ADVERTISEMENT

NBA star Ja Morant accused in police reports of punching teen, making threats

The only place to display guns is a family Christmas Card. Not in public what a Chowder Head.

Reactions: lucas80
NYPICHPDPICT000008001660-1.jpg

$50k dumbass

Reactions: LafesterMacintosh
Absolute idiot. I'm not sure how he redeems himself at this point, when there are actual NBA stars not acting like idiots.
I saw that article this morning. Seriously, how dumb is this guy. (yes that rhetorical)
Dragging a gun around really raises some questions, but he hasn't done anything dumb with it, or illegal. I think he can come back. Spending money at a strip-club like that as an NBA star is meh. Just needs to realign his priorities. (that said, maybe there is other shit I don't know about)

Caught a clip of his interview on ESPN today, he doesn’t come off as sincere or likable to me anymore. Shame

Reactions: beanerhawk
I kind of thought this was all funny in a fake thug kind of way, but my friend who lives in Memphis and has an eight year-old went on a rant about Ja.

Memphis has a serious gun violence issue. This would be like if D Rose did this in Chicago.

I'm fairness to Ja, is he really a gangster, or hanging with them, or is he just trying to look like a gangsta... Looking like a badass with a gun makes you look cool in some circles, but it doesn't mean you're out there committing crimes.

I'm fairness to Ja, is he really a gangster, or hanging with them, or is he just trying to look like a gangsta... Looking like a badass with a gun makes you look cool in some circles, but it doesn't mean you're out there committing crimes.
I'm pretty sure he's from a middle class family. They had a basketball court in their backyard. Not a super rich upbringing, but definitely not poor.

It's funny, he's trying to give off a gangster persona like he grew up in the hood and that's why he's waving around guns and just being a jackass in general. Meanwhile, the guys who were raised in the actual hood, like Derek Rose and DeMar DeRozan, aren't on Instagram waving guns around. Idk how true this is, but I've heard on Reddit that the gangs around the neighborhood Rose grew up in recognized he was special and would keep him away from the bad stuff. They would inform his Mom when stuff was going to go down to make sure Rose wasn't around.

Put another way, is his displaying a gun on Instagram any different than this:

G4YCKJ6EARDF3JNRIZAF3PPGME.jpg

What a freaking idiot
Bet Memphis is happy he missed that supermax qualifier now , will make him easier to trade

Put another way, is his displaying a gun on Instagram any different than this:

G4YCKJ6EARDF3JNRIZAF3PPGME.jpg

Much different, Morant has a 1 of 30 jobs in the world that takes incredible skill, effort and determination to be paid an incredible amount of money.

That dipshit in the picture just needed to find a district that was composed largely of people that is as dumb as her so she could be a representative every couple of years, no skill required

I have family in that area. It’s not an urban environment with lots of gun violence. There is a military base that holds up the area from being dirt poor. He probably had to worry more about racists than gangs growing up.

Is it the worst thing in the world? No. Stupidity? Immaturity? For sure.

But do you build your team around that guy? If I’m the Grizzlies, no way.

It's amazing that two whole days in rehab didn't solve all his issues 🙄

Not sure who would trade for him at this point. He would need to play with real vets that can keep him inline. I'm just not sure what teams have guys that can do that anymore.

He could be a $500 million branding machine. His handlers must be crapping themselves, the ones without guns, that is.
He needs better handlers. He needs to dump every bad element in his life, including family members who will kill his future earnings. He literally could be the next giant super star of the NBA, but he’s blowing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT