ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Allocations

Looking at Big 10 at 157. They got 9 allocations and I don't think Panteleo of Michigan got one. He has no RPI because he wrestled 149 early in the season and is under 70 %age at 157.

Name Coaches, RPI (* by who I think got allocations)
*Nolf 1,3
*Berger 2,2
*Deakin 3,1
Panteleo 5, UR
*Young 6,9
*Hayes 7,4
*Bleise 8,5
*Barone 10,16
*Parriott 13,19
*Van Brill 16,27
Danshiek 22, UR

Reactions: SDHN2013
Honestly think bowman has an easier chance of qualifying than stoll with these allocations

I like Bowman’s chances more now for sure. A lot of it will depend on who he gets drawn to face early. Ideally it would be Lydy or Skatzka assuming they are the 4/5 seeds.

Do they have wildcards anymore?

If so, I think Sam gets in if he lays an egg. It's not like Weber at 197 situation anymore, since we have virtually a zero percent chance of winning the natty.

Do they have wildcards anymore?

If so, I think Sam gets in if he lays an egg. It's not like Weber at 197 situation anymore, since we have virtually a zero percent chance of winning the natty.
Yep, there are 286 allocations this year, so 44 wild card spots across all weight classes.

EDIT:
Here's the complete breakdown of at-large spots by weight--
125 - 4
133 - 4
141 - 4
149 - 5
157 - 4
165 - 4
174 - 6
184 - 4
197 - 5
285 - 4

Do the at-large guys have to have a certain amount of matches?
Not necessarily. Per the NCAA release:

"The at-large selections will be made based on the following criteria: head-to-head competition; quality wins; coaches’ ranking; results against common opponents; RPI; qualifying event placement; and winning percentage."

So, it's much more a "body of work" situation than meeting specific thresholds.

Per the NCAA:

“Must have a minimum of 8 Division I Matches at the designated weight class on the NCAA Division I Starters page to have a calculated winning percentage.

Wrestler with less than 8 matches would not be eligibe for a pre-allocated spot for their conference. A wrestler could still be eligible for an at-large selection with less than 8- matches as long as they have two of the other standard selection criteria. The wrestler would not have a calculated winning percentage in the at-large selection comparrison process.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT