ADVERTISEMENT

NEW POLL: 54% of Americans Approve of Colorado Kicking Trump Off Ballot — Including a Quarter of Republicans

No more than Trump, Obama, Junior....and the rest. CONGRESS is the culprit here. Congress reneged on Junior when an immigration bill was agreed to by a bipartisan Senate and House committee. That has resulted in governance by EO...and it’s been going on that wat for damn near 20 years. Congress needs to figure this shit out....and honestly RN, Republicans do not want a solution on “the border” because it’s a money maker for them. Republicans in the House scuttled the agreement when Junior was President and they see no reason to find any solution to the problem.
As much as I dislike Trump it was never this bad here in Arizona. I have lived here for 22 years and like I stated it hasn’t been this bad.

Couple of points the border crossing at Lukeville has never been closed due to the border patrol being overwhelmed

Our very liberal and democratic governor has had to send national guard troops to help out and she is pissed off at the Biden administration for what the border has become

Reactions: SIXERS24
Deliberately not securing the border most certainly would qualify based on the standard just set in Colorado

The US Supreme Court isn't going to allow any of this to happen though.
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

“Seeing what happened in Colorado makes me think — except we believe in democracy in Texas — maybe we should take Joe Biden off the ballot in Texas for allowing 8 million people to cross the border since he’s been president, disrupting our state far more than anything anyone else has done in recent history,” Lone Star State Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Tuesday night.
Typical Republican logic.

Sort of like when George W Bush reasoned that since 15 of the 19 9/11 attackers were from Saudi Arabia, and since Al Qaeda operated out of Afghanistan, therefore we should invade Iraq.

“Seeing what happened in Colorado makes me think — except we believe in democracy in Texas — maybe we should take Joe Biden off the ballot in Texas for allowing 8 million people to cross the border since he’s been president, disrupting our state far more than anything anyone else has done in recent history,” Lone Star State Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Tuesday night.
Last time I checked, States run elections - presumably including who gets to run. Except that they have to follow their existing laws - which I'm guessing currently permit the parties to name their candidates.

So what happens if Texas quickly passes a law saying no one can be on the ballot if they have the authority to block immigrants and fail to exercise that authority to, in fact, block immigrants.

That might be constitutional. But then other states will pass similar laws cleverly designed to block Trump.

It might be fun to watch, but it's just more damage to our already moribund democracy. How much more damage can it take?

As I've said before, leaving elections up to the States was yet another stupid move by the Founders.

As amazing as it was for its time, our Constitution isn't holding too up well these days.

Last time I checked, States run elections - presumably including who gets to run. Except that they have to follow their existing laws - which I'm guessing currently permit the parties to name their candidates.

So what happens if Texas quickly passes a law saying no one can be on the ballot if they have the authority to block immigrants and fail to exercise that authority to, in fact, block immigrants.

That might be constitutional. But then other states will pass similar laws cleverly designed to block Trump.

It might be fun to watch, but it's just more damage to our already moribund democracy. How much more damage can it take?

As I've said before, leaving elections up to the States was yet another stupid move by the Founders.

As amazing as it was for its time, our Constitution isn't holding too up well these days.
So does this mean in the end, Trump might be your guy since he plans to do away with the Constitution?

I think someone intelligent hacked his account.

I applaud anyone getting out of MAGA. There’s nothing wrong with being conservative: There’s everything wrong with being MAGA. The sooner today’s RINO’s figure out the people they’re standing shoulder to shoulder with are at the shallow end of the gene pool and kick then off the island the better. Until then, they’re all the same.

So does this mean in the end, Trump might be your guy since he plans to do away with the Constitution?
If I thought he'd actually fix it rather than making things worse, I would listen.

If he would fix the constitution in ways I liked and suddenly discovered that climate change is real and convincingly promised to go all in on tackling it . . . that would be hard to resist.

Except, of course, who in his right mind would trust Trump?

This

This might actually get us to Newsom vs. Haley.

Maybe the SCOTUS doesn’t overturn Colorado. Then Texas does it to Biden and they don’t overturn that either. One of them deep state things.
Can you point to the part of the Constitution that says a politician’s position on border security is disqualifying for office?

Because there is a 14th amendment that specifically addresses insurrection.

Don’t seem to recall anything on border enforcement in that one.

A new poll conducted by YouGov America found that 54% of Americans — and even 24% of Republicans — approved of the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision to kick former President Donald Trumpoff of its 2024 presidential primary ballot.

The court released its opinion holding that Trump was ineligible to reprise his role as president because of the 14th Amendment’s clause barring insurrectionists from holding office on Tuesday evening, concluding that the evidence brought to it “established that President Trump engaged in insurrection” by attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

While some anti-Trump stalwarts have praised the decision, many have criticized it as an attack on democracy and act of political gamesmanship. But early polling shows that a majority of Americans support the opinion. According to the YouGov survey of 3,492 respondents, 54% of the country approve of the Court’s conclusion and 38% strongly approve of it. A combined 35%, meanwhile, either strongly or somewhat disapprove of it.

It's good to see at least 54% of Americans still have American principals.

Can you point to the part of the Constitution that says a politician’s position on border security is disqualifying for office?

I agree with you. But in Yellow's defense, he pre-supposed that the Supreme Court does not make that distinction clear.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator

You're assuming all of the powers that are in the equation are going to do things exactly the way you see them on paper. I mean, you (the left) have just spent the last two years screaming that the SCOTUS is broken/ corrupt/ inefficient/ crooked and expect them fully to make decisions and see things exactly they way you think they should be seen. Good luck with that.

You're assuming all of the powers that are in the equation are going to do things exactly the way you see them on paper. I mean, you (the left) have just spent the last two years screaming that the SCOTUS is broken/ corrupt/ inefficient/ crooked and expect them fully to make decisions and see things exactly they way you think they should be seen. Good luck with that.
True enough. Then again, they occasionally don't do the wrong thing. This might be one of those cases.

Which raises the question: what is the right thing to do about the Colorado decision.

One of the things that the 2 Colorado courts said was that 1/6 was an insurrection.

Another thing the higher court said was that Trump was a participant in that insurrection. (I can't remember if the lower court held that, too.)

And the final thing the higher court said was that therefore Trump should not appear on the ballot.

It's hard for me to imagine that enough cons will stand behind all 3 of those positions. But they might stand behind some of them.

This is such fun stuff. Imagine being a Civics teacher in times like these. Is Civics still taught?

True enough. Then again, they occasionally don't do the wrong thing. This might be one of those cases.

Which raises the question: what is the right thing to do about the Colorado decision.

One of the things that the 2 Colorado courts said was that 1/6 was an insurrection.

Another thing the higher court said was that Trump was a participant in that insurrection. (I can't remember if the lower court held that, too.)

And the final thing the higher court said was that therefore Trump should not appear on the ballot.

It's hard for me to imagine that enough cons will stand behind all 3 of those positions. But they might stand behind some of them.

This is such fun stuff. Imagine being a Civics teacher in times like these. Is Civics still taught?
My guess is they talk about "the spirit of the law" and talk about the Reconstruction era and say this doesn't apply to what happened on 1/6.

My hope is that SCOTUS allows the insurrection findings to stand. That 1/ was an insurrection and that Trump was a participant.

I won't be upset if they rule that who gets on the primary ballot depends on CO election laws, and sends that part back to the CO court for reconsideration.

I haven't read the CO decision and don't know CO's election laws, so it's possible the CO court already addressed that in a way SCOTUS might accept. In which case SCOTUS might uphold the whole decision.

The worst outcome would be that SCOTUS rules that 1/6 was not an insurrection and/or that Trump was not an insurrectionist. That would be seen as vindication and would be tantamount to handing the 2024 election to Trump.

Or maybe that would be the best outcome. Because then it would be clear that the Court is beyond saving by peaceful means.

I have popcorn.

Biden hasn’t done anything criminal but him and his administration have been derelict in their duties when it comes to the border
It may surprise you to learn that I don't entirely disagree. Biden has done a lot of good things, but his handling of the border is not one of them.

However, doing a bad job is not insurrection, nor is it prohibited by the constitution. It's grounds for being voted out of office or, in serious cases, impeachment. But not for being kept from running or serving if elected. Those outcomes are reserved for insurrectionists.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Can you explain?
This war is about OIL. Russia has 50 percent of their economy in Oil/gas (1/3) and 20 percent in military equipment. The Donbas gets developed and Russia isn't needed (nearly as much). As VP his some was placed into Burisma along with a Kerry advisor. The war started not long after in about 2013. The US went for Putin's jugular and he didn't like it. Putin in a corrupt gangster and would kill us all. But, Biden should never have been allowed to do that through his son.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
This war is about OIL. Russia has 50 percent of their economy in Oil/gas (1/3) and 20 percent in military equipment. The Donbas gets developed and Russia isn't needed (nearly as much). As VP his some was placed into Burisma along with a Kerry advisor. The war started not long after in about 2013. The US went for Putin's jugular and he didn't like it. Putin in a corrupt gangster and would kill us all. But, Biden should never have been allowed to do that through his son.
Oh. Okay. Another new poster to ignore.

As much as I dislike Trump it was never this bad here in Arizona. I have lived here for 22 years and like I stated it hasn’t been this bad.

Couple of points the border crossing at Lukeville has never been closed due to the border patrol being overwhelmed

Our very liberal and democratic governor has had to send national guard troops to help out and she is pissed off at the Biden administration for what the border has become
Countries south of the US are having really rough go of it. With those poor environments in their own countries, its no surprise that many are seeking refuge in the land of plenty.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
You were doing OK until you went down the Hunter Biden rabbit hole.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
My hope is that SCOTUS allows the insurrection findings to stand. That 1/ was an insurrection and that Trump was a participant.

I won't be upset if they rule that who gets on the primary ballot depends on CO election laws, and sends that part back to the CO court for reconsideration.

I haven't read the CO decision and don't know CO's election laws, so it's possible the CO court already addressed that in a way SCOTUS might accept. In which case SCOTUS might uphold the whole decision.

The worst outcome would be that SCOTUS rules that 1/6 was not an insurrection and/or that Trump was not an insurrectionist. That would be seen as vindication and would be tantamount to handing the 2024 election to Trump.

Or maybe that would be the best outcome. Because then it would be clear that the Court is beyond saving by peaceful means.

I have popcorn.
He still has 91 indictments to overcome.

They

They can do whatever they want if they don’t get any obstruction and have a few judges onboard. They been bussing illegals all over the country for years now. You don’t think they can play the revenge game in Texas?

You know Lincoln wasn’t on any ballots in the south, don’t you?
Revenge for what, exactly? One person is off the ballot for insurrection and leading a coup. The other one has a policy you don't like. Not the same thing.

You were doing OK until you went down the Hunter Biden rabbit hole.
Been there. It's real like it or not. I'm not a Trump supporter either. Been on military bases in Ukraine. Not going to argue. Why would a US VP EVER have a family member involved in a politically sensitive area and what about Hunter EVER made him qualified to make that kind of money on the Burisma board.

I'm curious (and not arguing) is your online name a mimick or are you serious? Jesus fully understood people's hearts and confronted thinking. Jesus would not be pushing war. Jesus would not believe the US is always right on the world scene. What are you trying to say?

Aiding and abetting the enemy by allowing terrorists in the country. Of course I’m kidding, but this will still get a rise out of some of you loose cannons.

Reactions: Hawkman34
Wrong as well. Not saying it will triumph (because of MAGAt judges) but closer than that. The 14th is pretty clear
The 7 D appointed judges in Colorado had a 4-3 decision. It’s not like there was a consensus on the decision.

I think it’s a pretty good chance at least 1 of the 3 D’s vote to toss it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT