ADVERTISEMENT

My Concern Is Recruiting...

It really is the issue with this year's team. It's not the coaching, it's not the play-calling, it's not the system...it's "talent acquisition".

The recruiting in roughly 2012-2014 just did not come up with enough linemen and receivers to prevent this from happening. Some pieces are good overall, but not nearly enough.

Obviously you want to win them all, but I figured we'd be no worse than 9-3 this year. Now with that being said, this is the type of season where good recruits will jump ship and the 2015 season will have done absolutely nothing except get Ferenz an extension.

I am very concerned we are going to start losing some of our top tier guys.
In a word; NO. Recruits usually find something they like about the school besides the outcome of one game.

Obviously you want to win them all, but I figured we'd be no worse than 9-3 this year. Now with that being said, this is the type of season where good recruits will jump ship and the 2015 season will have done absolutely nothing except get Ferenz an extension.

I am very concerned we are going to start losing some of our top tier guys.

2014 class was 10 in big ten and 2013 was 7th. You now see the fruits of those years

Reactions: K OKeefe
I would think this would help recruiting. Iowa has some clear need for the skill positions. Good opportunity for these commits to come in and make a difference right away. Why would they jump ship?

Think about this for a sec. How many P5 schools best WRs are from a school the size of Brandon, South Dakota. No offense (no pun intended) towards JVB but he should be our #3 WR not #1. Complete fail by this coaching staff to recruit that position.

What skill player would want to play for this disgustingly bPringle offense?

I would think this would help recruiting. Iowa has some clear need for the skill positions. Good opportunity for these commits to come in and make a difference right away. Why would they jump ship?

Because Kirk doesn't start true freshmen at skill positions

Think about this for a sec. How many P5 schools best WRs are from a school the size of Brandon, South Dakota. No offense (no pun intended) towards JVB but he should be our #3 WR not #1. Complete fail by this coaching staff to recruit that position.
I have no idea how the size of MVB's high school has anything to do with how good he should be

JVB was originally a greyshirt until this pathetic staff whiffed on other receivers and ended up giving a schollie. The recruiting in '13 and '14 was pathetic and next year will be a very long year when those two classes are juniors and seniors.

Iowa only has 3-4 top tier recruits. AJ Eppy isn't going anywhere. Calloway is gone (i'd be willing to bet plenty on that). I hope Iowa can keep Eno and can sell him on playing time but I'm not too sure.

Screw what the rankings are. Just look at who Iowa is beating out for recruits and how many big time offers those players have. Diamonds in the rough very rarely work out and I think it is just an excuse for lack of ability or desire to recruit at a high level.

No excuse for Miami of Ohio to have better on field WR's than Iowa. The talent is out there and kids want scholarships.. Iowa has no desire to go the extra mile to find these kids.. Iowa needs to step it up in Ohio, Michigan, & Illinois.. U of M and OSU and MSU don't have enough schollies for all these kids..

I assume that dropping passes and failing to create space/get open is why these guys aren't offered by other power 5 schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT