ADVERTISEMENT

Mollie Tibbetts found dead

I like watching the carnage from the sideline with a beer in my hand, once that switches over to bourbon I will be throat punching people all over the place.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Rudolph and unIowa
Liberal policies put honest hard working Americans at risk.

Catch and release is for fishing not violent criminals.

I'd like to see your 3rd chart include the total 'permits' granted versus those that overstayed.

Not sure why that matters.

The point was that the majority of the illegals here aren't coming from Mexico, nor coming "over walls". And that is a substantiated claim.

Doesn't mean we don't deport them; simply means "a wall" isn't solving our problems.

If ICE isn't paying for the incarceration, then local forces shouldn't have to keep them in jail, at local taxpayer cost.

This is what ICE wants local forces to do: be an arm of ICE and use local resources, at local cost, to do their jobs for them.

Do the feds pay for the incarceration of a counterfeiter when he is arrested by local law enforcement?,.... No, they are held locally until the feds come and collect them,... very easy to employ the same approach here.

Not sure why that matters.

The point was that the majority of the illegals here aren't coming from Mexico, nor coming "over walls". And that is a substantiated claim.

Doesn't mean we don't deport them; simply means "a wall" isn't solving our problems.
I just think it would be interesting.

Do the feds pay for the incarceration of a counterfeiter when he is arrested by local law enforcement?,.... No, they are held locally until the feds come and collect them,... very easy to employ the same approach here.

In an ironic twist this guy was held on an ICE detainer until the locals could file 1st degree murder charges.

What would people think if the feds has released him and said well it is not our job to enforce local and state laws?

I just think it would be interesting.

I think if you filtered out the gang violence, you may be surprised.

If this guy is a gang member, and killed her as part of gang violence, it'd make sense to include that in your numbers. Otherwise, it would probably be more accurate to eliminate that, and treat that as a gang problem, which is common to America and Mexico.

And, as I have noted in many other threads - the 'money laundering' like what Paul Manafort was just found guilty of, is one of the primary financial drivers for things like drug trafficking, weapons trafficking and human trafficking. It is a reasonable presumption that if we took a hard-line at cutting off that funding, lots of the money the gangs have would likewise be cut off. Unfortunately, we penalize those white-collar crimes at a fraction of the more violent crimes, and as such, those money-trains keep on rolling.

Start giving people life-sentences for money laundering that feeds the drug trade, and you'll probably see much less crime the rest of us pay taxes combatting year after year....

In an ironic twist this guy was held on an ICE detainer until the locals could file 1st degree murder charges.

What would people think if the feds has released him and said well it is not our job to enforce local and state laws?

I'm pretty sure they were detaining him either way. Nice spin,tho.

I'm pretty sure they were detaining him either way. Nice spin,tho.

Confront the topic, and quit talking to yourself in the corner.

Why is that any different?

Yes I agree, they probably detained him for that reason so the FBI could do the interviews-the fact still remains when the shoe is on the other foot that local communities have no problem asking for help from the federal government. It is take, take, take-it is not a symbiotic relationship, and it should be.

Confront the topic, and quit talking to yourself in the corner.

LOLWUT?

ICE puts in detainment requests routinely, regardless of the violation.

IF this guy had been picked up for speeding, the local police would have given ICE the option of showing up within the normal timeframe, or they'd let him go.

However, they picked him up on a capital murder charge. They weren't letting him go, regardless of any ICE detainers placed on him.

I suspect that if we polled local taxpayers we would discover that there is overwhelming support for spending local dollars to support the federal immigration effort....

Reactions: reotto
LOLWUT?

ICE puts in detainment requests routinely, regardless of the violation.

IF this guy had been picked up for speeding, the local police would have given ICE the option of showing up within the normal timeframe, or they'd let him go.

However, they picked him up on a capital murder charge. They weren't letting him go, regardless of any ICE detainers placed on him.

He was picked up, as in arrested from the street, on a capital murder charge?

As in he was out walking around and the local police pulled up, and said you are under arrest for capital murder?

That is how it went down?

I suspect that if we polled local taxpayers we would discover that there is overwhelming support for spending local dollars to support the federal immigration effort....

Narrator: "Until the local bills came thru; then people would freak out at their tacked on new 'property taxes' or 'local sales taxes' needed to cover it."

I can see it already on the local ballots: "Do you approve a 15% local sales tax, renewing annually, for building a facility to detain individuals ICE places a detainment-request on, at the cost of $2.5MM on the edge of town, including $200,000 per year for staffing and maintenance costs?" Yes/No

Narrator: "Until the local bills came thru; then people would freak out at their tacked on new 'property taxes' or 'local sales taxes' needed to cover it."

I can see it already on the local ballots: "Do you approve a 15% local sales tax, renewing annually, for building a facility to detain individuals ICE places a detainment-request on, at the cost of $2.5MM on the edge of town, including $200,000 per year for staffing and maintenance costs?" Yes/No

Do you honestly think this is what it is about? Do you think the fed is asking people to go pick up immigration violators off the street?

Bullshit, you're grossly exaggerating the cost,... And besides, this work is necessary to solve the problem, and spending local dollars directly would be far more efficient than collecting those same dollars, transferring them to the feds, allowing them to scrape their take off the top and then send the remainder right back to where the work needs to be done...

Really? I think I'm vastly UNDERestimating the costs for an entirely new facility and manpower to maintain it.

You are grossly over estimating the need for a new facility.

For the record I would have no issue if ICE could only ask for detention for say X hours, but sanctuary citizens are even willing to have the discussion. They flat out ignore the requests.

No extra money is required. All it takes is a PD bureaucrat pick up a phone and dial a number. Ironically it actually costs more for local communities to warehouse illegals as compared to letting ICE deal with them. Sanctuary cities are not just more dangerous, they are more cost-inefficient.
Of course the left cannot understand this cuz math and logic are involved.

Really? I think I'm vastly UNDERestimating the costs for an entirely new facility and manpower to maintain it.

You probably are,... except for the fact that the vast majority of municipalities will not require a new facility nor the additional manpower to staff it,.... nice try.

You probably are,... except for the fact that the vast majority of municipalities will not require a new facility nor the additional manpower to staff it,.... nice try.

I think you'd be surprised how many facilities might be needed. Remember....lots of folks are 'picked up', only to find they have legal residency here.

I think you'd be surprised how many facilities might be needed. Remember....lots of folks are 'picked up', only to find they have legal residency here.

Picked up for what?

Do you honestly believe the fed is asking locals to pick up immigration violators?

Do you really think this is what is being asked of local communities?

That's fine, you don't hold everybody,... You only hold individuals if and when ICE specifically requests it and then only for a specified period of time, say 24 hours, before ICE comes to collect them,... done.

Reactions: reotto
Random, minor violations.
ICE puts in a detainer.

Later, suspect is let go, because they aren't actually here illegally.

In this case he was picked up and held on an immigration violation. This was all so the locals could get their charges in order, and allowed him to be interviewed.

It is ironic that in a sanctuary city an ICE detainer would be refused, but in this case the locals "needed" ICE to hold him to help them out.

I'm glad you are not in charge of the Powishiek county sheriff's office otherwise if I was ICE I would have given you the finger as you shuttled people who had a requested ICE detainer out the back door of your jail.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera, 24, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the death of the 20-year-old Tibbetts,

https://apnews.com/c40d14e3d9dd45fa...owa-student-killed-by-Mexican-in-US-illegally

I'm sure w/o that ICE detainer, they'd have let him go out on his "own recognizance", right?
:eek:

Not what I said AT ALL.

He was held on an ICE detainer, and then handed over to the locals and arrested and charged.

EDIT: I stand corrected. The detainer was filed after his arrest.

Total personal curiosity, but I wonder if he volunteered to talk or was held on something.

Last edited:
Total personal curiosity, but I wonder if he volunteered to talk or was held on something.

They had him on surveillance cam video, shortly after she had jogged by.
ICE had no "detainer" in on him when he was originally questioned.

Confronted with some evidence, either he confessed, or was jailed on suspicion while they gathered additional evidence. Either way, an ICE detainer did not play AT ALL in his incarceration or arrest. Zip.

Ergo: you have been fully misinformed on this entire point.
Enjoy your crow.

In this case he was picked up and held on an immigration violation. This was all so the locals could get their charges in order, and allowed him to be interviewed.

It is ironic that in a sanctuary city an ICE detainer would be refused, but in this case the locals "needed" ICE to hold him to help them out.

I'm glad you are not in charge of the Powishiek county sheriff's office otherwise if I was ICE I would have given you the finger as you shuttled people who had a requested ICE detainer out the back door of your jail.

NOPE

They had him on surveillance cam video, shortly after she had jogged by.
ICE had no "detainer" in on him when he was originally questioned.

Confronted with some evidence, either he confessed, or was jailed on suspicion while they gathered additional evidence. Either way, an ICE detainer did not play AT ALL in his incarceration or arrest. Zip.

Ergo: you have been fully misinformed on this entire point.
Enjoy your crow.

I'm fine with it. Now tell us again how ICE is asking locals to pick up people for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT