ADVERTISEMENT

Name a crappy pizza that the locals rave about.

Ohio valley sounds disgusting
How so? Below is what google says and it sounds good to me...

"What is Ohio style pizza?

Image result for ohio style pizza

Pizza from Ohio is unique in its presentation and taste. The pizza is round, but the pieces are cut into small squares with toppings, cheese, and sauce extending all the way to the edge of the pizza. The crust is ultra-thin, closer to resembling a cracker than a traditional pizza crust."

How so? Below is what google says and it sounds good to me...

"What is Ohio style pizza?

Image result for ohio style pizza

Pizza from Ohio is unique in its presentation and taste. The pizza is round, but the pieces are cut into small squares with toppings, cheese, and sauce extending all the way to the edge of the pizza. The crust is ultra-thin, closer to resembling a cracker than a traditional pizza crust."
That’s a different style. There is Ohio style and then there is Ohio Valley style, which originated in Steubenville. In Ohio Valley style they bake the dough and sauce and then put provolone cheese and the toppings on after the dough and sauce are done baking.

After. Because they’re psychopaths.

Reactions: dgordo
That’s a different style. There is Ohio style and then there is Ohio Valley style, which originated in Steubenville. In Ohio Valley style they bake the dough and sauce and then put provolone cheese and the toppings on after the dough and sauce are done baking.

After. Because they’re psychopaths.
Dafuq? Gross.

Et09TMCWQAAw_Bw.jpg

29217008_1783101501740600_5729346407103482697_n.jpg

Reactions: dgordo and TJ8869
Barnaby's in Tallahassee back when it was open. I never understood the appeal and people raved about it.

What years did you go there? After 2010, or so, it went downhill big time. Before that and for decades, it was very good.

Is any pizza really 'bad'?
Yes. CSB time. One time my buddy and I were trout fishing in NE Iowa. We were driving through Elgin, IA and stopped for gas and snacks at the shitty little "Guppys" gas station there. When we were paying, my buddy noticed an employee pulling a fresh pizza out of the oven in the kitchen. He expected it to just be a cheap small town gas station pizza, so he bought 2 slices, one for me and one for him. I will admit, it looked extra cheesy. The appearance was not bad. We get back to the vehicle, and each take a bite. It was disgusting. The cheese, was not cheese. I don't know what it was. It had a cheesy consistency but it had no taste. Absolute zero taste to it. The sauce tasted like tomato sauce that had been stored for years in a rusty container (probably was). And the crust was hard, and inedible.

We still joke about how bad it was. And we also stopped there again just for shits and giggles the last time we were up there. Didn't buy any pizza that time though.

My wife's favorite pizza is from Marion's in Ohio. Circular with squares.
The one with the sausage turds isn't bad.

I haven't tried Ohio style, to my knowledge, but this looks pretty good to me:

image-asset.jpeg

Looks would be deceiving if that’s St Louis or Punxsutawney style. They look like a nice Chicago thin/Milwaukee style or tavern style pizza but it’s the horrendously super sweet sauce (and the absolutely disgusting Provel cheese which tastes like a sweet American Kraft cheese food slice) that makes it terrible. Anything is ruined by the sauce. You have to try it (and then regret it) to understand why it’s so awful. It’s not “school lunch” pizza level sweet, it’s almost breakfast syrupy sweet.

Looks would be deceiving if that’s St Louis or Punxsutawney style. They look like a nice Chicago thin/Milwaukee style or tavern style pizza but it’s the horrendously super sweet sauce (and the absolutely disgusting Provel cheese which tastes like a sweet American Kraft cheese food slice) that makes it terrible. Anything is ruined by the sauce. You have to try it (and then regret it) to understand why it’s so awful. It’s not “school lunch” pizza level sweet, it’s almost breakfast syrupy sweet.
It was pointed out by someone else that I conflated Ohio Style with Ohio Valley Style. The Ohio Style indeed looks like a tavern style pizza, and delicious. The Ohio Valley Style looks terrible.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT