ADVERTISEMENT

Megan Gustafson Pro Career

Very few of the WNBA players play good defense. It is plays much like Iowa men's and women's teams. Megans is not much worse than the majority of the players in this league. And her offensive output is much more reliable.

Took me a bit to realize you meant “clique” and not “click.”

Not that anything you’re saying really makes sense on any level lol
You got me! I usually look up spelling if not sure, but was in a hurry! As to Wiggins, what do you all have to prove she is 'crazy'. (I admit 98% of any group is probably never going to be accurate)

Megan is with her new team in London! The first big test will be the EuroLeague Qualifiers, which is when domestic teams compete for the right to play in the top international European league (EuroLeague). Some clubs have permanent spots in EuroLeague, but less prestigious clubs have to earn their spot every year. Last year Megan led her Greek team to its first EuroLeague berth in a long while, and she'll hope to do the same with the London Lions.

Was this a home and away series that counts total points from two games? The Hungarian team was content to lose by a point at the end and all the celebration indicated they won the series.

Was this a home and away series that counts total points from two games? The Hungarian team was content to lose by a point at the end and all the celebration indicated they won the series.
Here's the information about Euroleague:

Unfortunately, London Lions was eliminated by DVTK.

Yup you got it--London lost by a significant margin in game 1. Megan and Karlie Samuelson -- the two WNBA players on the squad -- didn't even arrive in the UK until a few days prior to this competition, and team chemistry was definitely not there in game 1. That's the sad nature of pro leagues sometimes.

From February 8-11 Megan will compete with the Spanish National Team in hopes of qualifying for the Paris 2024 Olympics. I *think* it's a round robin between Japan, Canada, Spain, and Hungary and that of these four countries, three advance. Japan, Canada, and Spain were all at the last Olympics.

Reactions: shikreto
Anyone know what's up with Czinano? She hasn't played in her team's last two games.

do you know what is guaranteed? ie, does she have to make the roster for year 1 money to be guaranteed? when is year 2 money guaranteed?

sometimes the fine print in these announcements can really suck.

I have no idea how WNBA contracts work, I'm just going to ignorantly assume she'll be in Vegas for 2 years

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
Holy sh*t -- the two time defending champs! That's exciting news and I hope she sticks.

It's typical for contract details to emerge a couple days/weeks later but I'd be surprised if it's guaranteed. You can only carry 6 guaranteed contracts and Vegas already has 5 on the books for this season. (see here) I would expect them to save that spot for a more high profile signing. In my opinion the fact that Vegas offered two years is a small sign of hope that the organization is serious about her making the team. If it was a training camp contract (one year, minimum salary, non-guaranteed), it would be more of an invitation like "hey come try out for us and we'll see." She might have had other one year minimum offers from around the league (especially from worse teams where she'd likely get more serious playing time) and offering two years (and maybe a couple thousand more bucks?) was a way for Vegas to out compete those other offers.

Holy sh*t -- the two time defending champs! That's exciting news and I hope she sticks.

It's typical for contract details to emerge a couple days/weeks later but I'd be surprised if it's guaranteed. You can only carry 6 guaranteed contracts and Vegas already has 5 on the books for this season. (see here) I would expect them to save that spot for a more high profile signing. In my opinion the fact that Vegas offered two years is a small sign of hope that the organization is serious about her making the team. If it was a training camp contract (one year, minimum salary, non-guaranteed), it would be more of an invitation like "hey come try out for us and we'll see." She might have had other one year minimum offers from around the league (especially from worse teams where she'd likely get more serious playing time) and offering two years (and maybe a couple thousand more bucks?) was a way for Vegas to out compete those other offers.
Megan's contract with the Aces is two years, unprotected, 94k year one, then 96.8k year two. The vet minimum would be 76.5k so if she makes the team that's a significant pay bump for her.

Spain is going to the Olympics! Although they still have one game to play today, win or lose they advance via the tiebreaker of their head to head win over Canada. Megan has been coming off the bench but is averaging 20+ minutes and is still Spain's leading scorer in that role.

There are several other former NCAA players in the tournament that Iowa has faced either during Megan's time or more recently.

Canada:
Bridget Carleton, Iowa State
Laeticia Amihere, South Carolina

Hungary:
Dorka Juhasz, Ohio State/UConn

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

Megan's team advances to the EuroCup finals! Struggled in the first half defensively, but she led all scorers with 19. First time ever for any team from the UK. Her front courtmate is Temi Fagbenle who will probably play with Caitlin this summer in Indiana.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
So what relative of Megan is Spanish.? Last I knew had to have a parent or grandparent to qualify to play for a country. Anyone know?. Would have thought with her name it would be Sweden!!!!!! Congrats *Megan

So what relative of Megan is Spanish.? Last I knew had to have a parent or grandparent to qualify to play for a country. Anyone know?. Would have thought with her name it would be Sweden!!!!!! Congrats *Megan
Well, she has a mother too, and a grandmother. Her dark hair isn’t a typically Swedish feature.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT