ADVERTISEMENT

NBA And China Love

I thought he was bragging about his NBA knowledge. That must come from somewhere.

If this NBA thing is an issue for anyone, then they need to consider avoiding them, be that in person, on TV or radio or in print or the internet.
I predicted Golden State would win before season started two years in a row. Only a torn Achilles and blown out knee stopped my correct analysis.

people around here like to pretend the NBA is some unpredictable season. Roflmao. The same dumbasses likely watch old episodes of Friends for the 50th time and can’t remember how they turn out.

nba ratings were way down last year. It’s why the league has its nose so far up China’s ass.

I predicted Golden State would win before season started two years in a row. Only a torn Achilles and blown out knee stopped my correct analysis.

people around here like to pretend the NBA is some unpredictable season. Roflmao. The same dumbasses likely watch old episodes of Friends for the 50th time and can’t remember how they turn out.
Well I’m going to boycott Friends to teach China a lesson. :)

Exactly. To me this opens a door to important conversations about globalism, neoliberalism, etc. Hell, there is a not-so-indirect relationship between those possible conversations and the crux of the fücking Green New Deal. That people won’t read. That supports a lot of the feelings of resentment implicitly connected to globalism and neoliberalism expressed here in this thread.

But people need ribbons.
I had another thought. People seem to just really like being angry. They get angry when the NBA suggest that they behave better. They get angry when the NBA and China don’t behave better. They get angry at the thought of doing anything inconvenient to force the NBA or China to behave better. Anger seems to be the common goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rudolph
I had another thought. People seem to just really like being angry. They get angry when the NBA suggest that they behave better. They get angry when the NBA and China doesn’t behave better. They get angry at the thought of doing anything inconvenient to force the NBA or China to behave better. Anger seems to be the common goal.
Yes. We Americans are going through this phase of flailing emotion. Our standing in the world has been in decline for a while. People feel it, be in directly or abstractly, zeitgeist or whatever. People also can feel, though denial is a serious force, that their lifestyle—this "American lifestyle"—may be incompatible with true justice (social, environmental, socio-economic, etc). I think deep down people are in conflict with themselves, there is deep self-hatred as a result. Thus the extreme reaction to any criticism, of anything even remotely threatening their sense of identity, their ability to consume more and more to the whims of their appetite, etc.

And I'm not excluded. I am questioning everything I do, everything that I consume, and it is exhausting. If I was bent on defending everything I do, defending everything I consume, of course I would have a very defensive response to some "other" being critical or questioning my doings and choices and consumption behaviors.

I think deep down we all know that our selfishness, our individualism, our "economy" is anything but economical. It's wasteful, indulgent, and destructive.

It's sad. Because I see an opportunity to unite as one people, one humanity, in pursuit of a more balanced, more rewarding existence.

Oh, yeah, if you make fun of my idealism (again), Nat, I'm going to whoop your ass.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Yes. We Americans are going through this phase of flailing emotion. Our standing in the world has been in decline for a while. People feel it, be in directly or abstractly, zeitgeist or whatever. People also can feel, though denial is a serious force, that their lifestyle—this "American lifestyle"—may be incompatible with true justice (social, environmental, socio-economic, etc). I think deep down people are in conflict with themselves, there is deep self-hatred as a result. Thus the extreme reaction to any criticism, of anything even remotely threatening their sense of identity, their ability to consume more and more to the whims of their appetite, etc.

And I'm not excluded. I am questioning everything I do, everything that I consume, and it is exhausting. If I was bent on defending everything I do, defending everything I consume, of course I would have a very defensive response to some "other" being critical or questioning my doings and choices and consumption behaviors.

I think deep down we all know that our selfishness, our individualism, our "economy" is anything but economical. It's wasteful, indulgent, and destructive.

It's sad. Because I see an opportunity to unite as one people, one humanity, in pursuit of a more balanced, more rewarding existence.

Oh, yeah, if you make fun of my idealism (again), Nat, I'm going to whoop your ass.
I like it, I’d give you lick. I mean here we are arguing in our typical camps about something that should unite us. But we obviously love conflict more.

I had another thought. People seem to just really like being angry. They get angry when the NBA suggest that they behave better. They get angry when the NBA and China don’t behave better. They get angry at the thought of doing anything inconvenient to force the NBA or China to behave better. Anger seems to be the common goal.
Or maybe just maybe one side hates being called Hitler and Nazis for disagreeing with the 'woke' left but when the woke left shows their hypocrisy(this is an example of that whether you want to admit or not) somehow its capitalism fault. We just want so consistency. The right is evil for thinking dudes should use the dudes bathroom and women use the womens but stop getting emotional about concentration camps in China.

nba ratings were way down last year. It’s why the league has its nose so far up China’s ass.

It may be predictable for some, clearly not for you though.

Or maybe just maybe one side hates being called Hitler and Nazis for disagreeing with the 'woke' left but when the woke left shows their hypocrisy(this is an example of that whether you want to admit or not) somehow its capitalism fault. We just want so consistency. The right is evil for thinking dudes should use the dudes bathroom and women use the womens but stop getting emotional about concentration camps in China.
No, this has nothing to do with the left or right. This is about a capitalist corporation with different marketing strategies for different markets. And this is about you being a snowflake who thinks I’m your opponent rather then your ally in opposing Chinese values. Grow up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT