ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSOM LAUGHS OFF PROCESS OF HARRIS NOMINATION

Not ‘exactly the same’ but equally disqualified.

I wouldn’t hire Biden, Trump, Harris, McConnell, Newsom, Pelosi, Graham, et al to mop my floors or walk my dogs. Why tf would I want any of them being the ‘ruler of the free world’?

Because you aren’t a child who stamps their feet and throws a fit whenever they don’t get what they want.

Harris or Trump will be president. I’m not particularly enamored with Harris. But I didn’t make the choices and I have to pick one of them.

At 72, you should know that this is exactly how candidates were chosen long before primaries or caucuses were ever a thing. While I think your scenario is very unlikely and would be really unpopular, you should also know that both parties would be well within their rights to switch to that method of choosing a candidate. You see, there are no actual rules to how parties need to choose their candidates. They can do it however they want. It's just that if we went back to smoke filled rooms of about 10 people choosing a candidate that person would have a far more difficult time drawing support.
I don’t remember candidates being chosen that way. I was 15.in 1968 when Bobby Kennedy was killed after winning the California Primary. He had lost in Oregon and needed California. I don’t remember in 1964.

Last edited:
Because you aren’t a child who stamps their feet and throws a fit whenever they don’t get what they want.

Harris or Trump will be president. I’m not particularly enamored with Harris. But I didn’t make the choices and I have to pick one of them.
No. You don’t. And even if you do ‘pick’ in the end it will make no difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT