ADVERTISEMENT

My 93 year old neighbor broke his promise to me about Trump

soybean

HB King
Sep 30, 2001
He told me after the 2022 election that was not the blowout he hoped for that if Trump was on the ticket he would never vote Republican again. This morning I had him over for a cup of coffee and he told me that he had "no choice" but to vote for Trump again. When I asked him why he broke his promise he shrugged his shoulders and said I was being too emotional. When I pressed him just a bit he blurted out a word salad of excuses including the phrase " she is a young colored woman with no experience". I poured him a second cup and we talked about how dry it is.

He told me after the 2022 election that was not the blowout he hoped for that if Trump was on the ticket he would never vote Republican again. This morning I had him over for a cup of coffee and he told me that he had "no choice" but to vote for Trump again. When I asked him why he broke his promise he shrugged his shoulders and said I was being too emotional. When I pressed him just a bit he blurted out a word salad of excuses including the phrase " she is a young colored woman with no experience". I poured him a second cup and we talked about how dry it is.

"dry" ? How do you know she has gone through menopause?

Last edited:
Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana
Any promise made to marxist trash on American soil, is no promise at all!

Actually said colored huh? You sure about that?

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
Yep.

She is a woman of color.

The rest is just mental gymnastics for people who come up with creative ways to justify voting for an idiot and an aspiring dictator.

I will never forgive the Republican Party for putting us in this position.

Last edited:
And he probably considers himself part of the “Iowa Nice” group, right?
He actually isn' that bad of a guy. But, in my opiion he is just another small town racist that has never really known as black person. He hates the Mesqwaki's over in Tama too.

I find it kind of strange for people to feel the need to tell, or ask, others who they are voting for? 😜 I only know who my wife plans to vote for, but I wouldn’t care if she didn’t tell me.

Reactions: TennNole17
One of my earliest memories is my Daddy telling the lady next door he didn’t vote for Ike because Ike was a Republican and my Dad was a union guy and a Democrat.
At the time I didn’t even know what that meant.

He actually isn' that bad of a guy. But, in my opiion he is just another small town racist that has never really known as black person. He hates the Mesqwaki's over in Tama too.
He’s like a lot of Iowans. Very proud of our progressive past right up to the point where Ray let in the SE Asians who have acclimated and flourished, and right up to the point where Latinos revitalized small towns and churches across Iowa. In other words, right up the point where they showed up in numbers.

Reactions: nelly02
Yep.
She is a woman of color.
The rest is just mental gymnastics for people who come up with creative ways to justify voting for an idiot and an inspiring dictator.
I will never forgive the Republican Party for putting us in this position.

you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif

I find it kind of strange for people to feel the need to tell, or ask, others who they are voting for? 😜 I only know who my wife plans to vote for, but I wouldn’t care if she didn’t tell me.

I don’t know who my wife has ever voted for. Why would I? It’s none of my business.

Reactions: TennNole17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT