ADVERTISEMENT

Met a personal friend of Greg Davis JR. last night

BigOHawkfan

HB MVP
Aug 23, 2011
Omaha Nebraska
Had a chance to throw a couple drinks down and learn a little about GD and how he would like Iowa's offense to run. First off this is a guy who has spent a lot of time around the Davis family, he told me Greg SR really likes the group of QB's he has to work with right now and thinks if a young receiver can jump in and take attention away from Smith that he and C.J. can have a huge year. He wants to throw down the field but believes you must have a short route available to really spread the defense to create 1 on 1 match ups down field. From what I gathered this is where GD and KF don't click as KF wants to use the run to set up the pass.. Offensive line is coming together and the RB's are the real deal, went as far as to say Mitchell could end the season as #1 guy, said he is able to make what should be a 3 yard loss into a long td run. Also mentioned Brian is working the old man pretty hard about opening things up and making things a little more exciting. He told me that they are excited about the future and there is a big push to take full advantage of the upgrades. He also told me the coaches really believe the next few years of Iowa football could be special as they feel good about how this team is coming together and the young depth they have now is going to be a force in the near future! Nothing to Earth shattering here but just wanted to pass along what he had to say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News