ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi DOT sign-"BE LIKE THE BIG 10"..

The sign is correct in its intent, although it should say, "Be like 91 percent of college football conferences," not just the Big Ten. Heck, the Big Ten wasn't even the first to cancel fall football, but I, for one, appreciate the compliment anyway.

The sign is correct in its intent, although it should say, "Be like 91 percent of college football conferences," not just the Big Ten. Heck, the Big Ten wasn't even the first to cancel fall football, but I, for one, appreciate the compliment anyway.
Care to explain the ACC playing? Some pretty good academic schools there - VA, Duke, GTech, NC, Wake, BC, Miami, etc. Probably the highest # of top 50 and 100 ranked schools of the Power 5 - yes even the Big 10.

Care to explain the ACC playing? Some pretty good academic schools there - VA, Duke, GTech, NC, Wake, BC, Miami, etc. Probably the highest # of top 50 and 100 ranked schools of the Power 5 - yes even the Big 10.
What does any of that have to do with his post?

There are some pretty good players in the SEC that have opted out of the season. LSU only had like 5 returning starters and I think 4 of them have opted out.

No idea what your point is, but sorry...any conference that has Clemson and Louisville in its membership is automatically eliminated from any "best academic...." discussion.

No idea what your point is, but sorry...any conference that has Clemson and Louisville in its membership is automatically eliminated from any "best academic...." discussion.
Really?
Big 10 has nebby and Rutgers.MSU business once lost accreditation.
Again - i’d bet the acc has more top 50 and top 100 than any other power 5 and that’s not counting ND.
Of course that’s before they all die from playing football in sept.

Really?
Big 10 has nebby and Rutgers.MSU business once lost accreditation.
Again - i’d bet the acc has more top 50 and top 100 than any other power 5 and that’s not counting ND.
Of course that’s before they all die from playing football in sept.

You have no clue what you are talking about. None. Just stop.

The big ten rivals the ivy league when it comes.to research both in terms of quality and volume.

You have no clue what you are talking about. None. Just stop.

The big ten rivals the ivy league when it comes.to research both in terms of quality and volume.
Decided to look it up.
Guess what - i was right.
ACC has more top 50 and top 100 schools according to US news ranking.
Publish all the meaningless crap you want on bird migration.

Decided to look it up.
Guess what - i was right.
ACC has more top 50 and top 100 schools according to US news ranking.
Publish all the meaningless crap you want on bird migration.

You want to jerk off to a arbitrary ranking system developed by a newspaper you go ahead. The Big Ten is the best academic conference in the country outside the ivy league. It isn't close

Be dismissive of research all you like but the truth is different than what you think. Research is huge to the tune of around 9.8 billion.

Not sure the big ten studies bird migration and at what level so I googled it. You should have as well before making such a stupid offhand comment. Didn't find the big ten involvement but the US Fish and Wildlife department conducted an economic impact study and found that bird migration contributes 80 billion annually to the US economy just from bird watchers. I'm sure if I cared enough to look we could find the environmental importance of birds and how their migration patterns impact things ecologically with the impact on the economy.

Your dismissive comment about research only reveals how shallow and stupid you are.

Research by the way has on the ground outcomes unlike some newspaper editor shifting around the formula to rank colleges all so they can sell newspapers to rubes like you

You want to jerk off to a arbitrary ranking system developed by a newspaper you go ahead. The Big Ten is the best academic conference in the country outside the ivy league. It isn't close

Be dismissive of research all you like but the truth is different than what you think. Research is huge to the tune of around 9.8 billion.

Not sure the big ten studies bird migration and at what level so I googled it. You should have as well before making such a stupid offhand comment. Didn't find the big ten involvement but the US Fish and Wildlife department conducted an economic impact study and found that bird migration contributes 80 billion annually to the US economy just from bird watchers. I'm sure if I cared enough to look we could find the environmental importance of birds and how their migration patterns impact things ecologically with the impact on the economy.

Your dismissive comment about research only reveals how shallow and stupid you are.

Research by the way has on the ground outcomes unlike some newspaper editor shifting around the formula to rank colleges all so they can sell newspapers to rubes like you
Us news is a magazine who has ranked colleges for decades.
You actually looked up bird migration research. That is fricking hilarious. What a tool. I’m a UI grad but actually after looking at the top 50 and top 100 rankings had to admit the ACC had higher ranked schools.

Fyi - SEC only had 4.

Us news is a magazine who has ranked colleges for decades.
You actually looked up bird migration research. That is fricking hilarious. What a tool. I’m a UI grad but actually after looking at the top 50 and top 100 rankings had to admit the ACC had higher ranked schools.

Fyi - SEC only had 4.

No. I know how the ranking system work. Took ten seconds to look up bird migration. You made a stupid comment...you are the tool.

Like I said earlier you have zero clue what you are talking about. You should stop now before you make yourself look more stupid.

Rankings by a newspaper are fairly meaningless.

No. I know how the ranking system work. Took ten seconds to look up bird migration. You made a stupid comment...you are the tool.

Like I said earlier you have zero clue what you are talking about. You should stop now before you make yourself look more stupid.

Rankings by a newspaper are fairly meaningless.
Research has a lot to do with size. OSU, UM, PSU are huge.
Bird migration.
What a maroon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT