ADVERTISEMENT

T.J. Bollers

Come on home! And play for one of the best Defenses in the country.
A 4th year guy who could not get any playing time? Maybe he can come home and play for UNI?? We are in trimming mode and unless some 5 star starting QB or WR comes a knocking, I do not think we can take on anyone else. (he could not crack the defensive rotation there, he is not going to be able to do it here. Especially with most of his time used already)

Maybe Iowa State? He liked that place out of HS. Not sure he’d see the field there either

He was a "man amongst boys" in high school and a decent athlete for a 3A school., but not terribly athletic.

At 6'4", I witnessed him getting stuffed by a basketball rim when he got a break away pass and tried to dunk.

As previously mentioned, if he doesn't get an ISU offer, I can see UNI.

Too many burned bridges by Daddy Bollers for Iowa to be a destination.

BTW: I predicted two years ago he wouldn't finish in Madison.

He was a "man amongst boys" in high school and a decent athlete for a 3A school., but not terribly athletic.

At 6'4", I witnessed him getting stuffed by a basketball rim when he got a break away pass and tried to dunk.

He was a man amongst boys in pee wee football. I watched a few of his high school games and he wasn’t dominant.

TJ is listed at 6'2 and I think that's a bit generous. I'm 5'11 and he isn't 3" taller than I am.

What bridges has Trev burned? He's pretty well respected in the football community in Eastern Iowa.

I think it was pretty clear Iowa wasn't in the running as TJ is a 3-4 OLB. From everything I've heard both parties didn't see it as a fit.

Reactions: kkhawk
TJ is listed at 6'2 and I think that's a bit generous. I'm 5'11 and he isn't 3" taller than I am.

What bridges has Trev burned? He's pretty well respected in the football community in Eastern Iowa.

I think it was pretty clear Iowa wasn't in the running as TJ is a 3-4 OLB. From everything I've heard both parties didn't see it as a fit.
Daddy was upset KF and staff didn't attend high school basketball games to watch Jr.
That was public knowledge.
Translated...Iowa didn't fawn over the kid.
Obviously you know the family. So, I won't say anything more that might be perceived as negative.

• Haha
Reactions: gojojo
Daddy was upset KF and staff didn't attend high school basketball games to watch Jr.
That was public knowledge.
Translated...Iowa didn't fawn over the kid.
Obviously you know the family. So, I won't say anything more that might be perceived as negative.

Yup...it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about. 🤣

Iowa has standout defensive players all over the field and a dearth of scholarships available. Offense needs any/all help it can get, particularly at offensive tackle and wide receiver.

A 3rd year guy that played sparingly on special teams probably isn't a priority for PP.
What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

But to that point, since you mentioned it, iowa is well over the limit already and TJ plays a position Iowa doesn't have. It's not a fit for either side and THAT was well known in hs, which makes your comment about BB game attendance rather funny. But that's what comes with the territory of being known...peoole across the bleachers are going to spread ridiculous rumors.

But to that point, since you mentioned it, iowa is well over the limit already and TJ plays a position Iowa doesn't have. It's not a fit for either side and THAT was well known in hs, which makes your comment about BB game attendance rather funny. But that's what comes with the territory of being known...peoole across the bleachers are going to spread ridiculous rumors.
Everything I posted was mentioned before he went to Wisky.

And the old man certainly was offended at that time.

Like I said, I don't think you can be objective here.

In the grand scheme of things, no one gives a shit what I think anyway.

I really couldn't care less what you choose to believe. While I did think I might open your eyes to the truth, I know that rival schools will always believe any negative thing they hear. Oh well, goes with the territory of being in his position I suppose.

However, I did want to make sure the board knows the truth from someone far closer to the source regarding a family that has done a lot for this community and state in regards to youth athletics.

I've been involved in youth sports in this area for the last 10 years and it's a shame that some people like to sh!t on guys like Trevor or Tyler Blum, who give so much of their time building up our kids, but unfortunately that's what people do.

I'm not giving away how I know the family, but I'm guessing I know them as well as anyone on this board and I knew he wasn't going to Iowa by the summer prior to Jr yr of hs. Again, he wanted to stay in a 3-4 which he played in HS or a 3-3-5, thus Iowa didn't make sense and schools like Neb, Wisconsin, and ISU did. Yet you heard his dad was upset KF didn't go to a BB game? Sorry, that doesn't even make sense. If your kid was definitely going to Iowa or Notre Dame would you be pissed Matt Campbell didn't come to visit?

Just stop. They're a good family doing great things. No reason to bad mouth them.

Was it TJ's trainer that did not like the Iowa coaching staff?

I'm guessing 3A athletes like Tristan Wirfs, Tyler Linderbaum, and Josie Jewell would have also excelled in 4A and 5A.

Reactions: Easthawk1062
I really couldn't care less what you choose to believe. While I did think I might open your eyes to the truth, I know that rival schools will always believe any negative thing they hear. Oh well, goes with the territory of being in his position I suppose.

However, I did want to make sure the board knows the truth from someone far closer to the source regarding a family that has done a lot for this community and state in regards to youth athletics.

I've been involved in youth sports in this area for the last 10 years and it's a shame that some people like to sh!t on guys like Trevor or Tyler Blum, who give so much of their time building up our kids, but unfortunately that's what people do.

I'm not giving away how I know the family, but I'm guessing I know them as well as anyone on this board and I knew he wasn't going to Iowa by the summer prior to Jr yr of hs. Again, he wanted to stay in a 3-4 which he played in HS or a 3-3-5, thus Iowa didn't make sense and schools like Neb, Wisconsin, and ISU did. Yet you heard his dad was upset KF didn't go to a BB game? Sorry, that doesn't even make sense. If your kid was definitely going to Iowa or Notre Dame would you be pissed Matt Campbell didn't come to visit?

Just stop. They're a good family doing great things. No reason to bad mouth them.
Seems a few people will defend the kud/family and that's fine.

But the over all point was he was likely over-rated in high school because his dad played college ball and he was physically larger than everyone he played against in high school.
I watched him play baseball, basketball, and football for four years. Size was always his only advantage.
The college results seem to back my opinion.

Reactions: GHawk

Was at a game where his Dad was the coach (I think was JV), but agree I think Dad is a solid dude that builds kids up based on what you could hear across the field during the game.

Huh? Bollers never excelled even in 3A.
You stated that he was a good athlete for 3A. My point is many of Iowa's best athletes played in 3A
Huh? Bollers never excelled even in 3A.
I don't disagree that he was overrated. You stated that he was "a decent athlete for 3A". My point is that the class he played in has nothing to do with it. Just because you play in class 3A doesn't make you an inferior athlete to those that play in the higher classes.

You stated that he was a good athlete for 3A. My point is many of Iowa's best athletes played in 3A
I don't disagree that he was overrated. You stated that he was "a decent athlete for 3A". My point is that the class he played in has nothing to do with it. Just because you play in class 3A doesn't make you an inferior athlete to those that play in the higher classes.
[/QUOTE

His Rival's profile listed him as 6'3", 250lbs as a high school senior. For 3A, that's on the upper end as far as size. IIRC, his senior season was CCA's last in 3A. If he played anywhere near the Des Moines metro, no one would have known who he was.
He was the proverbial "big fish in a small pond".
The Rival's 5.9 rating, as has been mentioned before, can be nothing more than attending multiple Rival's camps around the country.
I apologize if I come across as ragging on the guy.
Just saying he was incredibly overrated as a high schooler.

Reactions: saberfan

You sound like his dad and have every right to speak out.

Reactions: ClarindaA's

This level of self awareness is rarely seen on this board. It's very refreshing and I just wanted to commend you on it.

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT