ADVERTISEMENT

*** MLS 2019 Season Thread ***

What a game this turned out to be. Galaxy get it tied after being down 2-0. LAFC scores two more in ridiculously quick fashion. Galaxy get one back to get to 4-3 and LAFC shut the door to go up 5-3.

Zlatan just scored but its waved off. Bob Bradley's odd colored shirt is sweat through. My Sounders need to take it to LAFC.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Also, I hope that wasn't Zlatan's last game.

While many were watching the NFL game which ended with 1 TD (GREAT fantasy call to sit Goff and put in Cousins). There were 10 combined goals in the two games that spanned about the same amount of actual game time as the football game.

What a game this turned out to be. Galaxy get it tied after being down 2-0. LAFC scores two more in ridiculously quick fashion. Galaxy get one back to get to 4-3 and LAFC shut the door to go up 5-3.

Zlatan just scored but its waved off. Bob Bradley's odd colored shirt is sweat through. My Sounders need to take it to LAFC.

Zlatan grabbing his junk leaving the pitch and Bob Bradley telling Sebastian Salazar to get lost. This match had everything except good defense

That was a great game. Pretty fun.

Damn it. I fell asleep in between halves last night. Friggin' early work.

What an owner to have in your corner...

Last edited:
Reactions: cfbfan23
The United game was a blast. They played one of their best matches of the season. The crowd was electric. A pretty attractive final four left in MLS, if you ask me.

The United game was a blast. They played one of their best matches of the season. The crowd was electric. A pretty attractive final four left in MLS, if you ask me.

Great Martinez goal to seal it, but I actually hate them all. Some of the douchiest fan bases in MLS, IMHO. I only root for the original fanbases in the playoffs.And definitely the newest shiny objects in the league. I guess I'll go for another Toronto-Seattle final, with Seattle winning. Yuck.

Great Martinez goal to seal it, but I actually hate them all. Some of the douchiest fan bases in MLS, IMHO. I only root for the original fanbases in the playoffs.And definitely the newest shiny objects in the league. I guess I'll go for another Toronto-Seattle final, with Seattle winning. Yuck.

I guess that's one way to go about rooting for teams. Atlanta really can't do anything about when it was tagged for a franchise. I'm kind of the same way as you, when it comes to hockey.......if it's not an Original 6 team (the Maple Leafs, preferably), I don't really care.

You're right, it still is a bit of a shiny new toy here. It will be interesting to see how passionate the fans are in a down season, because it will happen sooner or later. In the meantime, the Organization seems to be well-run, the games are all sellouts and the crowd atmosphere is fun. Better than MLB or NFL. I like the fact that it's great entertainment and it's over in 2 hours.

I guess that's one way to go about rooting for teams. Atlanta really can't do anything about when it was tagged for a franchise. I'm kind of the same way as you, when it comes to hockey.......if it's not an Original 6 team (the Maple Leafs, preferably), I don't really care.

You're right, it still is a bit of a shiny new toy here. It will be interesting to see how passionate the fans are in a down season, because it will happen sooner or later. In the meantime, the Organization seems to be well-run, the games are all sellouts and the crowd atmosphere is fun. Better than MLB or NFL. I like the fact that it's great entertainment and it's over in 2 hours.

I fully realize that it's ALMOST hypocritical of me, being a Chicago Fire fan. They were the hot new property in 1998 and were the envy of the league for much of 1998-2006 (six domestic titles in those years, two more championship finals in '09 and '11). Most of those players and coaches are the guys running these successful teams. Wait until a new owner comes in and ruins your franchise for a decade.You will get bitter about how this league works too. Hopefully our new owner means those days are over now and we can get back to this...
Section8Chicago.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BeepBeepInMyJeep
I fully realize that it's ALMOST hypocritical of me, being a Chicago Fire fan. They were the hot new property in 1998 and were the envy of the league for much of 1998-2006 (six domestic titles in those years, two more championship finals in '09 and '11). Most of those players and coaches are the guys running these successful teams. Wait until a new owner comes in and ruins your franchise for a decade.You will get bitter about how this league works too. Hopefully our new owner means those days are over now and we can get back to this...
Section8Chicago.jpg

So very true, the club needs a major spark at this point, but I do believe it will take off again once there's some success on the field. I know I keep saying this on all your MLS threads, and I can understand the desire to move back downtown, but Bridgeview was never the problem.

So very true, the club needs a major spark at this point, but I do believe it will take off again once there's some success on the field. I know I keep saying this on all your MLS threads, and I can understand the desire to move back downtown, but Bridgeview was never the problem.

I wish had more than one "like" to give this post. If you think you can emulate the success at the gates of the Sounders, Atlanta, Portland, Toronto, or even yourselves from 1998-2000 then great. But look at 2006-2009, when we were regularly in finals and conference finals, or even Red Stars games THIS season, including their winning semifinal last weekend, and tell me its a Bridgeview problem. This is what a WOMEN'S soccer team can do in the Chicago market when successful...

NWSLMM07212019150.jpg

Reactions: BeepBeepInMyJeep
Defense *clap* *clap*
Defense *clap* *clap*
Defense *clap* *clap*
Defense *clap* *clap*

The Sounders had looked the better team early on in this game. Great free kick by LAFC and I rolled my eyes.

Ruidiaz scores a great goal!
Nico scores a great goal!

My dream is 1/4 of the way there... Seattle vs Atlanta. My teams...

COME ON SOUNDERS!

See! 2-1 Sounders 27 minutes in

This is a fun game tonight. I see more scoring

In all reality, they just said what I was really thinking. No way that Seattle can just sit back. That has loss written all over it. Need to keep attacking LAFC's back line.

Edit- and former backup keeper for Seattle, Tyler Miller.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
3-1 SOUNDERS!!

Wow...I did pick it though. LAFC is just bad on defense.

Great contrast in styles: LAFC is a pick you apart with passing and possession. Seattle sits back and waits for the fast counter-strike. And striking they are doing.

PS- LAFC fand are trash for throwing beers...again.

Defense *clap* *clap*
Defense *clap* *clap*
Defense *clap* *clap*
Defense *clap* *clap*

The Sounders had looked the better team early on in this game. Great free kick by LAFC and I rolled my eyes.

Ruidiaz scores a great goal!
Nico scores a great goal!

My dream is 1/4 of the way there... Seattle vs Atlanta. My teams...

COME ON SOUNDERS!

Ew. Both terrible teams (no offense). Prefer Seattle and Toronto with Seattle winning, but your dream final has happened before. Remember watching this one live (Brian Schmetzer is a helluva coach}...

Great contrast in styles: LAFC is a pick you apart with passing and possession. Seattle sits back and waits for the fast counter-strike. And striking they are doing.

PS- LAFC fand are trash for throwing beers...again.

Ew. Both terrible teams (no offense). Prefer Seattle and Toronto with Seattle winning, but your dream final has happened before. Remember watching this one live (Brian Schmetzer is a helluva coach}...

Why do you hate these two again? I kinda remember why you dont like Seattle but I don't remember discussing Atlanta.

Both clubs have tremendous fan bases, put money into their clubs, have great ownership, major DP signings that live up to the billing, score goals, have American internationals.

Why do you hate these two again? I kinda remember why you dont like Seattle but I don't remember discussing Atlanta.

Both clubs have tremendous fan bases, put money into their clubs, have great ownership, major DP signings that live up to the billing, score goals, have American internationals.

Oh, Seattle isn’t that bad. It’s just they are the original evil empire, and their fans were insufferably in love with themselves and overly self-important. But Atlanta has taken it to a nauseating new level. They’re just plain insufferable and come across as incredibly ignorant about almost everything.

Oh, Seattle isn’t that bad. It’s just they are the original evil empire, and their fans were insufferably in love with themselves and overly self-important. But Atlanta has taken it to a nauseating new level. They’re just plain insufferable and come across as incredibly ignorant about almost everything.

Lol, that's why I love Atlanta. Maybe that will wear off on me over time but so far they have backed everything up. This team had no identity to start the year and STILL ended up in 2nd in the East, won the Campiones Cup, won the domestic cup.

Long story short, it always helps to have a couple of Cowboys and Yankees to pique interest of new fans to a growing sport.

Toronto... gross...

They had no business winning that game but they did. Can't wait to watch Michael Bradley pass backwards on 80% of his passes.

Finish the PK and this isn't a discussion.

Toronto... gross...

They had no business winning that game but they did. Can't wait to watch Michael Bradley pass backwards on 80% of his passes.

Finish the PK and this isn't a discussion.

Bad PK taken by the them + two fantastic finishes for you = a W most days.

Last edited:
I went to the game last night. One of Martinez's worst games. He was just totally off. That missed pk was huuuge. At that point I knew we were going to lose. Oh well.

I'm rooting for Toronto in the final.

I went to the game last night. One of Martinez's worst games. He was just totally off. That missed pk was huuuge. At that point I knew we were going to lose. Oh well.

I'm rooting for Toronto in the final.

One of my best friends from Iowa, who just moved back to Des Moines, had been a Sounders season ticket holder since their first season. I'll go for the Sounders.

Reactions: cfbfan23
Kind of disappointed with both results I really do like the way LAFC plays. But the Sounders really stymied them. LAFC wasn't able to generate much. I think Atlanta kind of choked. Felt like they should've put that game away early.
To me LAFC vs Atlanta seems more interesting than Seattle vs Toronto.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT