ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Fans..

Anybody get a screen shot of the Michigan chap with painted face and a funny looking wolverine cap? He seemed a bit worried with about a minute to go.

We had lunch with one. We met him for the first time yesterday. He was very gracious, pre- and post-game.

Fans that can afford to travel to away games are normally classy. It's the trashy non grads that every huge state school fan base has that gives then a bad rap.

One exception I had was Wisconsin. Bad. But bad in comparison to other places. Still good. And I've been to UM, OSU, Iowa, Purdue and NW as an MSU fan.

You're correct. A sad day when I enjoy Iowa road games more so than home games, but in many ways it has reached this point for me.

I'm not. No. Iowa home games are more work for me. Iowa has priced a lot of fans out of going to games. I sit on the 40, and most around me are single game ticket buyers, very few season ticket holders. It allows for a very eclectic group which changes every game. Some not very well behaved.

The crowd has changed over the last several years.

Reactions: Wadukester
Had heard terrible things about them heading into this one.. Had absolutely no problem with them. They had a perfect amount of arrogance and enthusiasm for their team without being total dbags.. I had probably 5-10 of them sitting around us and they were all very fun!

We pride ourselves in being great fans. I feel we're some of the best out there, but I respect the Iowa fan base too.

Mich and OSU might be some of the better fans in the conference. Nothing but good experiences with them. The rest are all trash.

My best friend lived in Ypsilanti for almost 25 years. Dealt with the UM football team for just about all those years. He worked for the Outback...they threw a weekly meal for the team for a long time, and if my memory is good the store was right down the exact same street as the stadium by a few miles.

He has nothing but good things to say about the school, the people/teams he dealt with, and the fans. Said Lloyd Carr was an awesome guy overall.

His view of MSU fans though is almost completely opposite after working in the Lansing store. He described it as a "little brother inferiority complex" fan base on steroids. They seemed to have a permanent chip on their shoulders that bordered on pathological.

Good to hear. I'm ashamed to admit it but there were 2 empty seats because I didn't want to sit through what I was sure would happen, so we whatched grandkids
Didn't see much of game but did Facebook with couple of friends one in Florida, one 60 miles away. there was someone who now lives in cedar rapids who jumped in, not sure how he was connected, claimed to have played at Michigan and went off on refs, "pussy" players who shouldn't be playing football, participation ribbons, we don't know what we are talking about blah blah. This all started with the targeting call on Michigan, I made the mistake of saying its obvious it's not your kid getting concussions. I don't hold one guy out to condem Michigan fans but... I have heard and seen other posts where ppl complain about the targeting call because the game is too fast too unfair to aggressive players. if players don't want hit they should play some pussy sport... I am willing to bet every teams fan base has these types and not to hijack the thread but thoughts on targeting in football and general doucheness of those with gladiator type of mentality...

My best friend lived in Ypsilanti for almost 25 years. Dealt with the UM football team for just about all those years. He worked for the Outback...they threw a weekly meal for the team for a long time, and if my memory is good the store was right down the exact same street as the stadium by a few miles.

He has nothing but good things to say about the school, the people/teams he dealt with, and the fans. Said Lloyd Carr was an awesome guy overall.

His view of MSU fans though is almost completely opposite after working in the Lansing store. He described it as a "little brother inferiority complex" fan base on steroids. They seemed to have a permanent chip on their shoulders that bordered on pathological.
This could be supported by the three or four people at the game that sat by us that were decked out in green!

It's the trashy non grads that every huge state school fan base has that gives then a bad rap.

So true. There is no worse sports fan on the face of the earth than the 40-something-year-old Duke basketball fan. I swear to God they all come straight from the trailer park to the arena.

Reactions: Vroom_C14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT