ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan / IA PBP

No stoll was a different story. He got shot. What don’t you understand. Listen bud if you don’t like Iowa wrestling why are you on an Iowa page? If you true know wrestling I’m sure you would get it. If it was your son and he got shot would you put him out there against the number one kid in the country with in months? Again you are what you are. Stop the madness. You are a pos!!!

I am a wrestling fan! A fan of good wrestling. I don’t have a team, so I call it like I see it. Gable ducked Parris this year with an injury just like Stoll ducked Gable last year, Or Rasheed, or whomever. I hate it, and I also hate the naysayers when it’s their team.

You spoke the truth, they didn’t want to wrestle stoll against gable last year because he was the number 1 guy and he was still recovering from being shot....that is a duck! If he hadn’t wrestled all year, fine, but he had, he wrestled a few matches at midlands, then ducked gable a couple weeks later and the next week wrestled a slouch at Rutgers.

Reactions: MontyMufsnipher
I am a wrestling fan! A fan of good wrestling. I don’t have a team, so I call it like I see it. Gable ducked Parris this year with an injury just like Stoll ducked Gable last year, Or Rasheed, or whomever. I hate it, and I also hate the naysayers when it’s their team.

You spoke the truth, they didn’t want to wrestle stoll against gable last year because he was the number 1 guy and he was still recovering from being shot....that is a duck! If he hadn’t wrestled all year, fine, but he had, he wrestled a few matches at midlands, then ducked gable a couple weeks later and the next week wrestled a slouch at Rutgers.
Yeah ok. If it was your son. What would you do? If you were in the same position.

And on top of that was gable shot? Please stop. Didn’t hear that.

Reactions: Im4Iowa
((((((PINNED)))). When is the last time at top tier got pinned?

Spencer Lee and Zahid Valencia were both pinned last year. Both won NCAA titles last year, Senior Nationals this year, are both ranked #1 and favored to win NCAAs again this year (would be the 3rd time for both of them), and could end up making the Olympic team. I’d consider that pretty “top tier”.

I am in no way claiming Cass is at that level, and I don’t know if anyone on this page is. It’s a pretty consensus thought that he is below the level of Steveson and Parris right now, but top tier talent still does get pinned every now and then.

I’m not even sure Scryed said he was a top tier guy. He just said that along with Kerk there would be some good HWTs in the mix the next couple of years.

He missed a couple of duals, it's not like he just missed parris. He has also wrestled much better competition on the sr circuit so I doubt he was ducking.

He missed one weekend...Mich/MSU. Comes back and majors gas tank gary. It was barely noticed but if Cass would have missed because of his knee, this board would have been flooded...just like it would be if Cass misses next weekend etc.

If he’s healthy enough to wrestle some slouches at Midlands the first few rounds, he’s healthy enough to wrestle Gable.

Great logic there.

1u5zeo.gif

He missed one weekend...Mich/MSU. Comes back and majors gas tank gary. It was barely noticed but if Cass would have missed because of his knee, this board would have been flooded...just like it would be if Cass misses next weekend etc.

now you’re starting to see through your hawk shaded glasses.

Reactions: MontyMufsnipher
Some of these posters just makes me sick. I know I’m not the best poster on here or even close. I say off the wall stuff sometimes. But for people to come on here and attack the best posters is sick. Bottom line we don’t have to agree at all but I’ll cover the good guys any day. Some people just don’t get it or are just in denial about penn st not winning every year with the best recruits. To attack Cass over a loss. I’m sure he is feeling worse about it then we are. Need to get a grip on life. Bet you wouldn’t talk that shit to Cass in his face that you talk over the internet. Everything I said I would say to that same person. I’m that dude. Some of y’all post just to post and that’s a fact. At least penn st rivals deletes people that go hard against their schools post. Now we have their trash over here. And it’s not good. Trash posters. Please start deleting the trash from here. Attacking good posters.

Agreed. First time Ive ignored someone and it made this board much more tolerable to read. I wish the mods would get rid of these dip shits and we can all get back to talking about wrestling.
you people that announce you are putting somebody on ignore are the interwebs jokes. LOL LOL. "shame on you. i'm putting you on the ignore list" haha TOOLS, but of course you are not reading this you little sallies. Hugs to yall.

you people that announce you are putting somebody on ignore are the interwebs jokes. LOL LOL. "shame on you. i'm putting you on the ignore list" haha TOOLS, but of course you are not reading this you little sallies. Hugs to yall.
You are the tool!!! Hugs to you puss cake!!

Reactions: danoftw
Some of these posters just makes me sick. I know I’m not the best poster on here or even close. I say off the wall stuff sometimes. But for people to come on here and attack the best posters is sick. Bottom line we don’t have to agree at all but I’ll cover the good guys any day. Some people just don’t get it or are just in denial about penn st not winning every year with the best recruits. To attack Cass over a loss. I’m sure he is feeling worse about it then we are. Need to get a grip on life. Bet you wouldn’t talk that shit to Cass in his face that you talk over the internet. Everything I said I would say to that same person. I’m that dude. Some of y’all post just to post and that’s a fact. At least penn st rivals deletes people that go hard against their schools post. Now we have their trash over here. And it’s not good. Trash posters. Please start deleting the trash from here. Attacking good posters.
This is a big ole paragraph. I'm dumb and can't read through it. Can somebody please put it into two relevant lines?

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Weird meet, loved Marinelli and Kem. Young can beat anyone and is impressive to an extent, just would like to see more from him. Lugo is a tough SOB and I love his fight, needs to put some more focus into his offense as defensively he is a championship caliber wrestler, to a lesser extent I'll say the same about Warner. That Heavyweight match was bizarre as from an "attack and get you out of position to score" match, Cass was the better wrestler. Parris just countered his attacks in a way you don't normally see from heavyweights. Give him props but that pin will not happen again. Cass has the ability to beat Parris and Gable but it's not likely to happen if he doesn't fix his counter wrestling.

Are you kidding me? the hawk heavy got DESTROYED! Hawkeye heavy's have has sucked for many years.

Michigan wrestling has sucked for many years, but congrats on the match where you were favored.

As we says in Iowa City, it’s time to make Michigan our bitch again!

Reactions: ih8iast8
Most everyone here didn't think Cass stood a chance against Parris, guy is a solid heavy that can move like a light, and it was on display tonight, Cass was there without fear, but he'll need more strength to come close to him

Regarding any potential Cass injury, I rewound my DVR recording of the match and watched the sequence in slow motion. It did look like Cass hurt his left knee early on in the sequence. During the ankle pick you could see there was a lot of pressure being placed toward the outside of Cass' knee as he tried defending the takedown. He then suddenly bellied out and you could see him wincing. You could also see him limping off the mat after the fall. Hopefully it is nothing serious. Given the athleticism and strength of some of the current crop of heavyweights the potential for injury is always a concern.

Lee coasted in the 3rd.
Are you sure Lee coasted in the third or was he tired because he never has to go a full seven minutes?
I know it's good practice to take down but he does seem to struggle sometimes on the bottom. I guess I would think he can practice in the wrestling room on that but in matches he can score on take downs so much better than starting on the bottom and wearing down. JMO

Are you sure Lee coasted in the third or was he tired because he never has to go a full seven minutes?
I know it's good practice to take down but he does seem to struggle sometimes on the bottom. I guess I would think he can practice in the wrestling room on that but in matches he can score on take downs so much better than starting on the bottom and wearing down. JMO
I think he coasted because he was tired. It’s just my opinion, but it looked like he was avoiding being caught off guard and took the (relatively) safe win without risking a silly takedown. Nothing wrong with that. Sure, we expect bonus points from him, but a win is a win. Good match for the Hawks, overall.

Reactions: 24 so far

It might have been, "whomever".

I think he coasted because he was tired. It’s just my opinion, but it looked like he was avoiding being caught off guard and took the (relatively) safe win without risking a silly takedown. Nothing wrong with that. Sure, we expect bonus points from him, but a win is a win. Good match for the Hawks, overall.
Coasting because he was tired and avoiding being taken down.

Reactions: Lambertt
You are the tool!!! Hugs to you puss cake!!
I am going to assume that you are carrying on a conversation with that idiot chainsaw which is all he/she wants. Just stop and maybe it goes away. My phone for some reason doesn't ignore him so I saw some of his drivel last night but he/she is not even trying to be intelligent only to suck people like you in!

Most everyone here didn't think Cass stood a chance against Parris, guy is a solid heavy that can move like a light, and it was on display tonight, Cass was there without fear, but he'll need more strength to come close to him
Most everyone here thought Cass didn’t stand a chance against Parris? Really? Pretty much every single person here not only thought he stood a chance, they were predicting Cass to win.

Gable wasn’t 100% with his leg. You could see he tweaked something against Hilger. I’m sure he could have gone against Paris but they didn’t want to put him out there against a top tier opponent at less than 100%. I’d be shocked if TNT puts Cass out next week when they wrestle Minny for the same reason. Sucks because that was going to be one of the only good matches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT