ADVERTISEMENT

Murin

Grip220

HR Heisman
Mar 23, 2014
Babylonia parts unknown
He deserves a thread as much as the rest. I think he is looked by far the best we have seen him wrestle. He looks healthy and ready to go, his last two matches were highlights for me the last few weeks along with the obvious choices.
Max has hit his stride and imo he has not peaked yet this season, something has clicked and he looks very hungry to me. He has lost the harness and he is ready Mad Max I solute you!

Finishing shots vs getting his legs dived at or stalemated. He does look damn good. Max is a hard nosed SOB and going to be problems for anybody 3-8.
Agreed - hope he had put in time game planning the red match. We need that one to turn around as it’s a likely rematch front or backside.

He deserves a thread as much as the rest. I think he is looked by far the best we have seen him wrestle. He looks healthy and ready to go, his last two matches were highlights for me the last few weeks along with the obvious choices.
Max has hit his stride and imo he has not peaked yet this season, something has clicked and he looks very hungry to me. He has lost the harness and he is ready Mad Max I solute you!
Yes he does deserve his own thread. Good post grip!!

Reactions: Grip220
He's made the most noticeable improvements from last year on this team imo. He'll be in a bunch of tight matches, but you could credibly predict him to finish 3rd this year, which would have been unthinkable previously.

He could easily finish 4th at B10s and then 4th at Nationals with how stacked the weight is in conference. He could eek out a close one over Red, but thus far he’s had Max’s number. Pletcher and Mini Nolf are bad matchups for him. Many had him at a 6-8 place hopeful after a R12 finish a year ago, progress has definitely been made. Here’s to a kid earning every inch through hard work and determination.

Go Hawks!

He could easily finish 4th at B10s and then 4th at Nationals with how stacked the weight is in conference. He could eek out a close one over Red, but thus far he’s had Max’s number. Pletcher and Mini Nolf are bad matchups for him. Many had him at a 6-8 place hopeful after a R12 finish a year ago, progress has definitely been made. Here’s to a kid earning every inch through hard work and determination.

Go Hawks!
What I love about him and young is that they were good in high school not top ten but top 50 and wanted to come to Iowa without blinking and have gotten better. Also chad red is a worse matchup for murin than nick lee is imo. Both head on.

What I love about him and young is that they were good in high school not top ten but top 50 and wanted to come to Iowa without blinking and have gotten better. Also chad red is a worse matchup for murin than nick lee is imo. Both head on.
I don't think the Lee match will ever be in much doubt, but I wouldn't be surprised if it looked more competitive than the Red match. Murin did a nice job shutting down Lee last year. Defensively, the match up is more favorable. People forget that the NCAA quarters match was 1-1 with about a minute to go. IMO Lee is too talented for Max right now, but I think he'll give him a great fight. Same goes for Pletcher.

Ideally, he'll have Pletcher in the semis at NCAAs and that would give him a (small) chance at being a finalist if Pletcher is off his game and Murin is within striking distance late.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
I don't think the Lee match will ever be in much doubt, but I wouldn't be surprised if it looked more competitive than the Red match. Murin did a nice job shutting down Lee last year. Defensively, the match up is more favorable. People forget that the NCAA quarters match was 1-1 with about a minute to go. IMO Lee is too talented for Max right now, but I think he'll give him a great fight. Same goes for Pletcher.

Ideally, he'll have Pletcher in the semis at NCAAs and that would give him a (small) chance at being a finalist if Pletcher is off his game and Murin is within striking distance late.
You said it for me!!! Said it better than I would have. Great post

Bottom line is murin looks really good right now. Like what i see out of him.

Reactions: Grip220
How about kem too. Think about this. Him and joe smith had battles at 157. Then they both jump up to 74 and kem smoked him and hall for that matter. And for people to say smith gain weight blah blah. He gave marinelli all he wanted at 65. Kem is a dog!!! In a good way!!!

I love the optimism for Murin vs Lee. I try to look at things objectively, and when I do I see that Lee has been on an absolute tear this year. He majored Red, pinned McKee, teched Moran, dominated Pletcher and is undefeated. Only 3 of his 18 opponents have avoided bonus points, this season thus far looks similar to another Lee. Anything can happen in March, but I like Max’s chances vs Pletch or finally figuring Red out more than this version of Nick Lee.

Last edited:
I love the optimism for Murin vs Lee. I try to look at things objectively, and when I do I see that Lee has been on an absolute tear this year. He majored Red, pinned McKee, teched Moran, dominated Pletcher and is undefeated. Only 3 of his 18 opponents have avoided bonus points, this season thus far looks similar to another Lee. Anything can happen in March, but I like Max’s chances vs Pletch or finally figuring Red out more than this version of Nick Lee.
Just remember Demas is lurking too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT