ADVERTISEMENT

My rant for all the whining Hawkeye "Fans"

meanwhile Iowa just got a Big Ten Champion Quarterback...
a WR from Ohio State
a WR who is the son of a former NFL WR
and a TE who played on a Big Ten Championship team

your hatred for Iowa football is clouding your ability to think.

how about this... supporting the players that we have and encouraging them.
True, but the problem is we still have the same inept offensive staff coaching all this talent.

All of you smart asses must be terrible gamblers if you think it is a good play to risk a lot for little to no gain.

Being up 3 scores is much different than being up 3-0.

Throwing the ball into coverage when you are leading by multiple scores is not the smart play.

Punting is better than turning the ball over at that spot. Always.

Running your QB when you are leading and putting his health in jeopardy is not wise. Losing your starting QB gives your team a very very high percentage that your season is over.

Playing smart is always just as important, and often times more so, than playing well. A lot of great teams do dumb things and lose. While it may be boring at times, the Iowa coaches rarely beat themselves.

Situations dictate decisions and in real life there is no reset button. Iowa is 2-0 and there are a lot of teams that wish they could say that no matter what any other stat would say.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I always tried to remain pretty calm and logical as it relates to Hawkeye sports in general because I realize that most fans have no idea what they are talking about and are emotional, but what I am seeing right now infuriates me. Not only here, but all of my social media feeds say the same thing; blah, blah, offense sucks, blah, blah, BF needs to be fired, blah, blah, nothing new, blah, blah, I am going to stop watching, blah, blah, bullshit.

So for all of you idiots that are bitching and complaining, I really really hope you go find another team. This is because if you are not a fan of what is going on right now then you seriously are not a fan of Iowa Hawkeye football. I personally loved the game, pretty much called how it was going to go (I could dig up a post the other day that outlined it), but for those of you that don't know I will spell it out. This was a rivalry road game in a sold-out emotionally charged environment. You cannot win these games in the first quarter but you sure as hell could lose them. So this game was going to be about low-risk offense, don't turn the ball over, take advantage of the makeables, try to get a 2 or 3 score lead and then sit on the ball. And that is exactly, exactly what this team did. Sure, the WR's didn't see much action. But do you realize that ISU plays a 3-3-5 stack defense. That mean 5 defensive backs. The winning matchup is not on the edge, the winning matchup is in the middle of the field by getting the TE's on those linebackers as well as running into the 3 man front. That is it folks, it is as simple as that.

I don't give 2 shits about what our offensive ranking is. If you want to see a better picture of what this offense is capable of a better indicator is the first 2 drives of these 2 games. Going up 2 then 3 scores, then everything gets super conservative, run the clock, then get out of there. Were there plays left on the field? Of course there was. The double move was a fantastic call, low risk, high reward. Even the "interception" was a low risk, high reward play because if there was a terrible call or an interception it was much like a punt.

You know what a 3 score game does to a defense like ours that plays zone coverage on the back end? It will make the QB make throws that are in the high risk and low reward category, a place you never want your team to be. If you look at the rest of our schedule we do not face an established elite or even better than average QB. the PSU QB looks to have talent, but he is new and he hasnt seen anything in this league yet. It takes time.

This season is all about winning the B1G championship, I will say it again. Nobody gives a damn about style points or points in general. I promise you that. The season really comes down to 2 games, PSU and Wisky now. We only have to win 1 of the 2. That takes us to Indy and it is all about winning that game. Think about it, if we go into Indy undefeated and lose the championship game (like 2015) we will not be going to the CFP. If we have 1 loss and win the B1G championship game, we go to the CFP, and maybe with 2 losses.

So buckle up for a whole lot more of what you saw Saturday because this is what it is going to look like the rest of the year, and I include PSU because it is not a must-win game. If we get down in that game you may see a bit more of the playbook, but that is what it will take. If this team continues to score on their first 2 drives of the game then this team could very well go undefeated as well as have the worst offense in college football. So if you are not prepared for that then I advise you to get off the train.

One more thing, this team is offense is so much better. The oline is doing a great job pass protecting. 2 years ago I timed the pass rush for how long Petras had to throw and it was on average 2.6 seconds, less than the average NFL QB. I didn't have to time Saturday, he had all day most of the time. Cade is a great game manager, decisive and accurate (the timing will get better). Our edge guys are light years ahead of where they were last year. Patterson may be our best back, and that is awesome because Johnson is still really good and Williams runs hard, and all three can catch out of the backfield. There are so many plays that have not been run yet because they haven't had to.

Now commence more bitching I am sure.....
Ok Kirk......

Reactions: coorsoriginal02
I just want to put it on record that I support the players and coaches on the offense.
I think our offense has been great... and I believe they will continue to be great.

I am very satisfied with our offense.

in both games they have gotten off to a fast start and helped our team control the game.
you can't ask for more than that.

this hatred for the players and coaches needs to stop.

I just want to put it on record that I support the players and coaches on the offense.
I think our offense has been great... and I believe they will continue to be great.

in both games they have gotten off to a fast start and helped our team control the game.

Shouldn’t you be in like a coaches meeting right now Brian?!?

100% troll.

My point was to call everyone out because I am so sick and tired of seeing everyone bitching about Brian, and his contract, or Barta, and KF being too old, and how shitty the offense is and the gloom and doom. I think there is a line between being frustrated and/or irritated by a lack of production and outright whining, pissing and moaning about stuff that doesn't matter. And no, BF's contract stipulations do not matter as it relates to the performance of this team right now. He is our OC, love it, like it or hate it.
Ok, Mary.

Reactions: littlez

Again I will ask you......would you rather the offense score more points and win more games, or stay the same and win less?

Also......if having an offense ranked near the bottom in all college football is your idea of great.....I'd like to know what your definition of bad is.

And for the record, before you accuse me of "hating the coaches and players" (which is a stupid thing for you to say)....I think the offense has shown improvement and will continue to do so.

Reactions: obfuscating

criticism is not hatred. FFS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT