ADVERTISEMENT

NBA

Bulls go on road and beat pelicans them come home and lose to Pistons...not good for a team trying to get to .500 and make play-in.

Demar, goes into the Butler, Harden, Kyrie, Kawai category of players who could just completely threaten a triple double every night with their talent but for some reason don't. If he took the same "score every time" mentality that Tatum or Luka has I think he could have been something incredibly special. He's still special but I feel we didn't see his all every night.

Demar, goes into the Butler, Harden, Kyrie, Kawai category of players who could just completely threaten a triple double every night with their talent but for some reason don't. If he took the same "score every time" mentality that Tatum or Luka has I think he could have been something incredibly special. He's still special but I feel we didn't see his all every night.
Nah.

That's all that deserves, especially when you say Doncic has a "score every time" mentality.
Are you fvcking kidding me right now? Luka has FOUR more shots attempted per game than the next player. And what that means is you're saying NO ONE has a score every time mentality in the NBA, if he doesn't.

Are you fvcking kidding me right now? Luka has FOUR more shots attempted per game than the next player. And what that means is you're saying NO ONE has a score every time mentality in the NBA, if he doesn't.
I'm aware of the stats. Doncic also has a 35% usage rate, first in the league. Which is partly why he averages 9+ assists per game. I also watch every Mavs game, the ball is in his hands nearly every possession. If he had a real scorers mentality he would have 8 more shots a game, at least. So many times he gets to the point, has a wide open layup, but passes it out.

I'm aware of the stats. Doncic also has a 35% usage rate, first in the league. Which is partly why he averages 9+ assists per game. I also watch every Mavs game, the ball is in his hands nearly every possession. If he had a real scorers mentality he would have 8 more shots a game, at least. So many times he gets to the point, has a wide open layup, but passes it out.
I watch them all too. Have the NBA package. Watch as much NBA as anyone. Luka gets the ball at the top of the key. Gets a screen for him and looks to score first. And often launches up threes (and makes them) that any other player would be benched for shooting. You know...the whole shooters shoot thing. But I'm not even sure what we are arguing about.

Reactions: LunchBox50
I watch them all too. Have the NBA package. Watch as much NBA as anyone. Luka gets the ball at the top of the key. Gets a screen for him and looks to score first. And often launches up threes (and makes them) that any other player would be benched for shooting. You know...the whole shooters shoot thing. But I'm not even sure what we are arguing about.
We're arguing because like 10 of us actually get League Pass and watch the games (basically the posters in this thread sans JRHawk). It's nice to banter and argue about the NBA with actual fans, instead of the usual douches that have their 2003 stereotypes.

The difference between Doncic and what I consider the score-first guys (De'Aron Fox, Cam Thomas, Jordan Clarkson, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony) is when they get double teamed. Doncic is always a step ahead, and makes the pass as the double is coming. Those other guys do/did not do that, and would wait too long to make the pass.

We're arguing because like 10 of us actually get League Pass and watch the games (basically the posters in this thread sans JRHawk). It's nice to banter and argue about the NBA with actual fans, instead of the usual douches that have their 2003 stereotypes.
Preach, son! Preach!

Bucks have won 3 in a row, BTW. 🦌

Preach, son! Preach!

My bro is a UNI fan so he's been loving all the minutes A.J. Green has been getting in February. Just sucks that injuries have taken Middleton out of his prime. He's nowhere near the player he was on the title team in 2021, especially on D.

Preach, son! Preach!

My SOTNBA Address

Bucks figuring things out. Lillard is the key for them. Sixers are toast. Celtics and Clippers are in cruise control but will be in trouble come playoffs I think. Hornets and Grizzlies are the best playing bad teams and the worst playing bad teams night after night. Pistons and Raptors are getting better. Cleveland not good without Mitchell. Pistons and Spurs are bad but are fun to watch. Dallas is most fun team to watch. Wizards and Portland are bad and bad and bad. Haliburton is incredible. Jazz have fallen off. I'm 8-2 over the past three nights. If Denver keeps playing defense they're gonna be tough to beat. Suns need to outscore everyone to win. OKC and Minnesota have the makings of teams who can make a serious push. Everyone is praying that Golden State doesn't make the playoffs. Durant is still amazing. LeBron still has a functioning on and off switch.

Teams impossible to figure out night to night.
Heat
Pelicans
Lakers
Magic
Hawks
Bulls

I'm sharing tonight's plays to test my theory that I lose way more game when I share who I am taking.
UNDER 238 Raptors/ Mavs
Grizzlies +7 first half against the Wolves
Kings +7.5 vs. Suns

This big stick simply cannot play in this league of grown men. He's the next Shawn Bradley.

When the Celts are hot, they blitz everybody in league...so many great shooters.

The Celtics were 25-49 from 3, the Warriors were 36-92 from the field. The Celtics scored more from 3 than the Warriors did from the field.

Oh, and Steph scored 4 pts...0-9 from 3, 2-13 from the field.

Sight seen: AJ Green of Bucks knocking down a 33 ft shot to put bucks up by 5 over Clippers with less than a minute.
Did not think he would stick in the league let alone be a contributor in crunch time on a good team
Like Payton Pritchard of Celts...coaches kid who knows how to play.
Pritchard inked a 3/yr 30 million deal this off season
Bucks rally from 16 down to beat Clippers by 7 without Giannis.
Doc has them playing well with PatBev bringing his unique energy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT