ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Lisa Bluder announces retirement

Sort explains why she never would sub throughout the year to get Feuerbach, McCabe, and others in with the starting rotation when we were blowing crappy teams out of the water by 30 points. Didn't have to worry about replacing all of these seniors next year because she was going to walk away from the team.

Horrible, blind take….wow!

FWIW, I don't see how the current player or recruits could have been clued into this...there is no way that stays a secret for 30 seconds, let alone several weeks, IMO.
If all of the thousands of people involved in:
- The fake moon landing,
- The Dome that’s over our flat earth,
- The 9/11 inside job,
have never said a thing for decades about what really took place, then I think a few Iowa women’s basketball players and recruits could keep quiet about this for a couple days.

Jennie B on a roll; now joining SEC. Wonder if she'd be hard to land even if she wanted to return? Her system would be a good one to follow Lisa's.

Maybe Bluder wanted Jensen to get her shot. Iowa couldn't have gone outside of the program and asked Jan to stay as an assistant. That would have made things very uncomfortable and awkward. With next year being a rebuilding year, per Lisa's own words, the timing seems a bit odd as it could be a little rocky next year for a first year HC. On the other hand, if they play really well, it can be a springboard to a nice career for her at Iowa.

Great career for Lisa, she was a wonderful coach (and never had to leave the state of Iowa).

Best of luck to Jan.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
The amount of energy (physical and especially mental) to run it back-to-back in the most high profile era had to have been immense. The fire to keep going back at it as a young player is one thing, but doing so as a 63 year old coach is totally another. Not saying that’s the reason, but if it is at all, totally understand it and more power to her! What an awesome run for coach Bluder - enjoy retirement!!

Barta would have asked KF who he should hire. It would have taken KF two months to come up with the answer.

And the best part is, this is the winningest coach in our history, on the best 10 year run in our history and he still routinely gets shade…

Why coach another year, when you can retire while winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hendy hawk
And the best part is, this is winningest coach in our history’s, on the best 10 year run in our history and he still routinely gets shade…

Why coach another year, when you can retire while winning.
Bluder sending a message to Fran. Retire with dignity.

The amount of energy (physical and especially mental) to run it back-to-back in the most high profile era had to have been immense. The fire to keep going back at it as a young player is one thing, but doing so as a 63 year old coach is totally another. Not saying that’s the reason, but if it is at all, totally understand it and more power to her! What an awesome run for coach Bluder - enjoy retirement!!
I retired at 61 and it added years to my life. I hope and pray that Lisa's retirement isn't health related. Seems awfully sudden especially after a high profile transfer was added to the roster.

I hope that is it. She did talk in the last few weeks or so about there being a bit of a letdown this year after where they were at the last couple of seasons.

I retired at 61 and it added years to my life. I hope and pray that Lisa's retirement isn't health related. Seems awfully sudden especially after a high profile transfer was added to the roster.
I think a lot of us have the same though re the timing. If it is more than she's letting on she's chosen not to share that right now and that's her business.

Happy for Jan. She deserves it. However, unless she is just interim head coach, this completely throws out the window all the excuses on Iowa football hires.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT