ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
No thread?
3 of the top 6 picks have been French players. The NBA is truly a worldwide sport.
I"m only watching until the Bulls select a bag full of magic beans.

Reactions: wausauhawk
Edey owned the Hawkeyes, and most of college basketball, but I don't see him being a star in the NBA. Clingen seems much more likely to be a more productive, starting player. Edey seems like a rotation guy, at best.
Also, this is supposed to be an all-time terrible draft.
ESPN showing Edey highlights scoring over Krikke is Canuck on Canuck crime

Don’t love the Buzelis pick. But this draft is god awful so not sure who else they could’ve taken. Knecht seems like a more proven commodity. Maybe him?

Bulls need to go full tank mode. Dump Lavine to anyone dumb enough to take him.

Reactions: lucas80
Don’t love the Buzelis pick. But this draft is god awful so not sure who else they could’ve taken. Knecht seems like a more proven commodity. Maybe him?

Yeah, I don’t hate this pick. He has upside.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
the Spurs have a rabbits foot up their ass in draft. They get the best player at 4 IMO.
No they got the best player at 8 and traded him to the wolves. I was hoping the wolves could get a good young guard as Minnesota Mike is getting old.
Should be a great sport for him to come in and learn and not be expected to perform
right away.
Btw this is a terrible draft for US players. Can’t say I know much about most of these guys getting drafted. Then again the college game has gone to crap.

Reactions: Fan In Black
No they got the best player at 8 and traded him to the wolves. I was hoping the wolves could get a good young guard as Minnesota Mike is getting old.
Should be a great sport for him to come in and learn and not be expected to perform
right away.
Btw this is a terrible draft for US players. Can’t say I know much about most of these guys getting drafted. Then again the college game has gone to crap.
I am a huge NBA fan. The draft was a holiday for me. I defend the sport all the time, but... I cant with the draft. they have a huge problem here. It's not just because of foreign guys. 99 percent of the population has no idea who the top players are. In the draft AND the league.

The public has no time to get to know these guys. They miss college guys becoming stars.

I am mildly surprised and happy with the pick. Read online that this pick signals a rebuild. Buzelis was a top-5 pick in some mocks, so they took advantage of him falling. Seems very athletic, which is something they need.

Reactions: WrigleyHawkeye20
Players are trained completely differently in Europe.
I heard an analogy once where Europe treats basketball like soccer. It's a free flowing, movement, and positionless game. If a teammate attacks you move and replace him. That's probably why for the longest time it seems like Euros can shoot the 3 regardless of height.

Reactions: win1forthe
It's difficult being a Laker fan right now. The franchise is screwed for the foreseeable future. They're going to draft Lebron's G-League kid in the 2nd round and not see the playoffs for at least four years. And JJ Redick as head coach? Really? Did the potted plant want too much money?
As long as Lebron is running the Lakers, I'm out.

s highly regarded.. a big NBA fan I admit to only mild interest in the draft.
pretty Hawkeyes in draft for 1st time in 4 years does not help.
My general thoughts:

Bulls pick is Chicago born Lithuanian who played in prep school in Kansas then to now defunct Ignite. Also played on Lithuanian national team.
He was highly regarded.
Hopeful comp: Franz Wagner.
Bulls looking to move Lavine and Demar..blowing it up to tank enough to keep top ten protected 2025 pick that spurs hold.

BIG has three go:
Edey, ware(IU) and Shannon.
Like Shannon for Wolves..Ant-lite.

Spurs are building around webby nicely.
Celts get Schierman out of Creighton...another shooter off bench.
Kenecth fell to Lakers but not sold on him as a guard.

Major crapshoot this year but there will be some players emerge eventually.

Last edited:
s highly regarded.. a big NBA fan I admit to only mild interest in the draft.
pretty Hawkeyes in draft for 1st time in 4 years does not help.
My general thoughts:

Bulls pick is Chicago born Lithuanian who played in prep school in Kansas then to now defunct Ignite. Also played on Lithuanian national team.
He was highly regarded.
Hopeful comp: Franz Wagner.
Bulls looking to move Lavine and Demar..blowing it up to tank enough to keep top tenprotected

I may need to draft a Lithuanian guy to translate that for me.

Reactions: lucas80
I heard an analogy once where Europe treats basketball like soccer. It's a free flowing, movement, and positionless game. If a teammate attacks you move and replace him. That's probably why for the longest time it seems like Euros can shoot the 3 regardless of height.
I heard something similar. I once coached with a guy who had observed practices/training in Europe, he said they didn’t let kids jack up threes until a certain age and practices focus much more on skill development than competition.

Someone will take him based on his genes & hope that he develops into a decent player. It's not like you're going to expect much out of a 2nd round pick anyway
Apparently his agent is telling teams to not draft him, if they do, he’ll go play in Australia.

The Kyle Filipowski story is kinda crazy. Sounds like he started dating an older mormon woman while he was still in high school, she basically groomed him into the mormon culture, and now he doesn't speak to any of his family members....and is going to the friggin Jazz strangely enough.

So the Lakers head coach/GM/leading scorer chose his son with their 2nd round pick.
I LeBron follows through on his desire to play with Bronnie in his last season, the G league tickets will be tough to get.

So the Lakers head coach/GM/leading scorer chose his son with their 2nd round pick.
I LeBron follows through on his desire to play with Bronnie in his last season, the G league tickets will be tough to get.
For being in the argument as GOAT in the NBA, LeBron is a coach killer. Even in the NBA where coaches have a short lifespan, the coached on LJ's teams have even less job security. He has now saddled a brand new coach, with no coaching experience, with roster deadweight.
No wonder the Lakers had had "NO", said to them so many times while searching for a new coach.

Reactions: Bro D and McLovin32
For being in the argument as GOAT in the NBA, LeBron is a coach killer. Even in the NBA where coaches have a short lifespan, the coached on LJ's teams have even less job security. He has now saddled a brand new coach, with no coaching experience, with roster deadweight.
No wonder the Lakers had had "NO", said to them so many times while searching for a new coach.
As someone who does not follow NBA at all I have to wonder. Why doesn’t lebron play for $1 this next season so the lakers can stack the roster and maybe have a chance to win one before theY become the worst team in the league for the foreseeable future? @McLovin32, I’m loving the implosion of your favorite team. SUCK IT NERD!!!!!!

• Angry
Reactions: McLovin32
As someone who does not follow NBA at all I have to wonder. Why doesn’t lebron play for $1 this next season so the lakers can stack the roster and maybe have a chance to win one before theY become the worst team in the league for the foreseeable future? @McLovin32, I’m loving the implosion of your favorite team. SUCK IT NERD!!!!!!
Lebron is actually gonna get a ****ing 3 year, $160 million contract extension. I think they're giving him some extra pay for being the GM now too.

Reactions: Moral
I didn't follow Bronny's college career. So what were Bronny's stats at USC that made him an NBA prospect?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT