ADVERTISEMENT

New wrestling facility

natchrlman

HR Heisman
Jul 10, 2003
Drove by Carver yesterday….. they have a hell of a hole excavated and it doesn’t look like anything else is going on

Any updates on the construction schedule?

Last edited:
Yeah I heard they only raised enough to dig a hole and this has pushed completion back about 10 years. Total bummer.
You’re such an asshole….. It was middle of the week…. No structural materials around that I could see…..no activity

I’m just asking if there’s some kind of delay in construction cause nothing was going on

Does that deserve such a douche reply?

Last edited:
You’re such an asshole….. It was middle of the week…. No structural materials around that I could see…..no activity

I’m just asking if there’s some kind of delay in construction cause nothing was going on

Does that deserve such a douche reply?

Meh it’s early August. Nothing really going on. Why not? I did find the part you edited out to be amusing so I went for it.

Par for the course. Hopefully the key donors know exactly where the construction progression is & deservingly so. Otherwise the rest of us should probably get use to the fact and be happy that it's ultimately going to happen, but I wouldn't expect a lot of updates. The program is built on success, not communication. I'd like both, but I'll choose success.

All things considered I feel like they've done a pretty good job. There was a heck of a lot of lumber to clear away from there. I don't know anything about construction, but the bottom of the hole looks level and ready for construction. Seems like it's proceeding just fine to me.
Yea it’s packed and looks like it ready to start pouring some concrete …. Like Cowboy mentioned maybe there’s a delay getting the steel and I’m betting it’s expensive right now with the supply issues

Sitting at the ticket office now….. there’s a backhoe down in the hole and a bunch of rebar piled around today so they’re working but don’t seem to be in a hurry 😂😂

Drove by Carver yesterday….. they have a hell of a hole excavated and it doesn’t look like anything else is going on

Any updates on the construction schedule?
Probably just red tape crap. Takes 2-3 years to build a roundabout where I live. Lol
Dubai builds a 2700 foot skyscraper in 30 months. Freedom Tower in New York took like 12 years.

Reactions: natchrlman
Rome wasn't built in a day, and this won't be either. Patience grasshopper.
56deea0128131.jpeg
It's a process, you know. You can't grow a great mullet in a day, (and) you can't build a new wrestling facility in a day.

Yeah I heard they only raised enough to dig a hole and this has pushed completion back about 10 years. Total bummer.
You joke about that, but the UI once dug a hole for a new pool out by the Hall of Fame and even had a ribbon cutting ceremony for it, and we all know how that turned out.

There was probably a pause to properly identify any possible ancient artifacts, Then of course you have the DNR making sure all of the toads, frogs and mice are safe from extinction.
If the FBI showed up, then you have a whole other set of problems.
No chance of Polar Bear sightings, so we got that going for us.

Hopefully Gobblin and the boys are keeping a sharp eye and a Remington 870 close for a wandering Northern Spotted Owl.

That is far too logical. Spice it up a little, I am starting to think “Room Guy” moniker is getting in your head.
I heard work stopped because they found Jimmy Hoffa. Word on the street is he thought wrestlers were sissies and 83% chance he met his demise on a bridge near Iowa City. Time to lawyer up Cesspool old timers.

I heard work stopped because they found Jimmy Hoffa. Word on the street is he thought wrestlers were sissies and 83% chance he met his demise on a bridge near Iowa City. Time to lawyer up Cesspool old timers.
So whoever killed Hoffa buried him 15 ft deep in Iowa City……makes sense…..

so maybe they’ll name a wing of the facility after him?

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
So whoever killed Hoffa buried him 15 ft deep in Iowa City……makes sense…..

so maybe they’ll name a wing of the facility after him?
Why Hoffa and not one of the others that we, uh, used to bolster the rebar? ;)
So many "donors" and so few places to put names. Sigh.

Last edited:
There was probably a pause to properly identify any possible ancient artifacts, Then of course you have the DNR making sure all of the toads, frogs and mice are safe from extinction.
If the FBI showed up, then you have a whole other set of problems.
Is Carl...? Never mind.

Reactions: Inthecircle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT