ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Meet Thread

As a strategy for the Yellow Rodents, I was thinking of the way I catch and kill voles at the house. 5 gallon bucket filled 1/3 with water. Put a ring of P butter on the inside about 4 inches from the top. Use a thin wood ramp from the ground to the top so the voles have a way up. Get's em every time.
Have done something similar for mice, except the version I’ve done has a small diameter rod through near the top of the bucket. Drill a couple holes through the pop bottle, put it on the rod with PB smeared around it, and boom, it’s ready to roll. They go up the ramp, on the bucket rim to the pop bottle, and splash👍🏻 Much more efficient and economical compared to glue or snap traps. But now I’m wondering if I even need the bottle and rod, might give your method a shot.

Have done something similar for mice, except the version I’ve done has a small diameter rod through near the top of the bucket. Drill a couple holes through the pop bottle, put it on the rod with PB smeared around it, and boom, it’s ready to roll. They go up the ramp, on the bucket rim to the pop bottle, and splash👍🏻 Much more efficient and economical compared to glue or snap traps. But now I’m wondering if I even need the bottle and rod, might give your method a shot.
Give it a try, works great

Reactions: Hawk#7

Interesting that the Gophers had their Senior Day last week vs Illinois and not vs Iowa
Possibly getting shutout at home on Senior night probably isn't something they want to remember.
BTW...just visited the Gophers site...they're being remarkably objective and realize there's a pretty good chance this will be a bloodbath.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chalkdaddy94
I did similar with 1/2" pvc cut to fit just inside the 5 gallon bucket. I used 3" screws to go through the bucket and hold the pvc up. Put peanut butter all around the middle of the pvc. I'm gonna try Bob's method out now. I did figure out this year RV antifreeze will slush up in the winter. I thought I would save some money instead of using regular antifreeze. It said it was rated for -40 or so but I guess slush won't bust pipes.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawk#7 and Gobblin
I did similar with 1/2" pvc cut to fit just inside the 5 gallon bucket. I used 3" screws to go through the bucket and hold the pvc up. Put peanut butter all around the middle of the pvc. I'm gonna try Bob's method out now. I did figure out this year RV antifreeze will slush up in the winter. I thought I would save some money instead of using regular antifreeze. It said it was rated for -40 or so but I guess slush won't bust pipes.
Y'all might want to just spend a few bucks to plug all the holes in your house instead of using a bucket of peanut butter to draw them in. Either that, or get a cat....or a couple pet weasels. 😉

Y'all might want to just spend a few bucks to plug all the holes in your house instead of using a bucket of peanut butter to draw them in. Either that, or get a cat....or a couple pet weasels. 😉
Not sure about the others but mine is for an old machine shed. The house is good.

Reactions: Trapper85
Mitch, you practically live on the G board. It's ok to be a closeted Minny fan, you don't have to pretend.
Normally, I love reading the excuses after the Iowa match.

For years... the common denominator was "our guy wins the next time they meet". Now, Gopher fans just seem to accept things won't get any better.
The general mood seems to be that Eggum's job is safe as long as no big scandals surface.
Gophers are quickly becoming the Nebraska of college wrestling...remember when we were good?
Just wondering...you a Gopher fan tonite or a Husker fan?

Last edited:
IF Eggum were fired, who should the Gophs go after?

1. Damion Hahn. It's the only job I can see him leaving SDSU for.
2. Marty Morgan. They lost all of their ability to develop when he left.
3. Jon Reader. Bonus that this would lead to Bono's eventual firing
4. Schwab. Not sure if he would but man would that be fun
5. Cam Simaz. He's a damn good coach

There are many things that Eggum can be criticized for, but I still maintain that the ability to develop is not one of them. Brett Pfarr, Michial Foy, Jake Bergeland, Bailee O’Reilly, Cael Carlson, Garrett Joles, etc were guys that came in outside the top 200 in their classes that have turned into quality wrestlers. The great recruits that they have gotten (G Steveson, B Lee, P McKee) have produced multiple AA’s and titles.

Development is not the issue in the gophers room right now. Recruiting is.

Reactions: Grip220 and vhsalum

As an alum, I would love to see Hahn stay at SDSU for a long, long time. I will throw a couple other names out there
Roger Kish - He is a former Gopher and has NDSU rolling in the right direction.
Matt Storniolo - not sure he would leave NW but is a great coach
Josh Churella - Bormet is not going anywhere soon. Maybe Josh wants a chance to lead a program??

Reactions: vhsalum

doesn't M* deserve a look, especially if recruiting is the problem

Not certain if Rhodes has used up his matches or not…. Also I think we’ll see Riggs at ‘74 and Glazier or Franklin at ‘97. Could be another nail biter.
scared the office GIF

Minny is solid up and down the lineup, I can say this, their strength/conditioning program is elite and they seem to have a great supply of hard nose athletic talent. I also have more respect for their coaching staff then many other BiG schools.
Their guys seem to be much improved since start of season - I’m sure the hawks are taking them serious

Gobblin got it already. It was BE.
I remember the match well. I was wondering who this skinny "Carl Sanderson" was when I was at the tournament. Then I said, "Oh, This is a CAEL Sanderson. Wait until he faces that beast Eggum. He ain't strong enough for him."

Wow, was I wrong. He just put Eggum in the most awkward positions . . . all with a smile on his face.

I would love for Cunningham to leave psu and see what Carl can do without him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT