ADVERTISEMENT

New wrestling facility

There was probably a pause to properly identify any possible ancient artifacts, Then of course you have the DNR making sure all of the toads, frogs and mice are safe from extinction.
If the FBI showed up, then you have a whole other set of problems.
When we rented in Iowa City in the 1970s, we dug around the back yard looking for ancient artifacts. We found a small weed pipe, a broken zippo lighter, two pint glasses, a plastic pitcher, a broken bottle of Wild Turkey, and the foil wrapper from a condom. No little critters though, except for night crawlers. Nothing worth reporting, but we did use a few night crawlers for fishing at Lake McBride. I still have the pitcher.

Last edited:
What are they doing with the current wrestling room/facilities when this opens?

What are they doing with the current wrestling room/facilities when this opens?
I'd like to see a floor by floor layout of the current north Carver annex. Presumably that old wrestling space will be eaten up by other sports teams in the form of additional training areas or offices.

Did Iowa baseball take up the old football practice facility weight room building that's attached to the Indoor Track Facility?

I'd like to see a floor by floor layout of the current north Carver annex. Presumably that old wrestling space will be eaten up by other sports teams in the form of additional training areas or offices.

Did Iowa baseball take up the old football practice facility weight room building that's attached to the Indoor Track Facility?

Yes I believe so.

I really hope it doesn’t look as tacky as Kinnick. That recent Kinnick update looked 10 years old the day they opened the doors. Terrible finishings in my opinion. Hopefully it looks modern, like what Oregon does or Georgia’s amazing locker room. I know it’s a different sport, but make it look great please!

Reactions: grapplefann

Half the size of ours and looks like a post office, but props for doing something
Hopefully, it will make sense. Some of these facilities are just silly with all the amenities. Some mats, some weights, some lockers and some people committed to getting better is all that is really needed. Their old facility was an embarrassment to the state with all the talent they have coming out of Illinois. It is nice to see them step up their game.

Reactions: 12tdsaw
Hopefully, it will make sense. Some of these facilities are just silly with all the amenities. Some mats, some weights, some lockers and some people committed to getting better is all that is really needed. Their old facility was an embarrassment to the state with all the talent they have coming out of Illinois. It is nice to see them step up their game.

Athletes are expecting/demanding more than that. Any school that takes that approach will fall behind, and fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT