ADVERTISEMENT

New Hawk Angelo Ferrari

Todd Conner

HB MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!
If Angelo can win a weight, and I think he will, I hope TNT unleash him like they did with Spencer. Would love to see him conquer the world as a true freshman. Just saying, not trying to start a debate. :)

If Angelo can win a weight, and I think he will, I hope TNT unleash him like they did with Spencer. Would love to see him conquer the world as a true freshman. Just saying, not trying to start a debate. :)
Not debating, just curious where do you think he could start weight wise this year?
165- could he beat Caliendo?
174- could he beat Arnold?
184- could he beat Brands?

I honestly have no idea where he is ability wise vs. his teammates at this point.

Reactions: BGon4ND
Not debating, just curious where do you think he could start weight wise this year?
165- could he beat Caliendo?
174- could he beat Arnold?
184- could he beat Brands?

I honestly have no idea where he is ability wise vs. his teammates at this point.
Like you, I don’t know where he stands against his teammates. That said, I don’t see him going 65 or beating Caliendo if he does attempt to get smaller. And if Brands is the same version of himself at 84 as he was at his most recent NCAAs I don’t know that Angelo could jump up to 84 and beat him. And Arnold looked really fricking good last year. In the end, IMO Arnold (74) would be the easier target for Angelo, again if Brands is the same version of himself that beat Plott twice. Regardless, if Angelo can take the spot from either Arnold or Brands then I want to see Angelo on the mat going for glory. :)

I would love to see him start at 84. Wrestle when your young and healthy, can always use that shirt another year. Nelson can back up him and Gabe if needed.

Like you, I don’t know where he stands against his teammates. That said, I don’t see him going 65 or beating Caliendo if he does attempt to get smaller. And if Brands is the same version of himself at 84 as he was at his most recent NCAAs I don’t know that Angelo could jump up to 84 and beat him. And Arnold looked really fricking good last year. In the end, IMO Arnold (74) would be the easier target for Angelo, again if Brands is the same version of himself that beat Plott twice. Regardless, if Angelo can take the spot from either Arnold or Brands then I want to see Angelo on the mat going for glory. :)
I don’t really disagree with anything you said. I’m leaning towards a lineup of 165- Caliendo 174 Arnold and Brands 184. Angelo likely needs to be up at 184 if Iowa is going to maximize both him and Gabe (who in his mind is too short for 184). I would love to see Angelo get some reps in, but rather he keep the shirt on, cause he is the only one in that group that still has one to burn. Then focus on putting on muscle for the 25-26 season when he’s up at 184.

Saw Angelo on campus today. With a backpack...meaning enrolled in classes, right? ;)

BTW, wouldn't a full-sized 184lber be around 195 right now? He didn't look that big to me, but I'm probably a bad judge of such things.

Saw Angelo on campus today. With a backpack...meaning enrolled in classes, right? ;)

BTW, wouldn't a full-sized 184lber be around 195 right now? He didn't look that big to me, but I'm probably a bad judge of such things.
I’ve also seen him around campus the past few weeks and if he’s a full size 84 lber right now it’s very deceiving. He very well could be but I thought he looked like a tweener between 65 and 74 currently.

Reactions: el dub
I would love to see him start at 84. Wrestle when your young and healthy, can always use that shirt another year. Nelson can back up him and Gabe if needed.
For all we know Gabe might be backing up Nelson and Angelo if needed. I'm still not convinced that Arnold can beat Brands at 74...but if he can then I want him to be our guy...

• Wow
Reactions: BGon4ND and el dub
Doubt he can beat Arnold or Brands this year.
I think you're wrong. I like Arnold as much as the next guy, but I don't see him as an automatic podium guy. He's going to have to be better than last year when I think some - Plott excluded - might have taken him for granted. I don't think AA type fellas will take him for granted this year...and I think when he wrestles the AA type talent, he's going to have to open his offense a little or risk falling victim to the PK syndrome. PK syndrome = scoring lots of points against lesser opponents when it doesn't really matter, and doing a whole lot of hand fighting and losing close matches against AA level opponents when it really does matter. I was always a huge fan of PK's, probably too much so. He never really sealed the deal when he had a good chance to do so.

Reactions: TarpHawk
I might be in the minority but I'd like to see Angelo and Arnold go this year. Turn the page. Nelson rubs me the wrong way making light of the gambling situation last year.
I could care less about how he made light of the gambling situation. I want the best 10 guys on the mat regardless of what their names are, who they pissed off, or which asses they did or did not kiss. If we want to get better recruits and continue to improve as a program we have to show our team and those future recruits that they can come to Iowa and win, not come to Iowa and be part of a huge chess match that never comes to fruition because shit happened that we could not have predicted or affected.

SPOONER can help you out with that question.

I don’t specifically know why he didn’t cut it at Iowa but I can tell you it was always an absolute pipe dream that he was going to wrestle for Iowa.

I might be in the minority but I'd like to see Angelo and Arnold go this year. Turn the page. Nelson rubs me the wrong way making light of the gambling situation last year.

Lol…Nelson and crew were effed by the Iowa DCI and you didn’t like how he responded? Impressively thin skin.

Question:

Is Angelo enrolled this semester?

He’s on the roster but you’re asking if he’s enrolled?

James Franco Reaction GIF

Starocci called AJ at a catch weight for the All-Star. But, you know this.
Which was LITERALLY the weakest thing possible. Anyone with any semblance of a brain(unless you are saying Starocci doesn't have one), knows there is no way in hell AJ was getting to 190. As soon as he threw that little caveat out there, it threw all his credibility out the window...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT