if neither of you can even name the player in question LMAO.

(And don't come back here saying Candice Wiggins because she is certifiably nuts.)

I was focused on Megan. She was hurt (professionally) a lot by what went on.
Love Megan, but what has hurt her professionally is that she struggles to defend well at the pro level. Nothing to do with her sexuality.

It doesn't have the slightest shred of credibility if neither of you can even name the player in question LMAO.

(And don't come back here saying Candice Wiggins because she is certifiably nuts.)

Love Megan, but what has hurt her professionally is that she struggles to defend well at the pro level. Nothing to do with her sexuality.
I agree her defense is weak. However, you can't score if you don't have the ball. If she got, say 5 points a game more, here stats would be pretty good.

Sort of makes a person wonder why other players might not trust Megan (your words earlier) a recent player of the year who certainly knows how to deliver in the paint. I will say this, the WNBA seams to me to be more of a run and gun offense compared to a set up offense. Just my opinion.

I agree with your next to last sentence. I have nothing regarding your last sentence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT