ADVERTISEMENT

Minneapolis hotel rec

cheeselog8

HR All-State
Feb 7, 2013
We are spending two nights in Minneapolis next month and trying to nail down a good location to stay. Looking for a walkable area with bars/restaurants.

We are going to a Twins day game but don't mind driving in to that if needed. Downtown seems like an obvious choice but seeing some mixed reviews so I'm looking for some advice from the great giaoters.

Babe Christina Marie GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
We are spending two nights in Minneapolis next month and trying to nail down a good location to stay. Looking for a walkable area with bars/restaurants.

We are going to a Twins day game but don't mind driving in to that if needed. Downtown seems like an obvious choice but seeing some mixed reviews so I'm looking for some advice from the great giaoters.

Babe Christina Marie GIF
Don't! lol

Babe Christina Marie GIF
Pick your poison!

Downtown Marriot. Central location, connected by skywalks to literally everything and from what I remember (been a couple years) very nice hotel.
I’ve stayed at the Marriott a few times for twins games. Nice hotel and close to the field. Plenty of restaurants/bars along the way as well.

Reactions: cheeselog8

Babe Christina Marie GIF
If you're lucky, maybe a sex worker protest will bust out in front of your hotel instead of a good old fashioned Murderapolis riot! lol

Babe Christina Marie GIF
I've stayed at The Graduate in Minneapolis at least a dozen times. It's on the UM campus but oddly there isn't much dining there beyond fast food. On the plus side it's easy to get to, parking in an adjacent ramp is easy and secure (The UM police are housed in the building), you can go for long walks in a beautiful campus with sections on each side of the Mississippi, and you can ride the train from a stop directly in front of the hotel to downtown.

Hewing would be Doodle's primary suggestion. But since others have already noted it, another good option is the Lofton. Part of the Hilton family, directly across 1st Avenue from Target Center and an easy walk a few blocks to Target Field. Bars and restaurants nearby, but also only a block or so to the light rail if you prefer that to driving for going elsewhere in town (including MOA).

I've stayed at the Hampton on 1st Ave, Lofton, and Marriot City Center, any of them will work just fine for walking proximity to Target Field and all the bars/restaurants downtown.

I would not take the train to MOA. Did that two summers ago on a Friday afternoon for a day game and it was sketch in broad daylight.

I'm not saying downtown Minneapolis is bad, it has just changed so much over the last 15 years or so. We used to party and have a great time downtown. It's still fun but now I tend to be more aware of my surroundings. It's changed a bit.

I've stayed at the Hampton on 1st Ave, Lofton, and Marriot City Center, any of them will work just fine for walking proximity to Target Field and all the bars/restaurants downtown.

I would not take the train to MOA. Did that two summers ago on a Friday afternoon for a day game and it was sketch in broad daylight.

I'm not saying downtown Minneapolis is bad, it has just changed so much over the last 15 years or so. We used to party and have a great time downtown. It's still fun but now I tend to be more aware of my surroundings. It's changed a bit.
Careful....that kind of rational, clear minded thinking may get you labeled as some sort of racist and claims of being skerred of the big bad cities.

Only morons think Minneapolis hasn't declined over the past 10-15 years.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT