ADVERTISEMENT

New polls show Kamala Harris leading or tied in most swing states with Donald Trump, who heads to North Carolina today. See more updates

Absolutely false. I loathe trump, but will begrudgingly vote for him because the Democratic Party is beholden to the far left. Machin, for example, has (unsuccessfully) begged the power brokers within the party to return to the middle. He pleaded for Harris to not be awarded the nomination.

Trump being the Republican candidate is the only reason you have any chance.
I thought Machin went independent long ago. Why does he get a say.

Sounds like he wanted to put his name out as a nominee after Biden dropped out. Sounds like he really likes Walz.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Absolutely false. I loathe trump, but will begrudgingly vote for him because the Democratic Party is beholden to the far left. Machin, for example, has (unsuccessfully) begged the power brokers within the party to return to the middle. He pleaded for Harris to not be awarded the nomination.

Trump being the Republican candidate is the only reason you have any chance.
speaking of joe manchin

“My friend Governor Tim Walz will bring normality back to the most chaotic political environment that most of us have ever seen. All of the candidates were strong and any one of them would have been a great pick, but I can think of no one better than Governor Walz to help bring our country closer together and bring balance back to the Democratic Party. Governor Walz is the real deal. I look forward to continuing to work with him to bring normalcy back to Washington.”

I think she can start lining up her cabinet.

It’s over. Best outcome will be for Trump to really go crazy at the end and his biggest supporters will be so embarrassed they shut up after the election.

Should set up well for the Republicans in 2028 with a new crop of leaders. And if Harris turns out to be a home run President, that’s great because I am retiring in 3 years and would like my stocks to do well.
After 2016 I’m never taking an election for granted again.

Trump invited the press to his golf course today and is taking questions. A press conference you say? Well, no. We all know he won't answer any questions. But he will make an idiot of himself while his handlers bang their heads against the wall.

Reactions: cigaretteman
speaking of joe manchin

“My friend Governor Tim Walz will bring normality back to the most chaotic political environment that most of us have ever seen. All of the candidates were strong and any one of them would have been a great pick, but I can think of no one better than Governor Walz to help bring our country closer together and bring balance back to the Democratic Party. Governor Walz is the real deal. I look forward to continuing to work with him to bring normalcy back to Washington.”

Now give his quote on fellow Senator Kamala Harris...

Speaks volumes.

Now give his quote on fellow Senator Kamala Harris...

Speaks volumes.
ok...he doesn't like kamala, but he likes her vp pick

if joe manchin is the standard here, i find it hard to say the party is "beholden to the far left" when you get this kind of endorsement for their vp pick

you'd think a party "beholden to the far left" would pick a more (at least according to manchin) "far left" vp

Last edited:
ok...he doesn't like kamala, but he likes her vp pick

if joe manchin is the standard here, i find it hard to say the party is "beholden to the far left" when you get this kind of endorsement for their vp pick

you'd think a party "beholden to the far left" would pick a more (at least according to manchin) "far left" vp
I've said consistently that Walz is a fine pick for VP. He's a liberal, and I would've thought Shapiro would have been a better pick, but it's been reported that Harris has good rapport with Walz.

I just find it informative for those wondering that a moderate Democrat gives such a glowing endorsement of your VP candidate but refuses to be quoted on the person at the top of your ticket.

If you read the tea leaves, it's pretty clear that Harris is far too liberal for Manchin's taste and that should be of concern to the political middle 1/3 of the country. She's going to spend the next 2 months running from all of her soundbites, but we should all be skeptical.

I've said consistently that Walz is a fine pick for VP. He's a liberal, and I would've thought Shapiro would have been a better pick, but it's been reported that Harris has good rapport with Walz.

I just find it informative for those wondering that a moderate Democrat gives such a glowing endorsement of your VP candidate but refuses to be quoted on the person at the top of your ticket.

If you read the tea leaves, it's pretty clear that Harris is far too liberal for Manchin's taste and that should be of concern to the political middle 1/3 of the country. She's going to spend the next 2 months running from all of her soundbites, but we should all be skeptical.
i don't disagree with any of that

but i'd say that a party that picks a moderate for their #2 spot is not, in fact, "beholden" to the non-moderate wing of the party

it shows they are trying to moderate the ticket, broaden the appeal, and spread the influence and power across different factions of the democrat coalition

If Harris was running against Romney or Haley, your point of where she stands on the political spectrum would be valid, but this election is about who is fit to serve. Swing voters had serious questions about Joe due to his age related cognitive decline. Now, that scrutiny is focused on Trump and his many flaws.

Plus, Kamala has energized young people who now have a reason to vote.

Get back to the bench Mitch you're messing with the Varsity now.
Personal insults won't change the fact that, once again, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
Your boy is sinking like a rock and you know it.
Imagine what that DJT stock will continue to do now that even Trump himself is abandoning Truth Social and using X?
I'm close to pitying you.
Close!

Reactions: sober_teacher
i don't disagree with any of that

but i'd say that a party that picks a moderate for their #2 spot is not, in fact, "beholden" to the non-moderate wing of the party

it shows they are trying to moderate the ticket, broaden the appeal, and spread the influence and power across different factions of the democrat coalition
Walz isn't a moderate, imo. He's a liberal. More liberal than the other choices that were under consideration for VP. But he's a likeable liberal. One that can be worked/reasoned with.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
Assuming Omaha breaks for the Dems and Maine goes as predicted she does not need anything other than Penn, Mich and Wisc. That’s 270. But damn I hope she runs up the score on Trump by winning Georgia, N.C., AZ, and Nevada. Plus make things a bit tighter in FL and TX than Trump would like.

The never-Trump RINOs need a Trump beat down to restore the party to a semblance of it’s former self.
I would argue that it's the pro Trumps that are the RINOs. He destroyed the Once proud Republican party.

I would argue that it's the pro Trumps that are the RINOs. He destroyed the Once proud Republican party.
No argument here. I personally think RINO, the way the Trumpers define it, should be a badge of honor. But either way, we are in violent agreement that MAGA has very little to do with historic Republican values and behaviors.

Things are spiraling for the Trump campaign and to this point, they don't seem to know how to stop it.
Begging for debates is certainly a "sign".

Trump is obviously very angry and the namecalling has definitely increased. It will be interesting if his advisers can get him to change.
Down ballot Republicans have to be worried in all "purple" races.

Maybe they realize the Supreme Court has given Biden the green light to order a hit on Trump and don't want the shit stain if he does it.
Yeah that's what I said... people are afraid of another botched democrat hit on Trump which was deadly.

I'm sure. Like a Mitt Romney Republican?
Forget about backtracking...
Maybe you want to rehash that "he gave $16 to a progressive" excuse that others have tried?

Still a losing argument, tho.
His parent's property was filled with Trump signs as well.
I'd bet many national Republicans are sad Crooks missed?

Trump will hold a "press conference," but he doesn't actually answer questions. That's not to say that actual questions aren't asked by reporters. They are. But Trump doesn't attempt to actually answer the questions.

One trick with some reporters recently is they have started to get more specific on some topics and it's clear just how little Trump actually knows. If he's asked bout the "abortion pill," he will ramble on but it's somewhat on topic. But when he was asked specifically about "mifepristone," it's evident that he has no clue what that is. It's the same thing with his confusion of the words "asylum" and "visa" pertaining to immigrants.

Reactions: MitchLL
Personal insults won't change the fact that, once again, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
Your boy is sinking like a rock and you know it.
Imagine what that DJT stock will continue to do now that even Trump himself is abandoning Truth Social and using X?
I'm close to pitying you.
Close!
LOL - Don't fret over Rico, I'm rolling in profits from my sale of DJT back in March.

BTW - Trump is leading in the polls in most categories.

Trump will hold a "press conference," but he doesn't actually answer questions. That's not to say that actual questions aren't asked by reporters. They are. But Trump doesn't attempt to actually answer the questions.

One trick with some reporters recently is they have started to get more specific on some topics and it's clear just how little Trump actually knows. If he's asked bout the "abortion pill," he will ramble on but it's somewhat on topic. But when he was asked specifically about "mifepristone," it's evident that he has no clue what that is. It's the same thing with his confusion of the words "asylum" and "visa" pertaining to immigrants.
With his lack of common sense, it's not difficult to understand how he could go bankrupt multiple times.

Just some rich guy that never worked for anything and lost so much of what he inherited.

And this clown is the face of today's GOP?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT