ADVERTISEMENT

newest FLO recruiting rankings

I think some of the recruiting problem is getting guys who are limited offensively. PSU may take a guy with limited offense here and there (Facundo), but Cael prioritizes recruits that have a high offensive pace. If you have good defensive as well., great. Unfortunately, it feels like Arnold and other recent prize Brands recruits are high energy, hi pace, but limited offensively and not much tools (length) to work with. Arnold will be good, 3-4x AA likely. Likely not a multi champ. That’s the PSU bar. You best recruits have to have multi champ potential. I just don’t see that with Arnold, never saw it with AM, Kennedy,
Great post. PSU typically targets guys who have diverse skills sets and diverse scoring abilities, they also tend to target guys with lengthier frames and above average athletic ability.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Great doesn’t get it done against PSU. which sucks.
It sure could. That’s what it takes. Sounds like they broke you, bruh.

Ice Hockey Reaction GIF by NHL

I can give you a scenario that could happen if Iowa lands Bassett. I have said this before and I will say it again. Let's say Iowa lands Bassett. Now the following year, a GOOD chance Melvin Miller comes since that is his cousin and I believe Bill Bassett is raising Melvin. Now the following year Bo's little brother Keegan comes. That's 3 legit high level top tier recruits within 3 years. Now let's take it a step further and say by them coming, it attracts a kid like Mario Hutcherson who is a Young Guns kid and trains at Bassetts place. That's 4 top tier recruits from PA. Now maybe it sways 1-3 more good recruits who want to jump on that train and be part of an exciting time that could be. You mean to tell me that wouldn't be huge for Iowa wrestling? It's wishful thinking, but also a good chance it could happen.
200w.gif

I'll give you credit though, I like your optimism.

I agree. It's going to be hard to catch PSU when they are getting that many top recruits. I've said it on here so many times. The only way they can catch up to PSU is if Iowa lands Bassett and other top tier recruits come along with him.
I'm old enough to remember Hawk fans saying Spencer was the game changer and recruits were going to flock to Iowa City because of him. I'm still out here in Pennsylvania trying to clog that pipeline to Iowa he opened up for ya'll..

It's too bad you can't clog that internet pipeline as well.
But then the entire wrestling community would be deprived of all the aweful takes on this board. And we wouldnt be as informed and entertained with slumlord Bob failing miserably while whoring himself and his wallet out trying to bring in transfers.

Gonna have to pass on your idea..

Is the correct past tense of grind - "ground" instead of "grinded"? It is possible Bassett is a moran and this place is the perfect fit for him! :)
You are correct if you are an English teacher or old (which I am), but kids use “grinded” when they talk about working repeatedly through a video game or wrestling technique in this instance. So, for his audience he is actually on point. It might make us old guys cringe but for teenagers he is speaking their slang. I did enjoy your friendly post and this was not meant to be a douchey reply.

Last edited:
Is the correct past tense of grind - "ground" instead of "grinded"? It is possible Bassett is a moran and this place is the perfect fit for him! :)
Probably should have said we were grinding hard. Good thing we are bring him in to wrestle, not teach English. He looks brilliant compared to some of the writing from high level football and basketball players!

Reactions: lookleft goright
Probably should have said we were grinding hard. Good thing we are bring him in to wrestle, not teach English. He looks brilliant compared to some of the writing from high level football and basketball players!
Although I think grinding is a way of dancing when the guy and girl grind their respective groins into each other. I could be wrong on that one, because I do not exactly have my finger on the pulse of the latest societal trends. Of course the guy is the one grinding hard, the girl, I believe, is just getting ground. :)

Although I think grinding is a way of dancing when the guy and girl grind their respective groins into each other. I could be wrong on that one, because I do not exactly have my finger on the pulse of the latest societal trends. Of course the guy is the one grinding hard, the girl, I believe, is just getting ground. :)
Grinding is what what we would call putting in hard work on something. Get your perverted mind out of the gutter 😊

i thought grinded was the word to describe most of Spencers Opponents after he repeatedly tilted them and they had no choice but to go along for the ride...maybe i mixed GRINDED up with rag dolled??
Meat Grinder GIF

Reactions: lookleft goright
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT