ADVERTISEMENT

New Hawk Angelo Ferrari

Not really. A #34 is prolly 3-4 at their weight in their class. Four years of classes would make them at #12-16 at their weight in any given year. Even if you decide they will be better than the freshman as seniors, that still is only #8-12. No guarantees there, imo.
Some of you guys seem excited about the Wisconsin kid, Crook ?? He is 17 at his weight. I assume you think he is going to climb fast over the next year, or very poorly evaluated by Flo at this time. Don’t know where Willie has him.

Reactions: el dub
Not really. A #34 is prolly 3-4 at their weight in their class. Four years of classes would make them at #12-16 at their weight in any given year. Even if you decide they will be better than the freshman as seniors, that still is only #8-12. No guarantees there, imo.
Who said guarantee? I'm talking about expectations. A low 30s pfp recruit, at a top 3 program, should AA a time or two in my opinion, especially by the time he's an upperclassmen. Especially if that top 3 program isn't cleaning house on top 10 pfp each each.

Reactions: el dub and sabula
Who said guarantee? I'm talking about expectations. A low 30s pfp recruit, at a top 3 program, should AA a time or two in my opinion, especially by the time he's an upperclassmen. Especially if that top 3 program isn't cleaning house on top 10 pfp each each.
I wouldn’t expect that person to AA. (Not bringing in top recruits doesn’t change that, imo. It would be icing on the cake if it happened.

Some of you guys seem excited about the Wisconsin kid, Crook ?? He is 17 at his weight. I assume you think he is going to climb fast over the next year, or very poorly evaluated by Flo at this time. Don’t know where Willie has him.

Who’s that excited about him? His profile doesn’t fit the expectation of a high D1 starter.

Riggins was in that low to mid 30 range. We will see if he can earn a spot in the lineup at ISU first before assuming he will AA. Caliendo was 52, and is killing it. Other than the Spencer Lee type guys, recruiting is a crap shoot

I’d be surprised to ever see him on the podium. He’s a kid I can pull for though, so I hope he makes it. Behind a Hawkeye of course.

Who’s that excited about him? His profile doesn’t fit the expectation of a high D1 starter.

I’d be surprised to ever see him on the podium. He’s a kid I can pull for though, so I hope he makes it. Behind a Hawkeye of course.
It will be an accomplishment to earn a spot in the lineup for the rest of his career. IAST has been upping their recruiting, so this will be challenging. I thought he may end up at UNI.

I think you think AA'ing is easier to achieve than it really is. A top 3 pfp in "said year" could be out of the top 10 pfp the next year. In other words not all weight classes are the same quality and not all recruiting classes are of same quality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT