ADVERTISEMENT

Must talk the defense

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I thought we were almost exclusively zone in the 1st quarter and we were getting torched. Mostly man to man after that? What I seem to remember.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I thought we were almost exclusively zone in the 1st quarter and we were getting torched. Mostly man to man after that? What I seem to remember.

Aye, also matched up O'Grady on Reese more which slowed her down. I think both O'Grady and Ediger were in at the same time, which I can't recall many moments this season where they played two bigs.

Early into the 3rd you could tell LSU were gassed, once we started defending the low post more, their guards couldn't hit shit on tired legs. It was beautiful to watch them slowly lose hope as they stumbled down the court trying to keep up.

I think we forget how nuts Iowa's pace is because we have watched them so much. Has to feel like a track meet to anyone else.

Aye, also matched up O'Grady on Reese more which slowed her down. I think both O'Grady and Ediger were in at the same time, which I can't recall many moments this season where they played two bigs.

Early into the 3rd you could tell LSU were gassed, once we started defending the low post more, their guards couldn't hit shit on tired legs. It was beautiful to watch them slowly lose hope as they stumbled down the court trying to keep up.

I think we forget how nuts Iowa's pace is because we have watched them so much. Has to feel like a track meet to anyone else.

They were truly stumbling down the court. We ran them out of the gym!!

And you added an ancillary point that I never thought of. I don’t think they necessarily went exclusively man but they did dig down inside more which left LSU shooting jumpers on tired legs… That is an outstanding point by you!!

Lisa is a better coach than I think I’ve even given her credit for..🤷‍♂️

Also AO was an extremely integral part in that game. She was way stronger and more able to contain Angel than I ever guessed she could be.

On an LSU note; they are a sensational, rebounding team, and an other worldly offensive rebounding team. I knew they would be, I didn’t expect to be gashed as bad as we were, however! When they packed it in down there, I swear they were getting their hands on every damn ball.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT