ADVERTISEMENT

Most of America's Problems are because there Aren't Enough Democrats in Congress

Well it isn’t going to be a split government when Democrats aren’t, by law, allowed to win. Yay minority rule! By autocrats!
Currently, the White House, the Senate, the House of Representatives, 55% of state legislatures and 22 state governorships are controlled by elected Democrats.

You are worse than anything Alex Jones and his ilk could ever bring to the table with your insane fearmongering schtick.

Currently, the White House, the Senate, the House of Representatives, 55% of state legislatures and 22 state governorships are controlled by elected Democrats.

You are worse than anything Alex Jones and his ilk could ever bring to the table with your insane fearmongering schtick.
Oh gee. If it only worked that way. Still waiting for you to prove what I see happening in the US wrong. I stick with what I said earlier. Your posts do damage and you don’t even understand why. The sad thing is, you should know better. Shame on you.

Now Google murders in Mesa, Colorado Springs, Oklahoma City, Fort Worth, Tulsa, etc. Or consider the fact that the states with the highest murder rate increases in 2020 were Wyoming and Idaho.

A normal person might see all that and think “huh, sounds like COVID made people all across the country act crazy.”

A moronic political hack might see all that and think “huh, must be Joe Biden and the Democrats’ fault.”

Reactions: Tom Paris
Oh gee. If it only worked that way. Still waiting for you to prove what I see happening in the US wrong. I stick with what I said earlier. Your posts do damage and you don’t even understand why. The sad thing is, you should know better. Shame on you.
I have been visiting HROT for a few weeks now. I honestly can't recall a single post of yours that offers any support for your beliefs. It is my perception that your posts are essentially "Dems good...Republicans bad".

You don't have to try to convince people they are wrong and you are right, but it would be nice to read something constructive from you.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Personally, I've got tons of popcorn and am resigned to watching America burn.
We don't agree on much, but I fear you are right about this.

This (from Costco) is tasty and cheap.

large_2e017f55-bc70-488c-9d13-b22bb2a9538c.jpeg

The last one was completely unnecessary and done primarily for political purposes. The biggest problem though were the PPP loans which didn't have to be paid back, whether needed or not. I blame both sides for that. I know two law firms that got $1.5m and $3m respectively. Each had their best years ever in 2020 and 2021, and each had the entire amounts forgiven, free money.
Even (especially?) lefties like me get pissed with this sort of thing.

Reactions: Tom Paris and hwk23
Help me understand what R's are doing to block efforts on protecting democracy?
Are you actually unaware of the GOP efforts in many states to subvert elections? Or of the GOP refusal in Congress to support voting rights?

Are you actually unaware of the GOP efforts in many states to subvert elections? Or of the GOP refusal in Congress to support voting rights?
I am not aware of any attempts by either party to take away or not support voting rights. I am generally aware of the two parties having different opinions on what should be allowed or disallowed, but I have not read or hear any information that would lead to a conclusion they do not support voting rights.

Regarding subverting elections, it is my understanding that both political parties have made accusations that elections were stolen.

I have been visiting HROT for a few weeks now. I honestly can't recall a single post of yours that offers any support for your beliefs. It is my perception that your posts are essentially "Dems good...Republicans bad".

You don't have to try to convince people they are wrong and you are right, but it would be nice to read something constructive from you.
Sometimes it's enough to be right.

Now Google murders in Mesa, Colorado Springs, Oklahoma City, Fort Worth, Tulsa, etc. Or consider the fact that the states with the highest murder rate increases in 2020 were Wyoming and Idaho.

A normal person might see all that and think “huh, sounds like COVID made people all across the country act crazy.”

A moronic political hack might see all that and think “huh, must be Joe Biden and the Democrats’ fault.”
A moronic political hack might not be able to read and realize I said these issues were most important to those who took the CNN poll. So, Dems are your moronic political hacks I guess is what yours saying.

• Haha
That's fair. But it doesn't change the fact that Rs tend not to want to address problems like crime, education and poverty in serious ways.
Here is my 30,000 foot view based on everything I think I know...

Education - R's want this done at the State and Local level and D's want more done at the National level. Both value Education, but have different views on where funding and decision making should originate.

Crime - R's tend to see solution as punishment. D's tend to see solution as rehabilitation.

Poverty - R's tend to want to solve through private efforts. D's tend to want to solve it through government spending.

I don't think either side wants poor education, high crime or poverty. Just different opinions on how to solve.

If you are actually new here, maybe you've missed his discussions and explanations on many serious topics.

Or you could ask him a specific question.
I am truly new to HROT. I have tried asking questions, but he has not responded. Maybe I have not asked him as many questions as I think.

My approach for the most part is trying to understand opposing views, not convince others on my views. It seems when I ask others to support their beliefs, they go unanswered.

I won't be perfect, but I want to maintain a standard of be constructive when I express my beliefs and be respectful of others when I try to understand what supports their belief.

I still believe we can all accomplish more by being civil and finding what we agree on and then listen to each other on solutions.

Reactions: NavalHawk
I just saw a retirement aged, still working Grandfather out mowing his 26 Y/O lazy ass Grandson's lawn. That's what's wrong with this country.
We have 70+ year old neighbors who won’t let us help mow, move snow etc. Heck they even try to help us if we’re gone for an extended period. They like to stay active and moving.

Reactions: Gimmered
@LarryStation only a few weeks? Try years and years. Nothing ever changes on HORT. I have yet to see a con convert to a lib or a lib to a con. The libs stick with their team and echo their Twitter talking points. The cons stay with their team and echo Fox News.

The one constant is that the liberals never accept those that are independent. As an independent, if you have one conservative belief, the libs label you MAGA. If you tell them you voted for Biden, they also won’t believe you. For some unknown reason the cons pretty much leave the independents alone and can engage in normal conversations.

For me, I don’t give a sh!t if anyone believes what I say or not. I also do not care if someone has a different political opinion than I do. We can agree to disagree and drink a beer together. I enjoy being in this lane and not being angry all the time.

A moronic political hack might not be able to read and realize I said these issues were most important to those who took the CNN poll. So, Dems are your moronic political hacks I guess is what yours saying.
Your initial post in this thread inferred that Democrats are to blame for the “record crime.” If you still think Democrats are to blame for the increases in crime despite learning that the increases began in 2020 and are just as pronounced in Republican cities and states as they are in Democrat cities and states, you are a dumbphvck. That is true regardless of which political party you belong to.

I’m not going to play. One…I don’t believe you’re new here. Two…explaining beliefs and facts to people who prefer to believe what they’re fed on Fox News, for years, gets tiresome. But you’re right…Democrats are mostly good. Republicans are mostly godawful…for reasons constantly explained on here by a multitude of posters.

If you are new, sorry. Explaining the same stuff repeatedly to people who don’t care gets tiresome. Feel free to Google my claims.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I am not aware of any attempts by either party to take away or not support voting rights. I am generally aware of the two parties having different opinions on what should be allowed or disallowed, but I have not read or hear any information that would lead to a conclusion they do not support voting rights.

Regarding subverting elections, it is my understanding that both political parties have made accusations that elections were stolen.
Holy. Shit.

Reactions: Huey Grey
@LarryStation only a few weeks? Try years and years. Nothing ever changes on HORT. I have yet to see a con convert to a lib or a lib to a con. The libs stick with their team and echo their Twitter talking points. The cons stay with their team and echo Fox News.

The one constant is that the liberals never accept those that are independent. As an independent, if you have one conservative belief, the libs label you MAGA. If you tell them you voted for Biden, they also won’t believe you. For some unknown reason the cons pretty much leave the independents alone and can engage in normal conversations.

For me, I don’t give a sh!t if anyone believes what I say or not. I also do not care if someone has a different political opinion than I do. We can agree to disagree and drink a beer together. I enjoy being in this lane and not being angry all the time.
Not sure why you tagged me, but ill bite.
I lol’ed at Larrys comment that talks about “small government” being conservative ideology. I don’t know where conservatives get off talking about how they are for small government, especially after the last few years.

now i wasn’t getting into the “independent” part of his comment , but since you tagged me…
My problem with “independents” or self proclaimed “libertarians” is that the ones i know in real life are more or less repubicans. They tend to criticize democrats about everything and always are looking to defend republicans.

i dont know why they just dont call themselves republicans unless they dont want to openly have the stench of crap on them that is coming from republicans

Last edited:
Here is my 30,000 foot view based on everything I think I know...

Education - R's want this done at the State and Local level and D's want more done at the National level. Both value Education, but have different views on where funding and decision making should originate.

Crime - R's tend to see solution as punishment. D's tend to see solution as rehabilitation.

Poverty - R's tend to want to solve through private efforts. D's tend to want to solve it through government spending.

I don't think either side wants poor education, high crime or poverty. Just different opinions on how to solve.
Republicans are actively working against educating our kids. They don’t want an educated populace. They are banning books. Making up BS about CRT do their base attacks teachers and public schools. They certainly don’t want to fund education and when I say fund I’m not talking about teacher pay.

I am gonna disagree. My experience in life, n,,isot so much hrot is that if you don't think Trump was the best thing ever than you must be the world's most liberal person.

I was not able to access each article.

Newsweek - It cites a non-partisan group and references 262 bills, but it does not go into ant specifics on how the bills aim to subvert election results.

NY Times - I was unable to access.

Mother Jones - It reads as left leaning bias. The examples they cite further reinforce my belief that R's are more focused on making voter fraud more difficult even if it means making it more difficult to vote vs. D's being more focused on making it easier to vote even if it makes it easier to commit voter fraud.

WaPo - focuses on the hurdles for eligible voters rather than balancing it out with how these hurdles would help prevent voter fraud

Reading 262 bills is impractical for all of us, but we call agree that R efforts are mostly to restrict voting by mail and early voting. D efforts are to allow voting by mail and early voting. It is critical to our democracy that everyone who has a legal right to vote be able to do so, but mail in voting and ballot drop offs definitely lends itself attacks on the integrity of our elections.

• Haha
Reactions: IA_HAWKI
I was not able to access each article.

Newsweek - It cites a non-partisan group and references 262 bills, but it does not go into ant specifics on how the bills aim to subvert election results.

NY Times - I was unable to access.

Mother Jones - It reads as left leaning bias. The examples they cite further reinforce my belief that R's are more focused on making voter fraud more difficult even if it means making it more difficult to vote vs. D's being more focused on making it easier to vote even if it makes it easier to commit voter fraud.

WaPo - focuses on the hurdles for eligible voters rather than balancing it out with how these hurdles would help prevent voter fraud

Reading 262 bills is impractical for all of us, but we call agree that R efforts are mostly to restrict voting by mail and early voting. D efforts are to allow voting by mail and early voting. It is critical to our democracy that everyone who has a legal right to vote be able to do so, but mail in voting and ballot drop offs definitely lends itself attacks on the integrity of our elections.
Have any elections been shown to have been wrongfully decided due to voter fraud in a court of law?

Reactions: TheCainer
I’m not going to play. One…I don’t believe you’re new here. Two…explaining beliefs and facts to people who prefer to believe what they’re fed on Fox News, for years, gets tiresome. But you’re right…Democrats are mostly good. Republicans are mostly godawful…for reasons constantly explained on here by a multitude of posters.

If you are new, sorry. Explaining the same stuff repeatedly to people who don’t care gets tiresome. Feel free to Google my claims.
Without a doubt, I can see how difficult it would be for those of you who have been on here a while. After just a few weeks, it is harder for me to remain constructive and civil then when I first started perusing HROT posts.

Let's give each other more time of reading each other's posts. I like that you are passionate. Hearing some of your views will be helpful to me. I have a wife who has Fox news on when I come home from work, so I hear more of it than is healthy. People like you can help balance things out.

Let's both try to remain civil toward one another. If you can give me the benefit of the doubt, then I think you will realize that we probably can help each other.

Clean slate going forward?

Anybody else curious what “independent” thoughts Larry has that doesn’t tow GOP/conservative thinking

Not sure why you tagged me, but ill bite.
I lol’ed at Larrys comment that talks about “small government” being conservative ideology. I don’t know where conservatives get off talking about how they are for small government, especially after the last few years.

now i wasn’t getting into the “independent” part of his comment , but since you tagged me…
My problem with “independents” or self proclaimed “libertarians” is that the ones i know in real life are more or less repubicans. They tend to criticize democrats about everything and always are looking to defend republicans.

i dont know why they just dont call themselves republicans unless they dont want to openly have the stench of crap on them that is coming from republicans
In my experience, most independents I know lean left. Maybe it is just a difference in the circles we run in. FWIW, I am a practicing Roman Catholic and I get accused by R's of being a liberal for my views on social justice and I am accused by D's as being a R because of my views on Pro-Life.

Small government is conservative ideology. Not all R's are conservatives, just like not all D's are progressives/liberals.

• Haha
Reactions: IA_HAWKI
In my experience, most independents I know lean left. Maybe it is just a difference in the circles we run in. FWIW, I am a practicing Roman Catholic and I get accused by R's of being a liberal for my views on social justice and I am accused by D's as being a R because of my views on Pro-Life.

Small government is conservative ideology. Not all R's are conservatives, just like not all D's are progressives/liberals.
And just browsing your “likes” and post history, you are not an “independent” as you referred to yourself as in this thread

you even liked posts from Abby, ffs

I seriously don't get people defending the GOP at this point. Trump and his coup aside, the Rs have had zero ideas on anything for years. They gave up on healthcare, infrastructure, and even border control. Their educational plans are to attack teacher. The Rs continue to reject climate change. And they proved they don't really care about cops on 1/6. The whole GOP is a sham.
The country is currently living under complete Democrat control and it's not going well. Time for a change.

Republicans are actively working against educating our kids. They don’t want an educated populace. They are banning books. Making up BS about CRT do their base attacks teachers and public schools. They certainly don’t want to fund education and when I say fund I’m not talking about teacher pay.
Tom, these are very broad generalizations.

Banning Books - What is the content R's are trying to ban and at what grade levels?
CRT - Yes, some R's don't understand CRT. Just like some D's are for CRT being indoctrinated into young people.
Public Schools - There are differences of opinions on the best way to fund education and give all kids the best chance for a great education.
Funding Education - Whoever came up with the idea to fund schools based on property values has a lot of explaining to do. I can't think of a worse framework. I don't believe schools should be funded at a national level. I don't believe R's don't want schools well funded.

Very few people would want an uneducated populace. Many R's make the same accusations about D's.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT