ADVERTISEMENT

My new dark horse is Murray State

Not really a dark horse. Ja Morant was one of the most talked about players leading up to the tournament, and 40-45% of brackets on yahoo and ESPN were taking Murray State.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Picked ‘em in both of my brackets. Not a dark horse, but another win would make that so.

Morant was highly under recruited, Murray St asst coach saw him playing a pickup game at an AAU tournament. Will likely be a top 5 pick in the draft. I like how he got his teammates involved, taking over the game in the 2nd half. Murray St benefitted from being there seed and matched up very well against Marquette.

Reactions: ThrowBones92
There worst thing that can happen is they flunk out and you have to get a different b-ball stud. I'm sure Ogelsby, Flemmng, Ellingson, Fredrick were academic studs.

I’m all for going after kids with iffy academic backgrounds. The trick isn’t keeping them eligible, it’s getting them to qualify to begin with.

They are going to be tough out because of Ja. Murray State and Ja Morant look like they are primed to make a run like the one that Davidson and Steph Curry made when they made the Elite 8.

Reactions: td77
Has there ever been a less surprising 12 over 5 seed? Almost everyone in our pool picked Mst

Nor any is projected as the second pick in the draft. ..hope bulls get him if they do not get Zion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT