ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Reuvers

He played well early in the season, then went into am funk mid-season, then picked up at the end of the year. I think he may have been struggling the Potter situation. But, it is surprising he would be a quality pick up and fits well with Iowa offense IMO.

He played well early in the season, then went into am funk mid-season, then picked up at the end of the year. I think he may have been struggling the Potter situation. But, it is surprising he would be a quality pick up and fits well with Iowa offense IMO.
After talking with a friend/badger fan, I'd be wary of someone like him. Seems like he has a lot of natural talent, but I heard his teammates were frustrated with him for his lack of effort/caring and he was taken out of the starting lineup for it and he actually moved off campus away from the rest of the team (which I believe someone else confirmed on here as well).

IF even half of that is true, a player like that can be very toxic to the team environment and I think our team seems like a really close-knit group of guys. I wouldn't want to jeopardize that, but I suppose there is always an element of risk when bringing in someone out of the transfer portal. I do hope that we can find a good big to bring in that will mesh well--there sure are a lot of options this year!

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
He was kind of their version of Nunge, only with evidently a bad attitude. Showed a lot of talent early and improved every year until this last one. Still, wouldn't transferring to Iowa be the ultimate middle finger to Bucky?

After talking with a friend/badger fan, I'd be wary of someone like him. Seems like he has a lot of natural talent, but I heard his teammates were frustrated with him for his lack of effort/caring and he was taken out of the starting lineup for it and he actually moved off campus away from the rest of the team (which I believe someone else confirmed on here as well).

IF even half of that is true, a player like that can be very toxic to the team environment and I think our team seems like a really close-knit group of guys. I wouldn't want to jeopardize that, but I suppose there is always an element of risk when bringing in someone out of the transfer portal. I do hope that we can find a good big to bring in that will mesh well--there sure are a lot of options this year!
Have no idea, but something went sideways in his play. As far as the rest of the team, maybe he did not agree with the dirty play:)

Reactions: AwkHawk
He comes from a family of die-hard Notre Dame fans - both parents and his siblings went there. If he goes anywhere in conference, I'd expect it'd be to go back home to Minnesota (Reuvers didn't like Pitino when he was first recruited, but he might want to go back now that Pitino is gone), but I'd expect that Notre Dame would be at the top of his list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT