ADVERTISEMENT

My 93 year old neighbor broke his promise to me about Trump

He told me after the 2022 election that was not the blowout he hoped for that if Trump was on the ticket he would never vote Republican again. This morning I had him over for a cup of coffee and he told me that he had "no choice" but to vote for Trump again. When I asked him why he broke his promise he shrugged his shoulders and said I was being too emotional. When I pressed him just a bit he blurted out a word salad of excuses including the phrase " she is a young colored woman with no experience". I poured him a second cup and we talked about how dry it is.
He's 93. Blurting out anything is probably an accomplishment

People in their 90s ought to get a pass for things like this and at the same time ought to be mostly ignored on any meaningful or significant topic. The weather is perfect for them. Certainly exceptions to the rule.

When I was growing up, my Korean War era neighbor used all sorts of racial epithets. He came from a different era when ignorance and bigotry were mainstream, just the way it was.

He actually isn' that bad of a guy. But, in my opiion he is just another small town racist that has never really known as black person. He hates the Mesqwaki's over in Tama too.
Iowa has a relatively small Black population right?
I think it’s entirely possible that many heartland seniors have not been around Black Americans and they only know what they see on the news.
I am around Black people every day - nearly one in three persons here are of African American heritage.
Poor old fella.

you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif
Shit, my bad. I think that was honestly an autocorrect gaffe due to my phone. It happens too much. Lol

Yep.

She is a woman of color.

The rest is just mental gymnastics for people who come up with creative ways to justify voting for an idiot and an inspiring dictator.

I will never forgive the Republican Party for putting us in this position.
How about the Democrats for giving us a poor candidate no one voted for either in a primary?
You think that’s really better?

What does that say about all of us that we’ve allowed ourselves to get into this situation?

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I find it kind of strange for people to feel the need to tell, or ask, others who they are voting for? 😜 I only know who my wife plans to vote for, but I wouldn’t care if she didn’t tell me.
People do this all the time. You know that. You’re still on the wrong side of history, deal with it

People in their 90s ought to get a pass for things like this and at the same time ought to be mostly ignored on any meaningful or significant topic. The weather is perfect for them. Certainly exceptions to the rule.

When I was growing up, my Korean War era neighbor used all sorts of racial epithets. He came from a different era when ignorance and bigotry were mainstream, just the way it was.
Actually calling a person colored instead of n****r was probably considered the PC word back when they were younger.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
How about the Democrats for giving us a poor candidate no one voted for either in a primary?
You think that’s really better?

What does that say about all of us that we’ve allowed ourselves to get into this situation?
I love posts from people pretending they would *totally* vote for a Democrat, but for some reason Democrats are always picking the *wrong* Democrat that prevents them from doing so. All the better when it comes from a two-time Trump voter.

93, he would he would have been too young for WW2.
Hence my lol.

My grandfather lied about his age and joined the navy at the age of 17. He was born in 1926, which would make him 98 today if he were still alive. I

I suppose it’s possible bean’s friend was a mature looking 13-year-old and signed up for the military just in time for the D-Day invasion in 1944, but I am guessing no.

Reactions: goldmom
There’s this guy who wrote a book and it was so popular they created a whole seminar/course that remains helpful to this day…
Ever heard of Dale Carnegie???
Yes. What does that have to do with the bigots on here?

This is funny, coming from you.
I know, because when the facts started to really add up the furthest on the left chose to claim it was us, or I, that had lost their minds. Surely I must be the one that has changed and gone crazy, the moderate dems that no longer attempt to justify this shower of shit, they are just silent, right?

It couldn't possibly be that what I/we have been telling you whole time is actually true.......

25 days..... I had thought you would have come along faster, you can still admit what you are watching isn't right and pull up.

Colored is a nicer term for the older boomer generation.

hierarchy:

N-wordUnacceptable
1960's and priorNegroBorderline. Could get your ass in trouble in a public setting.
1970's and priorColoredBorderline. Could get your ass in trouble in a public setting.
1980's and priorBlackAcceptable.
1990'sAfrican AmericanLatest correct term

I know, because when the facts started to really add up the furthest on the left chose to claim it was us, or I, that had lost their minds. Surely I must be the one that has changed and gone crazy, the moderate dems that no longer attempt to justify this shower of shit, they are just silent, right?

It couldn't possibly be that what I/we have been telling you whole time is actually true.......

25 days..... I had thought you would have come along faster, you can still admit what you are watching isn't right and pull up.
450 foot bombs, bro!

Hence my lol.

My grandfather lied about his age and joined the navy at the age of 17. He was born in 1926, which would make him 98 today if he were still alive. I

I suppose it’s possible bean’s friend was a mature looking 13-year-old and signed up for the military just in time for the D-Day invasion in 1944, but I am guessing no.
LOL - you’re right. My Dad was a 19 year old who landed at Normandy on D+3. He’d be 99.
So I guess our little old racist dude likely would have been in Korea.
REGARDLESS I’m thinking his “straps” were attached to combat boots at some point.

I don’t know who my wife has ever voted for. Why would I? It’s none of my business.
Lol idk maybe because you actually talk to each other about important issues and understand who she is as a person and what she stands for. I'm not saying you should be going back and saying did you vote for this person or this person but I think it's pretty weird in this election if you don't already know the person you so intimately share your life with who they plan on voting for.

LOL - you’re right. My Dad was a 19 year old who landed at Normandy on D+3. He’d be 99.
So I guess our little old racist dude likely would have been in Korea.
REGARDLESS I’m thinking his “straps” were attached to combat boots at some point.
Why do you think he likely wore combat boots? I’m just curious why you think that.

He told me after the 2022 election that was not the blowout he hoped for that if Trump was on the ticket he would never vote Republican again. This morning I had him over for a cup of coffee and he told me that he had "no choice" but to vote for Trump again. When I asked him why he broke his promise he shrugged his shoulders and said I was being too emotional. When I pressed him just a bit he blurted out a word salad of excuses including the phrase " she is a young colored woman with no experience". I poured him a second cup and we talked about how dry it is.
Correct answer……
ok-boomer-thumbs-up.gif

Reactions: Bierhalter
I love posts from people pretending they would *totally* vote for a Democrat, but for some reason Democrats are always picking the *wrong* Democrat that prevents them from doing so. All the better when it comes from a two-time Trump voter.
You can try and try to get them to admit one is better than the other but the never will. That would force them to reflect on their original support and how awful that is and they can't do it. So they play this game that they are just more enlightened than the rest of us and they tell us sure there's this hypothetical "good democrat" but the stupid dems never nominate them. The truth is they would never ever because it goes against their awful nature.

Reactions: drew_hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT