ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Senate votes 34-33 to legalize recreational cannabis

Smart move. Tens of millions in recurring revenue will be vacuumed into the Minnesota treasury from the pockets of residents of IA, WI, SD, ND not to mention other out of state vacationers and visitors.

I didn't know Missouri had legalized. There was more weed at the draft than Redrocks Concert. I didn't partake, but I'm pretty sure I hot high off the 2nd hand smoke. It was crazy

It's far more wild West in Missouri. No licensed dispensaries. Coming to a strip mall near you.

Smart move. Tens of millions in recurring revenue will be vacuumed into the Minnesota treasury from the pockets of residents of IA, WI, SD, ND not to mention other out of state vacationers and visitors.
I think SD is legal?

I think SD is legal?
Medical only.

A statewide ballot initiative passed in 2020 but Gov. Noem’s proxies challenged the measure after passage and the conservative SD Supreme Court invalidated the measure on a technicality.

Medical only.

A statewide ballot initiative passed in 2020 but Gov. Noem’s proxies challenged the measure after passage and the conservative SD Supreme Court invalidated the measure on a technicality.
I believe the technicality is that she is running for Vice President.

Yes, that’s part of this but Noem has plenty of Republican compatriots in the SD legislature - moral and conservative social crusaders - that.have ruled with large majorities, mostly super majorities, for more than half a century.

The technicality was actually the inclusion of both hemp and marijuana legalization in one ballot measure.

Yes, that’s part of this but Noem has plenty of Republican compatriots in the SD legislature - moral and conservative social crusaders - that.have ruled with large majorities, mostly super majorities, for more than half a century.

The technicality was actually the inclusion of both hemp and marijuana legalization in one ballot measure.
It's just a matter of time. It will be on the next ballot, all cleaned up with no technical issues, and it will pass. For the most part, everyone I know in the state thinks Noem has done a good job but that she overstepped on this issue. The people want it, let it pass.

We're surrounded by cool states and Nebraska!
Anyone know if there's plans for a dispensary in Harmony, MN?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT