ADVERTISEMENT

NBC's Kelly O'Donnell talks about Jeb Bush....

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
On MTP today, Kelly O'Donnell mentioned that her observations of Jeb at the Ag Summit in DSM shows to her he needs to understand Iowa and its politics.
Speaking with Chuck Todd, with the Iowa State House (gold dome) in the background, O'Donnell mentioned that Bush attendied a supper at the local "Pizza Ranch". When asked what he was going to eat, Bush said he was there for the pizza...and then O'Donnell mentioned that when one goes to the Pizza Ranch they really are there to eat the chicken. Todd laughed. He knows! As does Kelly.

Originally posted by IMCC965:
For the record, Jeb Bush is an idiot.
yes, because everyone knows that when you are in iowa, you go to casey's for pizza.

I guess now we all know you go to pizza ranch for the chicken.
This post was edited on 3/8 12:18 PM by ottumwan in tx

It would have better for Jeb Bush to buy a pizza
at Casey's General Store. In this way he would
have identified with all the Iowans who eat that
stuff. Hanging out in Cedar Rapids is really a
symbol of slumming it.

Originally posted by ottumwan in tx:
For the record, Jeb Bush is an idiot.
yes, because everyone knows that when you are in iowa, you go to casey's for pizza.

I guess now we all know you go to pizza ranch for the chicken.
This post was edited on 3/8 12:18 PM by ottumwan in tx
And you go to Hy-Vee for gasoline. It's a strange place this Iowa.

I admit it. I love me some Pizza Ranch chicken.
Lost in the media coverage is Iowa's leading flat Earth society member Bruce Rastatter brought a lot of contenders to Iowa to say they love ethanol. Jeb has gone squishy from previous statements, but several in attendance including Perry and Cruz want to end subsidies and ethanol mandates.

Originally posted by lucas80:
Lost in the media coverage is Iowa's leading flat Earth society member Bruce Rastatter brought a lot of contenders to Iowa to say they love ethanol. Jeb has gone squishy from previous statements, but several in attendance including Perry and Cruz want to end subsidies and ethanol mandates.
Ending ethanol would be a great thing. Did you know that it takes FOUR gallons of water to make ONE gallon of ethanol? The environmentalists should be screaming about that alone. And people are wondering why the damn water table is going down.

And if there is global warming, like many people claim, why would we depend on a crop that depends on decent weather? Why don't we change over to switch grass that is less intensive to cultivate and easier on the land?

Furthermore, why are we taking food out of the mouths of starving people around the world by using a food source as fuel? Again, switch grass would work much better, don't you think?

Ending ethanol would be a great thing. Did you know that it takes FOUR gallons of water to make ONE gallon of ethanol? The environmentalists should be screaming about that alone. And people are wondering why the damn water table is going down.

And if there is global warming, like many people claim, why would we depend on a crop that depends on decent weather? Why don't we change over to switch grass that is less intensive to cultivate and easier on the land?

Furthermore, why are we taking food out of the mouths of starving people around the world by using a food source as fuel? Again, switch grass would work much better, don't you think?
I support your plan for switchgrass subsidies.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

Thank you. I think it would work. I'm reasonably certain that switch grass can be grown here as well.

I really want some of that juicy, salty fried chicken right now.

+1
Posted from Rivals Mobile

What I heard Jeb say was.......The subsidies for ethanol were put there to stimulate the industry and to make it viable economically. He went on to say the subsidies did what they are intended to do (make the ethanol industry viable) and therefore the subsidies should end. In theory, I agree with his thought. However, does that also mean that the US end its underwriting of the fossil fuel industry that seemingly drives Texas and Alaska and now, North Dakota?
Iowa farmers love gravy train just as much as Texas oilmen do.

Carrying this thiught out logically....what does this mean for commodity farmers in the US?

Then...what is the purpose of any subsidy for any commodity? Is it to make the commodity affordable/profitable for the producer or to make it affordable/usable for "we the people"?

I haven't been to a Pizza Ranch in about 10 years, so count me as one who would think you'd go there for the pizza. That's sort of just a logical response, I'd say.

You do realize that almost all corn grown in Iowa is feed corn and not the corn used in making prepared foods.

Originally posted by THE_DEVIL:

You do realize that almost all corn grown in Iowa is feed corn and not the corn used in making prepared foods.
I am not the poster you were addressing, but please take some time to think through this a bit more?

Originally posted by Pepperman:

I am not the poster you were addressing, but please take some time to think through this a bit more?
I don't think the amount of corn used towards ethanol greatly affects the quality or amount of beef produced or we would have already noticed. Yes, beef prices have risen, but not to the point of consumption slowing.

I don't think the amount of corn used towards ethanol greatly affects the quality or amount of beef produced or we would have already noticed. Yes, beef prices have risen, but not to the point of consumption slowing.
Well thats too bad really. The market must be broken.

I haven't been to a Pizza Ranch in about 10 years, so count me as one who would think you'd go there for the pizza. That's sort of just a logical response, I'd say.
I've never been to one. I know people say they have good chicken, but I always assumed the main reason for going there was pizza.

And for the record, I'm one of the people who thought it was perfectly natural for Mitt Romney to grab a pork chop that had fallen to the ground and put it back on the grill.

I support lifting the ban on the growth of industrial hemp.....

Originally posted by joelbc1:
   On MTP today, Kelly O'Donnell mentioned that her observations of Jeb at the Ag Summit in DSM shows to her he needs to understand Iowa and its politics.
   Speaking with Chuck Todd, with the Iowa State House (gold dome) in the background, O'Donnell mentioned that Bush attendied a supper at the local "Pizza Ranch". When asked what he was going to eat, Bush said he was there for the pizza...and then O'Donnell mentioned that when one goes to the Pizza Ranch they really are there to eat the chicken. Todd laughed. He knows! As does Kelly.  
That to me shows Kelly is the idiot. Many people do get chicken at the buffet but they sell many more pizza's than chicken

Originally posted by Hawk in SEC Country:

+1

Originally posted by Hawk in SEC Country:

Ending ethanol would be a great thing. Did you know that it takes FOUR gallons of water to make ONE gallon of ethanol? The environmentalists should be screaming about that alone. And people are wondering why the damn water table is going down.

I support your plan for switchgrass subsidies.  
+1
+2. Damn natural we agree again.

Ending ethanol would be a great thing. Did you know that it takes FOUR gallons of water to make ONE gallon of ethanol? The environmentalists should be screaming about that alone. And people are wondering why the damn water table is going down.

Are they including the amount of rain it takes to grow the crop? Not sure just a question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT