ADVERTISEMENT

Moderate Nikki Haley

I can get the idea of not wanting to vote for someone because they aren’t X…but Trump as always is a special case. If nothing else, if you want to see the GOP try to reign in the MAGA wing, Trump simply MUST be defeated in November. Otherwise, someone like Haley simply isn’t ever going to get the nod.
Truth in that.

Here's the thing. I think Harris will be a train wreck president...just at a lesser scale.

I've always been a lesser of two evils voter as I don't like either party much. Had no problem voting for Hillary and Joe. Kamala? Not so much...

Last edited:
If you say you aren't, fine, convince yourself that leaving the POTUS line blank isn't a vote for Trump in Florida, especially with women's health care on the ballot.
In regards to abortion...abortion is on the ballot here in Florida so it's really not a presidential issue for me.

Reactions: goldmom
Truth in that.

Here's the thing. I think Harris will be train wreck president...just at a lesser scale.

I've always been a lesser of two evils voters as I don't like either party much. Had no problem voting for Hillary and Joe. Kamala? Not so much...
I’ve said many times that Harris wasn’t my first-choice back in ‘20, and Biden was well down the list as well. No idea whether she’ll actually be good as POTUS or not - if past was indicative of how someone would do as POTUS, picking nominees would be much simpler.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Haley probably is calculating how active to be in the campaign.

Deep down, if Trump wins, Vance probably has the big edge for 2028.
Trump loses and it's her and RonnyBoy as the leaders for 2028.

And she'll need MAGA then.
You mean if the 2024 election is stolen again, just as it was in 2020. The only way Trump "loses" in November is if it's stolen. We know this because he told us. Which means Donald must run again in 2028 to avenge TWO stolen elections.

Name some that you are concerned with.
post 55.

I'd also like her to go into depth on her plans for U.S foreign policy since that's the thing the executive has total control of....specifically in regards to Israel/Ukraine/China/Taiwan

I've never heard her go in depth on the subject.

Reactions: goldmom
You mean if the 2024 election is stolen again, just as it was in 2020. The only way Trump "loses" in November is if it's stolen. We know this because he told us. Which means Donald must run again in 2028 to avenge TWO stolen elections.
I hope you're wrong but this is my thinking. Cults and cult leaders don't just magically vanish as we have seen this past 4 years. The man is a cockroach

Reactions: LunchBox50
In regards to abortion...abortion is on the ballot here in Florida so it's really not a presidential issue for me.
Maybe not for you, but it being on the ballot could well affect turnout, voter enthusiasm, so to say it’s not a presidential issue isn’t accurate to me. A large part of the reason imo for Harris’ surge these past few weeks has been the increase in enthusiasm from the Democratic base now that they have an alternative with a pulse. We saw in ‘22 especially and elsewhere that when abortion was on the ballot, that boded ill for republicans.

Maybe not for you, but it being on the ballot could well affect turnout, voter enthusiasm, so to say it’s not a presidential issue isn’t accurate to me. A large part of the reason imo for Harris’ surge these past few weeks has been the increase in enthusiasm from the Democratic base now that they have an alternative with a pulse. We saw in ‘22 especially and elsewhere that when abortion was on the ballot, that boded ill for republicans.
Maybe to some extent but abortion consistently polls at about 15% in terms of issues important across the board.
And I think that many will separate the vote for abortion rights from the rest of the ballot.

Maybe to some extent but abortion consistently polls at about 15% in terms of issues important across the board.
And I think that many will separate the vote for abortion rights from the rest of the ballot.
Perhaps, but that’s not been the case since Dobbs for any other election.

Perhaps, but that’s not been the case since Dobbs for any other election.
Florida has a demographic that leans older. Fewer voters are of an age where reproductive freedoms are needed.
I’m voting for the Amendment but then again I am and have always been for freedom of choice and MYOB.

Florida has a demographic that leans older. Fewer voters are of an age where reproductive freedoms are needed.
I’m voting for the Amendment but then again I am and have always been for freedom of choice and MYOB.
Yeah, I don’t expect Harris to win, wondering if the senate race is competitive tho.

From a Democratic perspective, even if they don’t win, they’d really like it if GOP is forced to spend valuable resources to defend Scott vs being on the attack elsewhere with it being a bad senate map for democrats.

Yeah, I don’t expect Harris to win, wondering if the senate race is competitive tho.

From a Democratic perspective, even if they don’t win, they’d really like it if GOP is forced to spend valuable resources to defend Scott vs being on the attack elsewhere with it being a bad senate map for democrats.
Scott will be re-elected.

I expect that, my question is if the race will be competitive tho, to the point that they have to spend more resources there than expected.
Probably not. There seems to be more of a focus this year on winning more seats in the State Legislature. Money is being spent there at higher levels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT