ADVERTISEMENT

More Texas Stupid……

joelbc1

HB King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
And there seems to be a lot of it……….

Hurricanes and bad weather seem to being out the best in Texas….the recent hurricane is no exception……..

On the evening network news some native Texan was bitchin; about being without power since Sunday and no relief in sight for the Houston area,,,,,,Duh……Texas…the land of NO zoning….the Land of pure profit with no real obligation to provide service for utilities…and the Land where Republicans rule! What the Phuque does this person expect? She lives there..,…and pays no state taxes…….where does she think help is going to come from? Just another dumb phuquin’ Texan…..Yee Haaaa!

Hurricanes and bad weather seem to being out the best in Texas….the recent hurricane is no exception……..

On the evening network news some native Texan was bitchin; about being without power since Sunday and no relief in sight for the Houston area,,,,,,Duh……Texas…the land of NO zoning….the Land of pure profit with no real obligation to provide service for utilities…and the Land where Republicans rule! What the Phuque does this person expect? She lives there..,…and pays no state taxes…….where does she think help is going to come from? Just another dumb phuquin’ Texan…..Yee Haaaa!
I mean, I dislike Texas as much as the next guy, but a hurricane is gonna put people without power for extended periods of time no matter how good the grid may be.

Texas has state taxes.

Shark Tank Writing GIF

Reactions: IACub
I mean, I dislike Texas as much as the next guy, but a hurricane is gonna put people without power for extended periods of time no matter how good the grid may be.
For some reason southern states tend not to bury power lines and it's baffled me for 15 years (when I moved to New Orleans). Only 1 area of NOLA has lines buried, the French Quarter. Just so happens they rarely ever lose power during storms.

My townhouse on the MS gulf coast, 1 block off the water, has the lines buried but most of the town doesn't. I've yet to lose power in any storm (since 2020).

It can be done, just seems like southern states prefer the ugly lines.

Reactions: Torg

First off, there are 30 million people and one of the world’s largest economies in Texas. There are bound to be dipshits and social dysfunction galore, just like everywhere else where there are a lot of people

Second, some poor working class lady isn’t responsible for deregulation and lives there because, like most people, she likely desires to live near family.

Third, none of this is worth a thread

Verily, should our governor be of azure hue! Dost thou comprehend? With a blue governor, Texas doth become impervious to hurricanes! No tempest shall bring thee low, o mighty Texas, if we drape the state in blue!

This is no isolated event Solar. Tge infrastructure of Texas utilities is subject to any natural abnormalities connected to weather. Cold weather, snow storms, wind, and hurricanes have all thrown havoc into the state’s utilities in the past 2-3 years…. Texas’ chase for “freedom” and “libertarianism” has endangered many of its own citizens. Yet, legally, the utilities are held harmless from any liabilities…

First off, there are 30 million people and one of the world’s largest economies in Texas. There are bound to be dipshits and social dysfunction galore, just like everywhere else where there are a lot of people

Second, some poor working class lady isn’t responsible for deregulation and lives there because, like most people, she likely desires to live near family.

Dr. Respectfully, you are full of shit in this one. Not the first go-‘round with state utility failures. Texas utility failures are well documented. Do some research.

When did Texas start its own electrical grid?

For some reason southern states tend not to bury power lines and it's baffled me for 15 years (when I moved to New Orleans). Only 1 area of NOLA has lines buried, the French Quarter. Just so happens they rarely ever lose power during storms.

My townhouse on the MS gulf coast, 1 block off the water, has the lines buried but most of the town doesn't. I've yet to lose power in any storm (since 2020).

It can be done, just seems like southern states prefer the ugly lines.
Given that most of New Orleans sits below sea level, I’m not sure that underground power lines is the best way to go.

That's your problem.

But don't worry...wheelchair guy can beg the WH for federal assistance.
I have zero problems. In 24 years, I had a 3-day power outage when an unprecedented event happened. Quality of life is actually pretty darn good here, hence why so many from CA are flooding the state. San Antonio is one of the fastest growing cities in America. People are moving here in droves. Come on down, the water's warm. :cool:

Reactions: globalhawk

OP is trying to blame this on just Republicans.

Just because TX doesn't have state INCOME tax, doesn't mean they don't pay tax goofs.

Property, sales/use, etc.

Ever thought that oil production gets taxed?

Some of you are so clueless on certain issues and you just bad talk certain states based on their political color.

Reactions: thewop
Just because TX doesn't have state INCOME tax, doesn't mean they don't pay tax goofs.

Property, sales/use, etc.

Ever thought that oil production gets taxed?

Some of you are so clueless on certain issues and you just bad talk certain states based on their political color.
That's what I was trying to get called out for folks to understand. The state of Texas does have a huge amount of funding that is driven by the way oil/ng is taxed and what they have rights for. It will be interesting when the day comes and that revenue drops to see what mode of taxation they use to cover that gap. I haven't seen the number in a few years, but they had at least one education fund that had over a billion in it from that stream.

I have zero problems. In 24 years, I had a 3-day power outage when an unprecedented event happened. Quality of life is actually pretty darn good here, hence why so many from CA are flooding the state. San Antonio is one of the fastest growing cities in America. People are moving here in droves. Come on down, the water's warm. :cool:
Too many rednecks and gun toting morans.

Hell, even cops like those in Uvalde shouldn't have guns.

Too many rednecks and gun toting morans.

Hell, even cops like those in Uvalde shouldn't have guns.
I mean there's a ton of ranchers there. Until you can ask coyotes and wild hogs nicely to leave your land and livestock alone I think it's best to have guns.

I mean there's a ton of ranchers there. Until you can ask coyotes and wild hogs nicely to leave your land and livestock alone I think it's best to have guns.
I'm talking the idiots driving around in their 1978 Ford pickups with Trump flags and "Fcvk Brandon" banners.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
Given that most of New Orleans sits below sea level, I’m not sure that underground power lines is the best way to go.
In Texas, the problems with utilities seems to center on lack of maintenance of “the power grid” for the most part. Utility rules are “unique”: in Texas and surprisingly, the lower income and wage folks are the victims of these policies……The past couple of years have been very bad ones for the citizens of Texas and their utility companies. It’s not changing until a lot of republicans are voted out of office.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
So, a lone citizen expressing frustration about a power outage is justification for an all-encompassing conclusion surrounding politics, income taxes, utilities governance?

Good God.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT