ADVERTISEMENT

Neil Young tells Spotify to choose between him and Joe Rogan.

Screen-Shot-2022-01-27-at-1.37.51-PM.png

4-1.jpeg

8.png

You're a hoot.
What does a moderator do?

Definition of censor
transitive verb
: to examine in order to suppress (see SUPPRESS sense 2) or delete anything considered objectionable
censor the news
also : to suppress or delete as objectionable
censor out indecent passages
So you're censored because you can't post the n-word. Which, as has been pointed out, makes the word "censor" so broad it's pretty much meaningless. But you can define it so that a parent shushing their child is a censor and the rest of us will stick with something more meaningful.

You try and you try and you continually fail. Must be frustrating.
You sound like you are speaking from personal experience.

And why are you not holding up to your end of the bargain, LIAR. You were served your scram sandwich. Now, beat it cockroach and don't ever come back.

You sound like you are speaking from personal experience.

And why are you not holding up to your end of the bargain, LIAR. You were served your scram sandwich. Now, beat it cockroach and don't ever come back.
I am speaking from personal experience...I've seen many of your posts. "Epic fail" could have been created just for you.

It does not appear that she suggested more can be done to censor Rogan:

“This disclaimer, it’s a positive step, but we want every platform to be doing more to be calling out mis- and dis-information, while also uplifting accurate information,” Psaki said. “Ultimately, our view is that it is a positive step, but there is more that can be done.”

“Our hope is that all major tech platforms, and all major news sources for that matter, be responsible and be vigilant to ensure the American people have access to accurate information on something as significant as COVID-19,” Psaki added. “That certainly includes Spotify.”

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Now CSN,.. old rockers are dying to join the cause...

Funny that three of them wrote and famously sang the words:
There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away

A lot of damning clips coming out in the past few days.

Im done with Rogan.
Im done with Spotify.

Funny that three of them wrote and famously sang the words:
There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away

Not to pick nits here, but: Stills wrote the song when he was a member of Buffalo Springfield. Though Young was also in the band, he didn't contribute any of the writing, just performing it on their first album.

Gotta give former Plant High Panther Stills his due credit.

Also, Crosby and Nash were not in Buffalo Springfield--Crosby came from the Byrds and Nash from the Hollies.

The N word clip isn't helping either. White guys unless it's Quentin Tarantino can't get away with it in this century

It’s weird. You can take clips of him quoting people or talking about how others would say the word in their routines…but if you don’t put any of it in context it just sounds horrible.

For example

I don't really get Spotify's position on Rogan using slurs. They couldn't have been unaware that he does edgy comedy and they did discard some other episodes from Rogan's archive. Spotify can usually predict I'm going to like a song nobody else in Iowa has ever heard, but they don't have a coherent policy on if they are okay with/how their comedy podcasters are using slurs? Twitter did not discover this about Rogan.

Reactions: littlez
Not to pick nits here, but: Stills wrote the song when he was a member of Buffalo Springfield. Though Young was also in the band, he didn't contribute any of the writing, just performing it on their first album.

Gotta give former Plant High Panther Stills his due credit.

Also, Crosby and Nash were not in Buffalo Springfield--Crosby came from the Byrds and Nash from the Hollies.
I get it. However, what event caused Crosby to be expelled from the Byrds? Other then him being an egotistical ass hole (his own words).

I don't really get Spotify's position on Rogan using slurs. They couldn't have been unaware that he does edgy comedy and they did discard some other episodes from Rogan's archive. Spotify can usually predict I'm going to like a song nobody else in Iowa has ever heard, but they don't have a coherent policy on if they are okay with/how their comedy podcasters are using slurs? Twitter did not discover this about Rogan.
If they take out Rogan for saying the N word…you better be prepared for the others who will be next. Kimmel, Stern

How long until Twitter discovers that he's never been very funny?

If they take out Rogan for saying the N word…you better be prepared for the others who will be next. Kimmel, Stern
They’re not going to get rid of him. They’re paying him to much money and he has to many listeners. Guessing for every one that leaves Spotify another idiot decides to listen to Joe. Unfortunately I’m to invested in Spotify at this point. I could look at other options but don’t want the hassle of switching everything over. Never listened to Joe and don’t plan to. Spotify CEO is under a lot of fire right now. Sounds like a majority of his employees don’t really like being associated with the show. And it’s certainly not going to go away. Will be interesting to see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT