ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska 133 leaving

New transfer rules could kick in this summer so Manning might be wasting his breathe. Would be awesome if it would work out to get him back in Iowa City where he belongs. Also, both Desanto and Renteria have a redshirt available so it could be maneuvered so that Murin, Renteria and Desanto never spend a year on the pine.

Did we not have enough money for JRent and Teasdale? Sounds like Teasdale will wrestle 25 and JRent is 141? Don’t see the issue

Maybe you guys will get lucky and he'll miss weight at NCAA's for you.
Jammer! I know you'd show up on this thread.
Hey, we welcome all good talent in the Iowa room. However, you have earn a starting job, and the money doesn't grow on trees.
Make the weight, then you can wrestle the weight.

Nah, we don't need him. I'll take DeSanto and Murin over JRent all day.

Not sure why nobody wants to respect Vince Turk. I think he's your man going forward. Max reminds me of another Altoona area kid in the 70's named Steve Maurey: It doesn't always work out heading to the heartland from the mecca. Some wagons' get stuck in the mud or get a flat tire, it is what it is.

Not sure why nobody wants to respect Vince Turk. I think he's your man going forward. Max reminds me of another Altoona area kid in the 70's named Steve Maurey: It doesn't always work out heading to the heartland from the mecca. Some wagons' get stuck in the mud or get a flat tire, it is what it is.

I might agree that people are too fast of count out Turk. He made a lot of headway in the last four months. That said, I think Max is a lot better than you are giving him credit for. I don’t think we need fat boy. But if he comes, I can see where Max or he grow into 149 and after a Renteria redshirt, neither would have to sit the bench for long.

I don't have renteria beating Turk, Murin, or Happel. He had his chance to be a Hawk, but I guess the team is always excepting walk-ons.

I might agree that people are too fast of count out Turk. He made a lot of headway in the last four months. That said, I think Max is a lot better than you are giving him credit for. I don’t think we need fat boy. But if he comes, I can see where Max or he grow into 149 and after a Renteria redshirt, neither would have to sit the bench for long.
Meh... Need more than one shot to get high on the podium. Give me murin next year please.

Here’s my take. I need to see Max more against top level competition before I annoint him. If Turk can improve in leg defense, develop a ride and explode from bottom he’ll be our guy. That’s asking a ST. His offense is his best defense but his attacks are limited and can be very predictable at times.

Last edited:
Ahhh, the internet. Let's see what sticks.
Chimpanzee-throws-poo-at-grandma.gif

New transfer rules could kick in this summer so Manning might be wasting his breathe. Would be awesome if it would work out to get him back in Iowa City where he belongs. Also, both Desanto and Renteria have a redshirt available so it could be maneuvered so that Murin, Renteria and Desanto never spend a year on the pine.
Renteria is almost as good as Micic on his feet. Personally,I think he is better than Desanto. Lots of upside!

Like Rivera ran through Spencer. Oh wait, you still don't have any idea what you are talking about.
I saw Rentara take Valdivez down five times and smoke em. Valdivez won a couple matches at NCAAs and is a top 20 kid likely next year. Paul Glynn and Valdivez are neck and neck. Rentara can beat those two sleepwalking! Just sayin!

No disrespect to any of the current wrestlers who are currently on the team, but this is about putting the best team available out there. It's not about we have already a possible AA, but having a National champ at each Weight. That's a Gable quote and I believe the staff needs to continue to recruit every stud available and let the fur fly.

Spencer may be a 33 lber next year. Lots of muscle on Spencer.

What color is the sky in your world?

No disrespect to any of the current wrestlers who are currently on the team, but this is about putting the best team available out there. It's not about we have already a possible AA, but having a National champ at each Weight. That's a Gable quote and I believe the staff needs to continue to recruit every stud available and let the fur fly.

I like the idea of coming in because he's talented and at worst he potentially fits even better a year or two down the road. However, my concerns about him aren't talent. Not making weight at the ncaa's is a problem. I know some are Pooh poohing it but he also had a weird weight problem in high school if I remember right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT