ADVERTISEMENT

MRI question for the board

tumorboy

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2002
Have had hundreds or so MRIs dealing with my condition. Had a 2 hr MRI on Wednesday. Came out with vertigo. It’s currently now Friday. Still having the same issues. See Neurosurgery on Wednesday for follow up. Should I be contacting them yet. This seems abnormal to me. Usually vertigo goes away from mri in an hour or so.

• Sad
Reactions: h-hawk
Have had hundreds or so MRIs dealing with my condition. Had a 2 hr MRI on Wednesday. Came out with vertigo. It’s currently now Friday. Still having the same issues. See Neurosurgery on Wednesday for follow up. Should I be contacting them yet. This seems abnormal to me. Usually vertigo goes away from mri in an hour or so.

Yes. I'd contact them.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Vertigo sucks ass. If you can't stand looking at your phone have someone google it but there is simple stretches and poses you can do lying on your bed that can bring your equilibrium back.

Never knew that was a thing... I actually fell asleep in 2 MRIs I had
Yeah I usually fall asleep as well. So used to it. But this weird. Perhaps a reaction to the contrast dye or magnetic waves. But it’s always gone away in a short time period. This is 48 hrs after. And appears a tad worse.

Vertigo sucks ass. If you can't stand looking at your phone have someone google it but there is simple stretches and poses you can do lying on your bed that can bring your equilibrium back.
Well, I lack balance nerves in my head anyway. So I’m always a bit off.

• Haha
Reactions: Finance85
A physical therapist gave me some things to do when I experience vertigo:
Hold your forefingers about a foot and a half apart, one on each side of your head. Look at them, moving your eyes while holding your head still. Then do the same by moving on finger up and the other down. Then reverse.
Hold one finger in front of your face. Move your head back and forth while keeping eyes on finger. Then move head up and down.
Hopefully that will help.
But first you should call the doctor.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I feel like you've been dealt more than enough crap to deal with. Hopefully it goes away soon, good sir!

Well, I lack balance nerves in my head anyway. So I’m always a bit off.
@Finance85
goodfellas GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT