ADVERTISEMENT

NEW POLL: 54% of Americans Approve of Colorado Kicking Trump Off Ballot — Including a Quarter of Republicans

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017

A new poll conducted by YouGov America found that 54% of Americans — and even 24% of Republicans — approved of the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision to kick former President Donald Trumpoff of its 2024 presidential primary ballot.

The court released its opinion holding that Trump was ineligible to reprise his role as president because of the 14th Amendment’s clause barring insurrectionists from holding office on Tuesday evening, concluding that the evidence brought to it “established that President Trump engaged in insurrection” by attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

While some anti-Trump stalwarts have praised the decision, many have criticized it as an attack on democracy and act of political gamesmanship. But early polling shows that a majority of Americans support the opinion. According to the YouGov survey of 3,492 respondents, 54% of the country approve of the Court’s conclusion and 38% strongly approve of it. A combined 35%, meanwhile, either strongly or somewhat disapprove of it.

“Seeing what happened in Colorado makes me think — except we believe in democracy in Texas — maybe we should take Joe Biden off the ballot in Texas for allowing 8 million people to cross the border since he’s been president, disrupting our state far more than anything anyone else has done in recent history,” Lone Star State Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Tuesday night.

“Seeing what happened in Colorado makes me think — except we believe in democracy in Texas — maybe we should take Joe Biden off the ballot in Texas for allowing 8 million people to cross the border since he’s been president, disrupting our state far more than anything anyone else has done in recent history,” Lone Star State Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Tuesday night.
More insurrection by terrorists proving my ongoing points. Thanks

They
Texas or any state can't do shit to Biden.
They can do whatever they want if they don’t get any obstruction and have a few judges onboard. They been bussing illegals all over the country for years now. You don’t think they can play the revenge game in Texas?

You know Lincoln wasn’t on any ballots in the south, don’t you?

They

They can do whatever they want if they don’t get any obstruction and have a few judges onboard. They been bussing illegals all over the country for years now. You don’t think they can play the revenge game in Texas?

The Red States are traitors to the United States. You keep proving me right, thank you.

They

They can do whatever they want if they don’t get any obstruction and have a few judges onboard
. They been bussing illegals all over the country for years now. You don’t think they can play the revenge game in Texas?

A disqualification of Biden in Texas would still have to hold up to legal scrutiny.... especially where the disqualification ruling resulted by virtue of having "a few judges on board". Excessive number of migrants seeking US asylum while Biden is in office is not sufficient legal grounds to disqualify.

A disqualification of Biden in Texas would still have to hold up to legal scrutiny.... especially where the disqualification ruling resulted by virtue of having "a few judges on board". Excessive number of migrants seeking US asylum while Biden is in office is not sufficient legal grounds to disqualify.
Deliberately not securing the border most certainly would qualify based on the standard just set in Colorado

The US Supreme Court isn't going to allow any of this to happen though.

Deliberately not securing the border most certainly would qualify based on the standard just set in Colorado

The US Supreme Court isn't going to allow any of this to happen though.
Sure. Not securing the border, as no president has done in, well honestly recent memory, is tantamount to insurrection.

Do you read what you say? Agree with your online rhetoric?

You’re saying an invasion is occurring, as record number of arrests are also real life occurring. Are the same thing as an insurrection. A coup de ta. Those moments only occur during election season. We are still a year out from that.

If all those Mexicans can control that sort of influence then damn.

They

This The Colorado Supreme Court is on solid Constitutional ground with the 14th Amendment. Highly possible that it would be upheld by SCOTUS. The Texas thing is stupid and in no way related to an Insurrectionist coup, Republicans in America are officially dumb enough to try it, but it wouldn’t stand a chance.

1) Biden wouldn't win Texas if he was the only name on the ballot.

2) If you want to cite the 14th amendment's insurrection clause, you need Trump or ANYONE actually charged and convicted of wait for it... insurrection.

3) what are you scared of with Trump? Joe Biden just got the most votes ever!!! He is beloved and vibrant, and completely physically and mentally fit for the office for another 4 years. Just allow democracy to play out.

A new poll conducted by YouGov America found that 54% of Americans — and even 24% of Republicans — approved of the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision to kick former President Donald Trumpoff of its 2024 presidential primary ballot.

The court released its opinion holding that Trump was ineligible to reprise his role as president because of the 14th Amendment’s clause barring insurrectionists from holding office on Tuesday evening, concluding that the evidence brought to it “established that President Trump engaged in insurrection” by attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

While some anti-Trump stalwarts have praised the decision, many have criticized it as an attack on democracy and act of political gamesmanship. But early polling shows that a majority of Americans support the opinion. According to the YouGov survey of 3,492 respondents, 54% of the country approve of the Court’s conclusion and 38% strongly approve of it. A combined 35%, meanwhile, either strongly or somewhat disapprove of it.

Oh great, another poll. Who knows who they called or even what demographic the people who took the poll are from. The number seems strange when Trumps polling numbers are so high. I question the validity of the poll.

I'm not against him being removed. My only issue is proof. Yeah, it doesn't say he needs to be convicted but I think it needs to be proven. Where does it get proven? In court. I feel like the need for a conviction is implied because they shouldn't be able to drop someone without proof.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Sure. Not securing the border, as no president has done in, well honestly recent memory, is tantamount to insurrection.

You’re saying an invasion is occurring, as record number of arrests are also real life occurring. Are the same thing as an insurrection. A coup de ta. Those moments only occur during election season. We are still a year out from that.

You are a fool. Millions of people are coming across the border in a manner never see before in a very short timeframe and Biden is deliberately fighting any attempts to secure the border and is not dealing with the issue. Instead he in encouraging more of it with his actions.

So yes a case absolutely could be made that he isn't fulfilling his obligations as president. That he is allowing an invasion of the southern border. You can disagree with it all you want but that doesn't change the facts on the ground

This

This might actually get us to Newsom vs. Haley.

Maybe the SCOTUS doesn’t overturn Colorado. Then Texas does it to Biden and they don’t overturn that either. One of them deep state things.
Yeah....there is no difference in the two cited cases. :rolleyes: The world saw Trump orchestrate his attempted puch....and has been investigated and indicted....Biden has been “accused” by a rapid Lynch mob in Texas of an unproven crime, unless you redefine what illegal immigration is...
Yeah, the two are really similar....

Yeah....there is no difference in the two cited cases. :rolleyes: The world saw Trump orchestrate his attempted puch....and has been investigated and indicted....Biden has been “accused” by a rapid Lynch mob in Texas of an unproven crime, unless you redefine what illegal immigration is...
Yeah, the two are really similar....
I agree with you. Just because Biden told foreigners to surge our border when he got elected and the fact we now have 12,000 a day arriving, being illegally accepted and sent to cities all over the country along with facilities that are 300% above capacity doesn’t mean he’s criminally negligent. Just regular negligent.

I mean, 1,586 people on terrorist watch list have been caught coming over since he took office. Took 19 to bring down the towers. Totally not his problem and no big deal at all. We’ve had more illegals arrive here since 2020 than the population of 41 states. But everything is fine.

This The Colorado Supreme Court is on solid Constitutional ground with the 14th Amendment. Highly possible that it would be upheld by SCOTUS. The Texas thing is stupid and in no way related to an Insurrectionist coup, Republicans in America are officially dumb enough to try it, but it wouldn’t stand a chance.
SCOTUS will reverse it 9-0.

1) Biden wouldn't win Texas if he was the only name on the ballot.

2) If you want to cite the 14th amendment's insurrection clause, you need Trump or ANYONE actually charged and convicted of wait for it... insurrection.

3) what are you scared of with Trump? Joe Biden just got the most votes ever!!! He is beloved and vibrant, and completely physically and mentally fit for the office for another 4 years. Just allow democracy to play out.
This staunch conservative is scared what Trump would do to this country if elected. WE HAVE BETTER CHOICES!!!!!

So, you are telling me 24% of Republicans haven't lost what little sense they had to begin with? Too bad they don't post here.
Napoleon Dynamite Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I have to say, I'm quite amazed at the 180 you've take RN. You've gone from my "be a major asshole to all the time" list to "only be an asshole when you have a dumb (to me) stance" list. Well done.
lol, baby steps

• Love
Reactions: Hawki97
I agree with you. Just because Biden told foreigners to surge our border when he got elected and the fact we now have 12,000 a day arriving, being illegally accepted and sent to cities all over the country along with facilities that are 300% above capacity doesn’t mean he’s criminally negligent. Just regular negligent.

I mean, 1,586 people on terrorist watch list have been caught coming over since he took office. Took 19 to bring down the towers. Totally not his problem and no big deal at all. We’ve had more illegals arrive here since 2020 than the population of 41 states. But everything is fine.
So....your point? Looks like bad guys are being stopped...I have a better idea FAU....what doesn’t Congress do their work and pass a new immigration bill? Every President since Junior has been forced to enforce the border by EO..and that is not how it’s supposed to work.
Biden has done nothing “criminal” here...it’s just more Texas bullshit. Face it, new immigration rules are not going to satisfy everyone...someone (Texan, Floridian, New Yorker, California...but someone) is gonna pitch a piss fit.

So....your point? Looks like bad guys are being stopped...I have a better idea FAU....what doesn’t Congress do their work and pass a new immigration bill? Every President since Junior has been forced to enforce the border by EO..and that is not how it’s supposed to work.
Biden has done nothing “criminal” here...it’s just more Texas bullshit. Face it, new immigration rules are not going to satisfy everyone...someone (Texan, Floridian, New Yorker, California...but someone) is gonna pitch a piss fit.
Biden hasn’t done anything criminal but him and his administration have been derelict in their duties when it comes to the border

Solid WOB in here.

This won't hold up but it is another example of Democrats trying to do what republicans should have done themselves. Long ago.

Maybe I shouldn't be but I'm surprised by the 54%. It seems even more obviously wrong when Trump has not been convicted of insurrection.

This is classic "ends outweigh the means" and it's extremely short-sighted IMO. This invites escalating pettiness, and may well make the Trump turnout stronger. It'll also invite legal battles over write in votes where they're arguing over whenther these 1500 people wrote "Trump" or "Trund" on their ballot, or whether they wrote "Trump" instead of "Donald Trump" and theres an argument over whether they meant Eric or Don. Jr. or Ralph Trump from Fort Collins.

This will end up costing taxpayers millions if it stands.

I have to say, I'm quite amazed at the 180 you've take RN. You've gone from my "be a major asshole to all the time" list to "only be an asshole when you have a dumb (to me) stance" list. Well done.
I think someone intelligent hacked his account.

Biden hasn’t done anything criminal but him and his administration have been derelict in their duties when it comes to the border
No more than Trump, Obama, Junior....and the rest. CONGRESS is the culprit here. Congress reneged on Junior when an immigration bill was agreed to by a bipartisan Senate and House committee. That has resulted in governance by EO...and it’s been going on that wat for damn near 20 years. Congress needs to figure this shit out....and honestly RN, Republicans do not want a solution on “the border” because it’s a money maker for them. Republicans in the House scuttled the agreement when Junior was President and they see no reason to find any solution to the problem.

Maybe I shouldn't be but I'm surprised by the 54%. It seems even more obviously wrong when Trump has not been convicted of insurrection.

This is classic "ends outweigh the means" and it's extremely short-sighted IMO. This invites escalating pettiness, and may well make the Trump turnout stronger. It'll also invite legal battles over write in votes where they're arguing over whenther these 1500 people wrote "Trump" or "Trund" on their ballot, or whether they wrote "Trump" instead of "Donald Trump" and theres an argument over whether they meant Eric or Don. Jr. or Ralph Trump from Fort Collins.

This will end up costing taxpayers millions if it stands.

He doesn't have to be convicted, or even charged, stop with that bullshit narrative

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT