ADVERTISEMENT

New format ignores the ignore list!!!

UNIowaHawk

HR Legend
Jul 22, 2011
Ciggy is ignored because he provides nothing of use these boards and is a dbag. Now his threads are showing, but only his comments in the threads are ignored. Please fix!!!

cry_baby_1_-_iStockphoto.png

I don't think safe space means what you think it means.
Ok. I'll stick my neck out here. My understanding of the conservative safe space trope is that it's a place where information that one might find uncomfortable or unapalatable is not allowed. Ciggy posts a lot of liberal-tilted info, so removing his posts makes HROT a safer space for our more sensitive conservatives.

No?

Must. Have. Safe. Space.

If safe space means not having to look at stupid pointless articles nobody cares about, then yep. I come to this board for entertainment, not to read articles some dbag keeps copying/pasting. Believe me, this board is 100 times better with him on ignore. I recommend everyone try it, you'll feel the same.

I put him on ignore yesterday. Ciggy goes off the clock for the weekend and this place gets way better. Come Monday morning he is back to his cut/paste front page crowding ways. Yesterday I put him on ignore and it was like the old HROT was back.

Safe spaces, whatever, I didn't put him on ignore because his political garbage offends me. I put him on ignore because he clogs the site up with his garbage.

Everybody should try a Ciggy-free HROT. It's wonderful.

Ok. I'll stick my neck out here. My understanding of the conservative safe space trope is that it's a place where information that one might find uncomfortable or unapalatable is not allowed. Ciggy posts a lot of liberal-tilted info, so removing his posts makes HROT a safer space for our more sensitive conservatives.

No?
Liberal "tilted"?

No, he just copies and pastes garbage I could get from yahoo news or CNN. No reason to regurgitate it on HROT. I ignore because he's annoying-- not because he's a tin foil hat liberal.

No?
It's not always about the substance. It's about having half the front page full of pointless articles that no one reads or even comments on.

It's not always about the substance. It's about having half the front page full of pointless articles that no one reads or even comments on.

Ok, talk to these guys too. They collectively do the same thing. I put Ciggy on Ignore just to see where the rest of the political talk comes from. I noticed all buy one were right leaning and most were bitch fests.

4chan troll job
Hall of Fame

Donald Trump has asked for bust of Winston Churchill to be put back in the Oval Office
The Tradition

UniowaHawk

"I could think of no better way for Obama to prove his moral unseriousness as a President
Bubs Finn

So, what's next for Barry?
The Tradition

*****Official Bitchfest Over Obama's Farewell Speech****** Thread
Stillh8unlv

Obama's only legacy is making Jimmy Carter look like a decent president.
Letsgohawks411

So our national mainstream media is officially tabloid fodder
Hawkland14

Another attack from racist left for having cross racial grandchildren
YellowSnow

Get your popcorn, boys! FBI: Putin possibly compromised Trump w/ damaging personal info...
MenaceSockeyes

Lame. Starting a thread or two is perfectly fine.

But a single poster spamming the board with everything that's on WaPo that day is ridiculous.

Lame. Starting a thread or two is perfectly fine.

But a single poster spamming the board with everything that's on WaPo that day is ridiculous.

You're right, they're lame threads. Terrible, pointless, space filling threads....and they add up. I'm just going with the narrative that most of us don't like political garbage. Most of those threads were not only garbage, they're there to be antagonistic.

You're right, they're lame threads. Terrible, pointless, space filling threads....and they add up. I'm just going with the narrative that most of us don't like political garbage. Most of those threads were not only garbage, they're there to be antagonistic.

Oh, gosh. No one is ever "antagonistic" on HROT!

Look, there is no ban on political threads. The issue with Ciggy is he starts a dozen or so threads a day.

Reactions: hawkssox1
Oh, gosh. No one is ever "antagonistic" on HROT!

Look, there is no ban on political threads. The issue with Ciggy is he starts a dozen or so threads a day.

So now we have a sliding scale? C'mon, man. It's as tiring as the constant bitchfest about his threads. Like you said, there's no ban in place. Why do some here have such a huge problem processing shit and moving on?

Get creative, make funny comments about things you disagree with, make him look foolish...fine. But the current course is pretty pathetic for some of those on here.

The topic was Ciggy and his posts. The posts that outnumber anyone else by ten fold. Trad would probably be second in line but he isn't nearly as bad as Ciggy. Those other guys may post an article or two which is fine. I disagree with anything Huey/Red says but he only posts one article now and then but he sticks around and comments. Those threads usually go on for a while too.

The topic was Ciggy and his posts. The posts that outnumber anyone else by ten fold. Trad would probably be second in line but he isn't nearly as bad as Ciggy. Those other guys may post an article or two which is fine. I disagree with anything Huey/Red says but he only posts one article now and then but he sticks around and comments. Those threads usually go on for a while too.

Fair enough. I still maintain it would be much better without Terrehawk, IowaNiceHawk, IowaFBandBBfan4ever, would stop posting, since they only post trash too (even if not as much). Since that will never happen, I just make fun of them every chance I get.

It's not about perceived quality or the lack thereof, or whether you agree with it or not, the problem is with volume. Quantity. Excessive. Get it yet?

It's not about perceived quality or the lack thereof, or whether you agree with it or not, the problem is with volume. Quantity. Excessive. Get it yet?

Volume of pure political BS, yes I get it. If people are being funny about it, creative, even an obvious troll to rile the other side...fine. Most of these fools don't have any of those abilities and repeat the same tired shit. So yes, it is a volume problem with more than just ciggy.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Volume of pure political BS, yes I get it. If people are being funny about it, creative, even an obvious troll to rile the other side...fine. Most of these fools don't have any of those abilities and repeat the same tired shit. So yes, it is a volume problem with more than just ciggy.

go on....

No?
I can understand your logic, but I don't think that's the case with Ciggy. It certainly isn't in my case. Other posters provide information/opinion that is much more "threatening" than what he cuts and pastes. In my case, I put him on "ignore" because I wasn't reading his stuff and it was cluttering up the board. I'd come here and see half the damn threads on the page were either his or those of another post I also have chosen to ignore.

Reactions: UNIowaHawk
Agreed and I wasn't disputing that. Just pointing out the similarities.

But it's the volume that ticks people off, not the content. Well, not just the content. I have one person on Ignore, and it's Ciggy. It's because he pukes thread after thread after thread of anti-Trump propaganda. I gt it, Trump sucks, and I agree. But geez, step away from the keyboard once in a while. He does sprinkle in a few threads about other anti-GOP stuff, and a few misc......
But it's the volume that finally did me in.

Reactions: UNIowaHawk

Ok, talk to these guys too. They collectively do the same thing. I put Ciggy on Ignore just to see where the rest of the political talk comes from. I noticed all buy one were right leaning and most were bitch fests.

4chan troll job
Hall of Fame

Donald Trump has asked for bust of Winston Churchill to be put back in the Oval Office
The Tradition

UniowaHawk

"I could think of no better way for Obama to prove his moral unseriousness as a President
Bubs Finn

So, what's next for Barry?
The Tradition

*****Official Bitchfest Over Obama's Farewell Speech****** Thread
Stillh8unlv

Obama's only legacy is making Jimmy Carter look like a decent president.
Letsgohawks411

So our national mainstream media is officially tabloid fodder
Hawkland14

Another attack from racist left for having cross racial grandchildren
YellowSnow

Get your popcorn, boys! FBI: Putin possibly compromised Trump w/ damaging personal info...
MenaceSockeyes
Me starting a thread about something not working on the new release is equivalent to the garbage Ciggy posts???

Reactions: SWIowahawks
But it's the volume that ticks people off, not the content. Well, not just the content. I have one person on Ignore, and it's Ciggy. It's because he pukes thread after thread after thread of anti-Trump propaganda. I gt it, Trump sucks, and I agree. But geez, step away from the keyboard once in a while. He does sprinkle in a few threads about other anti-GOP stuff, and a few misc......
But it's the volume that finally did me in.
I agree with the volume is the number 1 reason to put him on ignore. I'll also add he will rarely defend his POV outside of saying stuff like GOP echo chamber.

Also the point it seems to be part of his job is annoying. Only see him Monday through Friday and no weekends. Notice he never will deny that when it gets thrown out there.

Other posters post stories.
IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life and Tradition on the right are big ones. On the Left you got Menace, Huey, and WWJD (actually like WWJD because he will stray from the party line occasionally but disagree with him 90% of the time). All of these posters will defend their positions. You might not agree with them but you can't say they are strictly C&Pers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT