ADVERTISEMENT

NBA season 7 weeks in

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016
What are your guys thoughts of the current NBA season?

Great season so far imo with some teams surprising with their play and the west a huge coin flip with the separation between the 1-14th team is only 5.5 games. The east is full of some great teams up top but after the top 5 teams the east is trash.

Early struggles for the warriors, Houston, and Boston no one saw coming. Houston I thought was going to regress a little due to Ariza leaving but not as much as they have but then again they haven’t been fully healthy all year and same goes with GSW. Boston is starting to come around and Gordon is playing like himself the last couple of games but I still think the Raptors are a better team in the east and the Bucks will push them in a series if not win it.

My so far Award candidates
MVP-Giannis
Most improved player- Pascal Siakam
Defensive Player of the year-Anthony Davis
6th man-Julius Randle

I knew the Raptors would be solid but not this good. 20-4 and best record in the league is crazy. Still think Boston wins the East but less certain with each day. The West has gone crazy. GS is struggling and Denver leads it.

It's been a weird year so far. Very weird.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Weird start to the year but the result will be as expected, the Warriors will win the title. I thought Toronto would challenge Boston in the East before the season began. I'm most surprised about Milwaukee's emergence. Jason Kidd is a terrible coach. They shoot a ton of threes now, so if they get hot in the playoffs they could challenge Toronto or Boston.

Don't sleep on the 76ers. If they improve as the season goes on like they did last year, they could stir things up.

Weird start to the year but the result will be as expected, the Warriors will win the title. I thought Toronto would challenge Boston in the East before the season began. I'm most surprised about Milwaukee's emergence. Jason Kidd is a terrible coach. They shoot a ton of threes now, so if they get hot in the playoffs they could challenge Toronto or Boston.
we found out who doesn't actually follow the NBA ...

Reactions: Rudolph
What are your guys thoughts of the current NBA season?

Great season so far imo with some teams surprising with their play and the west a huge coin flip with the separation between the 1-14th team is only 5.5 games. The east is full of some great teams up top but after the top 5 teams the east is trash.

Early struggles for the warriors, Houston, and Boston no one saw coming. Houston I thought was going to regress a little due to Ariza leaving but not as much as they have but then again they haven’t been fully healthy all year and same goes with GSW. Boston is starting to come around and Gordon is playing like himself the last couple of games but I still think the Raptors are a better team in the east and the Bucks will push them in a series if not win it.

My so far Award candidates
MVP-Giannis
Most improved player- Pascal Siakam
Defensive Player of the year-Anthony Davis
6th man-Julius Randle
I wish the Lakers could have found a way to keep Julius.

Julius is playing amazing for the pels right now. But so is Niko
He’s been a favorite of mine since he was drafted. I knew he’d be a stud but after the broken leg in his first game I started to wonder if it’d have any effect on his game. It definitely didn’t. He’s a beast.

Did they even try? I dont remember them putting much effort into keeping him.
Nope. I could be incorrect but I think I saw somewhere that hes fired his agent since then. So that may have something to do with it.

Thanks Op. Didn't realize the season has started. I'll try to catch some Bulls games to watch Jordan.

No mention of the Clippers, yet. They're fun to watch. Few games I've watched that team plays it's ass off, the ball moves, everybody eats.

Reactions: 33hawkfan
The East is very close to being better than the West. Very close.
I dont know if that means the east is good, or the nba just sucks. Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto arent terrible.. still think boston wins. I see your point cuz the west is pretty watered down with good teams who dont care about the regular season..but its still more competitive top to bottom. Moral of story, GS will win again easily

I'm a Nuggets fan, and I'm excited to see them playing so well. Fun start to the season.

I dont know if that means the east is good, or the nba just sucks. Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto arent terrible.. still think boston wins. I see your point cuz the west is pretty watered down with good teams who dont care about the regular season..but its still more competitive top to bottom. Moral of story, GS will win again easily
Those 3 teams you mentioned are very solid teams. Stevens will get Boston figured out. There are 4 teams in the East who would have a shot at anybody in the West not called Golden State.

Jazz don't play D like they used to. Finished 2nd last year & 3rd the year before, currently 13th but have been in the 20s most of the season. Sucks watching the Heat on offense. Kemba Walker is lights out. Choosing who you'd rather have between Jaren Jackson, Pascal Siakam, & John Collins is interesting. Embiid is putting up Shaq numbers. Giannis, Embiid, & James MVP frontrunners so far.

Jazz don't play D like they used to. Finished 2nd last year & 3rd the year before, currently 13th but have been in the 20s most of the season. Sucks watching the Heat on offense. Kemba Walker is lights out. Choosing who you'd rather have between Jaren Jackson, Pascal Siakam, & John Collins is interesting. Embiid is putting up Shaq numbers. Giannis, Embiid, & James MVP frontrunners so far.

Give me Jaren Jackson Jr. all day and I love pascal and JC. JJJ has been crushing lately and his game is literally perfect for this era of basketball to be the 4 or 5.

Give me Jaren Jackson Jr. all day and I love pascal and JC. JJJ has been crushing lately and his game is literally perfect for this era of basketball to be the 4 or 5.

Jackson is the best shooter as of now. Also add that there's a lot of cool rookies balling out.

Nuggets go on the road tonight and beat Toronto handing them just their 5th loss of the season.
Triple double for Jokic.

Reactions: Rudolph
NIKKKKKKOLAAAA!!!

qJeCjIog.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT