ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan fan - I come in peace!

First, let me apologize for some of the Michigan-aligned jackalopes I have seen infecting some of your threads in my preliminary browsing. I think every fan base has that element to one extent or another, and we are certainly no exception. Sorry about that.

With that said, let me say congrats on a hard fought and well-deserved B1G West Championship. With all the injuries, it is absolutely remarkable that you guys were not only able to win the division, but win it going away! Impressive. I had a great time talking with Hawkeye fans in 2021 last time we were both in Indy, and I'm looking forward to more of the same this weekend.

I'm sure you feel the same way (much more strongly), but I'm very disappointed we won't get to see these two teams play at full strength and full health. We lost our All American guard last week, which sucks, but other than that we are remarkably healthy for this time of year (knock wood). On the other hand, Iowa . . . sheesh. I count probably 5 (that I know of) injuries among your top 10 players. I don't know how anyone overcomes that, but somehow Ferentz seems to have found a way. Selfishly, I would love to match up again with our former Michigan guys - I think most Michigan fans still have a lot of lingering affection for Eric All and were hoping to see him continue to succeed. And Cade McNamara is also a guy who played at Michigan.

I'm also bummed I won't get to see the Cooper Dejean show live in person. I've always enjoyed watching that guy play, even more so after seeing the episode of The Journey on BTN that featured him. Hope he makes a fast and speedy recovery - he's more than welcome to join the Detroit Lions along with Jack Campbell and Sam LaPorta!

Anyway, looking forward to a great weekend in Indy, and hopefully a fun game with no further injuries for either team. Go Blue and good luck Hawks!
Awesome! Have a safe and fantastic trip! I’d love to say we’ll give you a close game but just hope it’s better than 2021.
Always good to see O$U lose!

If UMeeeechigan is so damn good (which they admit they are), why does their Coach find it necessary to cheat like he does?
Would you actually like to discuss this issue, or is this just a drive-by? If you legitimately would like to engage I’m happy to talk about this with you.

Reactions: bluehair666
Would you actually like to discuss this issue, or is this just a drive-by? If you legitimately would like to engage I’m happy to talk about this with you.
Please tell me why the B10 is picking on Harbaugh! Twice in a year…I’m sure next to Trump there is no man in America picked on more than Jimmy “the cheater” Harbaugh… just another witch hunt.
Sorry, no sympathy for Harbaugh from me. I thought UMichigan was better than that. When’s UMichigan joining the SEC?

• Haha
I’ve had three different encounters with Michigan fans for games. Collectively, they are some of my favorite opposing fans.
I flew to Schoolcraft for work in 2013 and dealt with a lot of them in the Hotel bar since my wardrobe was basically Iowa gear. Confident bunch but were very decent and we exchanged some good natured ribbing. Most fanbases are a lot more douchey on line and I agree I enjoyed talking to them.

Please tell me why the B10 is picking on Harbaugh! Twice in a year…I’m sure next to Trump there is no man in America picked on more than Jimmy “the cheater” Harbaugh… just another witch hunt.
Sorry, no sympathy for Harbaugh from me. I thought UMichigan was better than that. When’s UMichigan joining the SEC?
So then I guess that’s a no? That’s fine. Congrats on a nice season and here’s hoping both teams come through the game injury free - Lord knows you guys have had enough injuries to contend with.

I love joel but move on dude. Good guy but I don't think you're going to get a nuanced conversation on this topic.
I remember Jerry Tark’s comment after UNC got busted for academic fraud involving their BB team……”Watch out Cleveland State, the NCAA is coming after you!”
Harbaugh is a 1st Class cheater….been CAUGHT twice in 6 months……suspended TWICE but he is still the UMichigan FB coach…..Proves the importance of winning FB games At any and all costs. Sorry woah…..ethics matter to me. Cheaters always find a way and a reason to cheat. UMichigan is a bunch of whiney crybabies any way.
Now Harbaugh’s dad was a helluva guy and much loved assistant FB coach at UIowa, back in the day.

• Haha
Yeah, Michigan is probably among the "leaders and best" when it comes to having douchy elements in our fan base, especially in relation to other traditional Big 10 schools. The demographics of the school probably lead to that a bit - lots of students from outside the traditional midwest Big 10 footprint who have more abrasive personalities, and there is a significant amount of institutional arrogance (I hate the "Michigan Man" bs . . .) one normally doesn't see outside of South Bend, Durham and a few other places that fancy themselves "Public Ivies." I'm a Michigan grad and have sent two kids to Ann Arbor, and it annoys even me. I can see where it would grate on others even more.

As to the "scandals," with all due respect I think a good deal of the public reaction to that whole thing has resulted from the inaccurate and sensationalized manner in which the media (largely ESPN) has reported it. Ferentz wasn't wrong when he took ESPN to task recently. Speaking as someone who has dug into every aspect of the "sign stealing scandal," read all the applicable rules and bylaws and understands both the alleged violation and its reasonable impact on games at least as well as most outsiders, I would respectfully suggest it does not demonstrate the sort of widespread lack of integrity (either to the program generally or Jim Harbaugh specifically) that many have attributed to it.

What? ESPN putting out stories for clicks? Against Big Ten schools? I simply don't believe this. ;)

Kirk IS still waiting for that apology from them though. That I'm sure of.

Eff those guys.

I remember Jerry Tark’s comment after UNC got busted for academic fraud involving their BB team……”Watch out Cleveland State, the NCAA is coming after you!”
Harbaugh is a 1st Class cheater….been CAUGHT twice in 6 months……suspended TWICE but he is still the UMichigan FB coach…..Proves the importance of winning FB games At any and all costs. Sorry woah…..ethics matter to me. Cheaters always find a way and a reason to cheat. UMichigan is a bunch of whiney crybabies any way.
Now Harbaugh’s dad was a helluva guy and much loved assistant FB coach at UIowa, back in the day.

I wasn't mocking you or challenging your opinion, I just know how passionate you are on the subject and no level of internet arguing is going to change it. Just warning one of the most level headed opposing fan posters who has come around these parts. Blame the habitual trolls for my sympathetic attitude towards someone who doesn't seem like a complete jackass.

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
I wasn't mocking you or challenging your opinion, I just know how passionate you are on the subject and no level of internet arguing is going to change it. Just warning one of the most level headed opposing fan posters who has come around these parts. Blame the habitual trolls for my sympathetic attitude towards someone who doesn't seem like a complete jackass.
I’m sorry I have very little tolerance for “blind fans”……….If UMichigan was half as righteous as they act, they’d have insisted Harbaugh be fired for the sign-stealing bullshit. Hellsbells…..Kirk worked for Belichek and has never been caught for sign stealing……,.,,.Harbaugh just read about And thought it was a good idea! ;) But like I said, Cheaters gonna cheat.

• Haha
I’m sorry I have very little tolerance for “blind fans”……….If UMichigan was half as righteous as they act, they’d have insisted Harbaugh be fired for the sign-stealing bullshit. Hellsbells…..Kirk worked for Belichek and has never been caught for sign stealing……,.,,.Harbaugh just read about And thought it was a good idea! ;) But like I said, Cheaters gonna cheat.

That's what I'm saying man... am I wrong in thinking you two are never going to agree? I was just giving the guy the bat signal to move on.

First, let me apologize for some of the Michigan-aligned jackalopes I have seen infecting some of your threads in my preliminary browsing. I think every fan base has that element to one extent or another, and we are certainly no exception. Sorry about that.

With that said, let me say congrats on a hard fought and well-deserved B1G West Championship. With all the injuries, it is absolutely remarkable that you guys were not only able to win the division, but win it going away! Impressive. I had a great time talking with Hawkeye fans in 2021 last time we were both in Indy, and I'm looking forward to more of the same this weekend.

I'm sure you feel the same way (much more strongly), but I'm very disappointed we won't get to see these two teams play at full strength and full health. We lost our All American guard last week, which sucks, but other than that we are remarkably healthy for this time of year (knock wood). On the other hand, Iowa . . . sheesh. I count probably 5 (that I know of) injuries among your top 10 players. I don't know how anyone overcomes that, but somehow Ferentz seems to have found a way. Selfishly, I would love to match up again with our former Michigan guys - I think most Michigan fans still have a lot of lingering affection for Eric All and were hoping to see him continue to succeed. And Cade McNamara is also a guy who played at Michigan.

I'm also bummed I won't get to see the Cooper Dejean show live in person. I've always enjoyed watching that guy play, even more so after seeing the episode of The Journey on BTN that featured him. Hope he makes a fast and speedy recovery - he's more than welcome to join the Detroit Lions along with Jack Campbell and Sam LaPorta!

Anyway, looking forward to a great weekend in Indy, and hopefully a fun game with no further injuries for either team. Go Blue and good luck Hawks!
I would love to see Cooper join the his team mates in Detroit. I think you guys are what Iowa would like to look like. We could if one part of the team contributed to our complementary football.

And let's be honest . . . the "10-2 result" is BS. Iowa is 11-1, at least in my mind (and I'm confident that is the record inscribed on the Ledger of Justice).

Speaking of the Ledger of Justice, wouldn’t that make Iowa 11-0? Although one could argue 12-0. IDK just strike the MI games from the record or give the other teams the win?

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT