ADVERTISEMENT

Name 3 most terrible chain restaurants

• Thread starter anon_ddojbbh8q7xrt
  • Start date
Anything in the Ruby Tuesday/TGIF category.

I think Panera has gone downhill the last few years.

Subway is hit or miss, depending on the particular location.

Does anyone still go to Arby’s? We used to go every month or so in the 70s but in the last 10 years or so I don’t think I’ve driven by one and seen more than one or two cars in the lot.

Does anyone still go to Arby’s? We used to go every month or so in the 70s but in the last 10 years or so I don’t think I’ve driven by one and seen more than one or two cars in the lot.
I like to get a Roast Beef and Cheddar at Arby's every now and then. Not sure why they have 40 other menu items now

Dominos
Sonic
Hardees

Dominos
Cicis
Golden Corral

But I’ve got lots of runners up for worst chains: Chili’s, TGI Fridays, Denny’s, Shoney’s, Fazoli’s, Subway, Texas Roadhouse, Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang’s, Einstein Bagels, Ruby Tuesday’s, and Applebee’s.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP

I don’t go to Arby’s frequently, but maybe once a quarter or so. I still like their French Dip, Beef n Cheddar and Regular Roast Beef with Arby’s and Horsy sauce. But what I miss is their Super Roast Beef. It was in between the regular and Giant roast beef but it came with a sweet sauce kind of similar to Chick-fil-A’s Polynesian sauce. But it’s been gone 5-10 years or so.

Edit: Just saw that Hack the Menu claims that most locations kept Super Roast Beefs on their menu. So maybe I’ll make a trip in a week or two to see if that’s true.

Reactions: cmanole
I don’t go to Arby’s frequently, but maybe once a quarter or so. I still like their French Dip, Beef n Cheddar and Regular Roast Beef with Arby’s and Horsy sauce. But what I miss is their Super Roast Beef. It was in between the regular and Giant roast beef but it came with a sweet sauce kind of similar to Chick-fil-A’s Polynesian sauce. But it’s been gone 5-10 years or so.

Edit: Just saw that Hack the Menu claims that most locations kept Super Roast Beefs on their menu. So maybe I’ll make a trip in a week or two to see if that’s true.
Jesus fvcking Christ. You are worse than Rudy with your self-flagellation.

You talking about their red ranch? Cause they still have it around here

Where to even begin.

One constant in this thread is Dominos. Does anyone actually believe Dominos is quality pizza? It feeds kids at a birthday party and that’s all I ever ask of it.

I’ll go:

Olive Garden
Appleby’s
Chili’s
Denny’s
Cracker Barrel (fight me)

Even in the cheap delivery pizza realm there’s a ton of better options than Dominos. Little Caesar’s, Hungry Howie’s, Gumby’s, and your average cheap local place are all better options.

You talking about their red ranch? Cause they still have it around here

Yeah, I had no idea it was called that. In packets in Florida it’s just standard Arby’s and Horsey sauce. Only the Super RB had the “red ranch sauce” (which tastes nothing like ranch, it’s like Polynesian and French had a baby).

Dominos
Cicis
Golden Corral

But I’ve got lots of runners up for worst chains: Chili’s, TGI Fridays, Denny’s, Shoney’s, Fazoli’s, Subway, Texas Roadhouse, Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang’s, Einstein Bagels, Ruby Tuesday’s, and Applebee’s.

The fried chicken at Golden Corral is excellent. It alone keeps them off of any “worst” list.

Reactions: Nole Lou
Dominos
Cicis
Golden Corral

So PF Chang’s is on the list, but not IHOP?

Dominos
Cicis
Golden Corral

The dominos hate here is surprising. The pan pizza is pretty decent. It’s not great by any means but decent. There is no way it is worse than Pizza Hut, and the lower tier places like cici’s.

Last edited:
Dominos
Cicis
Golden Corral

Subway belongs as the worst in its category. Their management should have some Potbelly so they can feel the appropriate amount of shame.

Even in the cheap delivery pizza realm there’s a ton of better options than Dominos. Little Caesar’s, Hungry Howie’s, Gumby’s, and your average cheap local place are all better options.
Little Caesar’s and Gumby’s are not better than domino’s. No way. Like hawkifann when we order it, it is what it is, pizza for kids or us in a pinch.

Reactions: fezzador and torbee
CRM_Consumer_Reports_Taste_Champs2_08-14.jpg
Going by taste alone these rankings are too far off

Applebee’s-combination of their craptacular food, ugly wait staff, and poverty stricken customers

Subway - Gross food and yet the same price as other sandwich chains who are all better. No idea how it’s a thing still after the next generation of sub shops.

Red Lobster - Way overpriced for the terrible frozen seafood they lather in butter to try to hide the microwave prepped taste. The trash you see from appplebees goes here for the special occasions

Applebee’s-combination of their craptacular food, ugly wait staff, and poverty stricken customers

Subway - Gross food and yet the same price as other sandwich chains who are all better. No idea how it’s a thing still after the next generation of sub shops.

Red Lobster - Way overpriced for the terrible frozen seafood they lather in butter to try to hide the microwave prepped taste. The trash you see from appplebees goes here for the special occasions
These are all valid points.

Reactions: noleclone2
So PF Chang’s is on the list, but not IHOP?
I’m definitely not a fan of IHOP the past five to ten years or so. There’s nothing “international” about it anymore other than the Swedish crepes, all other international dishes were ditched (other than emphasizing things like “French” in French Toast which actually came from Henry the 5th’s Court when to French something meant slice so it’s essentially “Sliced Toast” and it’s just a slightly jumped up version of “lost bread” which dates back to the Roman Empire). I miss when they actually had a lot of legitimate international dishes.

So I don’t purposefully go there on my own. But when drug there by colleagues and friends, it’s not a terrible experience. Just one that’s no better and probably a little worse than Waffle House or Village Inn.

its solid but I like Jersey’s Mikes and Capriotti’s more

Jersey Mike’s LOOKS like a great sub with its stacks of deli meat. And they definitely give you a lot of meat. But it’s very bland, Subwayesque meat. Somehow Jimmy John’s which notoriously is skimpy with the meat and probably has a third of the overall deli meat has twice or three times the flavor as the overloaded Jersey Mike’s subs. I really WANT to like Jersey Mike’s....but it’s just too bland for me. Firehouse and Publix subs easily dominate Jersey Mike’s in flavor and even Jimmy John’s and Wawa’s does as well. Jersey Mike’s is essentially Subway’s meats stacked super thick.

The other place I’ve never had so I can’t comment.

Reactions: HawkAttackDial911
Jersey Mike’s LOOKS like a great sub with its stacks of deli meat. And they definitely give you a lot of meat. But it’s very bland, Subwayesque meat. Somehow Jimmy John’s which notoriously is skimpy with the meat and probably has a third of the overall deli meat has twice or three times the flavor as the overloaded Jersey Mike’s subs. I really WANT to like Jersey Mike’s....but it’s just too bland for me. Firehouse and Publix subs easily dominate Jersey Mike’s in flavor and even Jimmy John’s and Wawa’s does as well. Jersey Mike’s is essentially Subway’s meats stacked super thick.

The other place I’ve never had so I can’t comment.
Where does potbelly rack and stack for you? It’s the best I’ve not had but have had firehouse or Jersey Mike’s. Agree that JJ’s is skimpy relatively speaking, it tastes amazing. Turkey tom with sprouts is my fave there.

Reactions: EagleHawk
Fast Food chains:
1) Taco Bell
2) Panda Express
3) Jack In the Box

Casual Dining:
1) Olive Garden
2) Sbarro
3) Pizza Hut

Where does potbelly rack and stack for you? It’s the best I’ve not had but have had firehouse or Jersey Mike’s. Agree that JJ’s is skimpy relatively speaking, it tastes amazing. Turkey tom with sprouts is my fave there.

I haven’t had the chain Potbelly’s. When FSU fans wax poetic about Potbelly’s, it’s an old bar right on our Sorority Row famous for underage (meaning 18-22 not pedophilia) hot drunk chick’s and not a sub chain.

b8a11b92401f91df764d346484767f94.jpg

l.jpg

I see the only Florida location of the sub place is in Tampa and I would never go to a chain place there when there’s countless great Cuban, Italian and Jewish delis making amazing sandwiches there. Tallahassee has a complete lack of quality Cuban, Italian and Jewish delis so I’d give it a try here if it ever made it in.

Where to even begin.

One constant in this thread is Dominos. Does anyone actually believe Dominos is quality pizza? It feeds kids at a birthday party and that’s all I ever ask of it.

I’ll go:

Olive Garden
Appleby’s
Chili’s
Denny’s
Cracker Barrel (fight me)
My daughter loves Dominos so we eat it. I usually get the Italian sandwich which I have to admit, I kind of enjoy

but yeah, the pizza is mediocre on a good day

crop;jpeg_quality=65.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT