ADVERTISEMENT

Mineo

His obsession for everything anti-Iowa has been going on for a year now? Long before Woods. Is he on PSU payroll?

Reactions: Dont_Just_Dream
And he's likely still pissed about being reminded, daily, how far off he was on his "inside info" regarding Kemdawg last winter.

We've seen clowns like him that make these wild predictions. When he's wrong, seldom do people remember. On the slim chance he hits one right... he can brag about his "sources".

Unfortunately for him, Hawk fans won't let him forget how badly he missed the Kemdawg story.

The OP should be in church Sunday asking for forgiveness for not doing their research before starting the worst named thread in HR history.

Reactions: pumpdog20
He would go away if people just collectively ignored him. He desperately craves attention and we are giving it to him.
Isn't he some Facebook or Twitter clown? I've never been on either one, wouldn't know he existed if it weren't for HR (it's a "he" right?).

Reactions: el dub
Isn't he some Facebook or Twitter clown? I've never been on either one, wouldn't know he existed if it weren't for HR (it's a "he" right?).
Do trolls have pronouns? I believe both twitter and Facebook, but I have neither and only see twitter stuff that gets posted here.

Reactions: 24 so far
Dude has 16K followers on Twitter, like it or not. He’s not a guy if just a few people ignore will go away. 16K in the wrestling community is a substantial following. Not that I agree with his style or approach, because I don’t. But for those who act like he’s some anonymous troll whose just looking for 5 mins of fame are mistaken. He won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. And he without question is butt hurt with Woods picking Iowa over Penn State because it put a dent in his credibility.

I think I should patty cake his ass on the bridge.

Beat me to it.

Edit: I didn’t even look at the poster. Look what you started with the bridge. Good stuff. I didn’t see many posts from you during the Covid spikes and I know you’re homeless and pretty much live in the library downtown. Figured it was shutdown. Good to know it’s open and you have a place to go again.

Last edited:
Regardless of what you think bluroptimo some people are going to have different opinions than that of HR and just saying Mineo's name is not going to make him magically appear out of thin air. Just like Jim Rome or Cowherd, sports media generates buzz from false accusations like what Mineo seems to be doing. I am just wondering if anyone has an idea of where his hate stems from? Did he have a confrontation with an Iowa coach, is he just a huge PSU fan, or is this just some schtick he is doing to make a living? I tend to think it is the 3rd option. Someone out there has to know the guy personally. I don't think Willie is a huge Iowa fan, but at least he is not making it his life's pledge to cast shade on Iowa ALL the time.

Reactions: Trapper85
You want to stand in the grocery store line and read The National Enquirer so you’re up to date on alien probes? enjoy. That’s your choice but don’t think it’s anything more than junk food for your entertainment hungry brain. Mineo is worse, he hides behind soft journalism first amendment rights and takes cheap shots. What comes around goes around, maybe the aliens will probe him next. Ha.

Last edited:
He’s not even a Penn state fan lol he’s a Rutgers fan and his brother wrestled for Maryland …you guys are the ones that blow him up and make threads about him and Hawkeyes fans are always all over him on twitter so in turn he used that to gain more followers and I think he just enjoys trolling some of y’all at this point

For what? Publicly calling him out for being shady? It isn't like Larry hasn't been spending his Coe College administrative time recruiting the parents of other wrestling programs' athletes.

Is it a tampering violation for parents of an athlete to reach out to other athletes? That'd be news to me. Pretty sure if that counts as tampering then every program in the country has "tampered" at some point. Larry Lee isn't on staff. Him calling a wrestler at another school and encouraging them to come to Iowa would be no different than me messaging RBY and telling him he should transfer and could theoretically make a lot of NIL money if he does via t-shirt sales, etc.

After all those years of accusations against Cael for shady practices it turns out to be Larry Lee.

Who would’ve thought lol.

Cael is the head wrestling coach of a program. Larry has no association with the program other than being an athlete's parent. The dude can and should recruit all that he wants. People have lost their ****ing minds on this topic in the past week.

Is it a tampering violation for parents of an athlete to reach out to other athletes? That'd be news to me. Pretty sure if that counts as tampering then every program in the country has "tampered" at some point. Larry Lee isn't on staff. Him calling a wrestler at another school and encouraging them to come to Iowa would be no different than me messaging RBY and telling him he should transfer and could theoretically make a lot of NIL money if he does via t-shirt sales, etc.
It's like pat reads this board

There are rules about people attached to universities (Boosters) having those sorts of discussions. NCAA Booster Rules

Not sure if Larry Lee will qualify or not, but im guessing he by rule would, given that he has likely donated money and gotten season tickets.

However, a Boosters may 'Continue existing friendships', so this is very unlikely to be any sort of violation, let alone a major/material violation. Plus, of all the stuff that goes on in other sports, its kinda ridiculous that this is even a thing. Unless there is a recording of a phone call, I can't imagine anything comes of this.

If i was Mr Lee, i would be a little curious about how this all got out too, especially if i actually consider the other parties on the alleged phone calls 'friends'

Role of Boosters​

Boosters play a role in providing student-athletes with a positive experience through their enthusiastic efforts. They can support teams and athletics departments through donations of time and financial resources which help student-athletes succeed on and off the playing field.
Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:
  • Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.
Once an individual is identified as a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests,” the person retains that identity forever.
Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.
Students are still considered prospects even if they have signed a National Letter of Intent or any other financial aid agreement with a university.
Boosters are not precluded from continuing established friendships with families who have prospective student-athletes. However, boosters may not encourage a prospect’s participation in university athletics or provide benefits to prospects that were not previously provided.
If a violation occurs, it may jeopardize a student-athlete’s eligibility for intercollegiate competition, jeopardize a school’s membership status with the NCAA or cause a booster to lose access to all booster benefits.

Frequently Asked Questions​

What are examples of impermissible recruiting activities?​

As a booster, you may not:
  • Contact a prospect in-person on-campus or off campus.
  • Contact a prospect by telephone, email, Internet or letter.
  • Provide gifts or free or reduced-cost services to a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.
  • Employ relatives, guardians or friends of a prospect as an inducement for the prospect’s enrollment and athletics participation at a university.
  • Become directly or indirectly involved in making arrangements for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian to receive money or financial aid of any kind.
  • Provide transportation for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.
  • Provide free or reduced-cost tickets for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian to attend an athletic event.
  • Provide any material benefit (e.g., meals, cash) to the coach of a prospect, including high school, two-year college, AAU and summer team coaches.

What are examples of permissible activities?​

Even though there are many rules prohibiting your involvement with prospects and the recruiting process, as a booster, you may:
  • Notify university coaching staff members about noteworthy prospects in the area.
  • Attend high school or two-year college athletic contests or other events where prospects may compete, provided no contact occurs.
  • Continue existing friendships.

What are examples of impermissible extra benefits for enrolled student-athletes?​

As a booster, you may not provide a student-athlete or a student-athlete’s friends, relatives or guardians:
  • Tickets to college or professional sporting events.
  • A special discount, payment arrangement or credit on a purchase or service.
  • Cash or loan or signing or co-signing of a loan.
  • Transportation, payment of expense or loan of any automobile.
  • Benefits or gifts based upon the student-athlete’s athletic performance.
  • Free or reduced rent or housing.
An honorarium to a student-athlete for a speaking engagement.

What are examples of permissible benefits for enrolled student-athletes?​

With the various NCAA rules and regulations regarding benefits to student-athletes, it may seem difficult to be a part of a university’s athletic programs. However, you can show your support as a booster in other ways. Boosters may:
  • Make contributions to university programs and other gift-in-kind arrangements.
  • Attend university athletic events and show student athletes you support their hard work and dedication to the university.

What is institutional control?​

Institutional control of athletics is a fundamental requirement of NCAA legislation. Specifically, the NCAA constitution states that the university must:
  • Control its intercollegiate athletic programs in compliance with the rules and regulations of the NCAA.
  • Monitor its program to insure compliance.
  • Identify and report to the NCAA instances in which compliance has not been achieved and take corrective actions.
  • Insure those members of university staff, student-athletes and other individuals or groups representing the university’s athletic interests comply with NCAA rules and regulations. As a member of the NCAA, the university is responsible for the actions of its alumni, supporters and fans.

Are there any rules for the employment of enrolled student-athletes by boosters?​

Student-athletes may only be compensated for work actually performed and at a rate commensurate with the going rate. Compensation may not include remuneration for the value that the student-athlete may have for the employer due to the student-athlete’s athletics status. Transportation may not be provided to student athletes unless it is a benefit provided to all employees.

Last edited:
Cael is the head wrestling coach of a program. Larry has no association with the program other than being an athlete's parent. The dude can and should recruit all that he wants. People have lost their ****ing minds on this topic in the past week.
embarrassing-actually.gif

There are rules about people attached to universities (Boosters) having those sorts of discussions. NCAA Booster Rules

Not sure if Larry Lee will qualify or not, but im guessing he by rule would, given that he has likely donated money and gotten season tickets.

However, a Boosters may 'Continue existing friendships', so this is very unlikely to be any sort of violation, let alone a major/material violation. Plus, of all the stuff that goes on in other sports, its kinda ridiculous that this is even a thing. Unless there is a recording of a phone call, I can't imagine anything comes of this.

If i was Mr Lee, i would be a little curious about how this all got out too, especially if i actually consider the other parties on the alleged phone calls 'friends'

Role of Boosters​

Boosters play a role in providing student-athletes with a positive experience through their enthusiastic efforts. They can support teams and athletics departments through donations of time and financial resources which help student-athletes succeed on and off the playing field.
Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:
  • Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.
Once an individual is identified as a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests,” the person retains that identity forever.
Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.
Students are still considered prospects even if they have signed a National Letter of Intent or any other financial aid agreement with a university.
Boosters are not precluded from continuing established friendships with families who have prospective student-athletes. However, boosters may not encourage a prospect’s participation in university athletics or provide benefits to prospects that were not previously provided.
If a violation occurs, it may jeopardize a student-athlete’s eligibility for intercollegiate competition, jeopardize a school’s membership status with the NCAA or cause a booster to lose access to all booster benefits.

Frequently Asked Questions​

What are examples of impermissible recruiting activities?​

• Provide gifts or free or reduced-cost services to a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.
  • Employ relatives, guardians or friends of a prospect as an inducement for the prospect’s enrollment and athletics participation at a university.
  • Become directly or indirectly involved in making arrangements for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian to receive money or financial aid of any kind.
  • Provide transportation for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.
  • Provide free or reduced-cost tickets for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian to attend an athletic event.
  • Provide any material benefit (e.g., meals, cash) to the coach of a prospect, including high school, two-year college, AAU and summer team coaches.

Even though there are many rules prohibiting your involvement with prospects and the recruiting process, as a booster, you may:
  • Notify university coaching staff members about noteworthy prospects in the area.
  • Attend high school or two-year college athletic contests or other events where prospects may compete, provided no contact occurs.

What are examples of impermissible extra benefits for enrolled student-athletes?​

As a booster, you may not provide a student-athlete or a student-athlete’s friends, relatives or guardians:
  • Tickets to college or professional sporting events.
  • A special discount, payment arrangement or credit on a purchase or service.
  • Cash or loan or signing or co-signing of a loan.
  • Transportation, payment of expense or loan of any automobile.
  • Benefits or gifts based upon the student-athlete’s athletic performance.
  • Free or reduced rent or housing.
An honorarium to a student-athlete for a speaking engagement.

What are examples of permissible benefits for enrolled student-athletes?​

With the various NCAA rules and regulations regarding benefits to student-athletes, it may seem difficult to be a part of a university’s athletic programs. However, you can show your support as a booster in other ways. Boosters may:
  • Make contributions to university programs and other gift-in-kind arrangements.
  • Attend university athletic events and show student athletes you support their hard work and dedication to the university.

What is institutional control?​

Institutional control of athletics is a fundamental requirement of NCAA legislation. Specifically, the NCAA constitution states that the university must:
  • Control its intercollegiate athletic programs in compliance with the rules and regulations of the NCAA.
  • Monitor its program to insure compliance.
  • Identify and report to the NCAA instances in which compliance has not been achieved and take corrective actions.
  • Insure those members of university staff, student-athletes and other individuals or groups representing the university’s athletic interests comply with NCAA rules and regulations. As a member of the NCAA, the university is responsible for the actions of its alumni, supporters and fans.

Are there any rules for the employment of enrolled student-athletes by boosters?​

Student-athletes may only be compensated for work actually performed and at a rate commensurate with the going rate. Compensation may not include remuneration for the value that the student-athlete may have for the employer due to the student-athlete’s athletics status. Transportation may not be provided to student athletes unless it is a benefit provided to all employees.
This is the result of a couple of podcast/social media dorks who are so overly hate-obsessed with Iowa wrestling that coming to this forum is the first thing they do when they wake up in the morning.

• Provide any material benefit (e.g., meals, cash) to the coach of a prospect, including high school, two-year college, AAU and summer team coaches
By what the weasel is claiming none of these happened.

Isn't it nice the NCAA allows continuing an existing friendship...

How can the NCAA dictate who someone outside the staff talks to? Last I checked it's a free country. I can contact anyone I want and there isn't a damn thing the NCAA could do about it.
Yeah Mineo is completely full of shit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT